First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all - I went to my BMV today to get the permanent license plate, and there was no extra fee for the hybrid. I thought we had to pay $100 extra. I even told the clerk it was a brand new model that maybe wasn't in the system as a hybrid.. Has anyone else here in OH experienced this?
Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD šŸ˜‰
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all - I went to my BMV today to get the permanent license plate, and there was no extra fee for the hybrid. I thought we had to pay $100 extra. I even told the clerk it was a brand new model that maybe wasn't in the system as a hybrid.. Has anyone else here in OH experienced this?
No experience but according to the state, you definitely should've been charged the $100/year from the initial registration, especially since you stated it is a hybrid.

https://www.bmv.ohio.gov/vr-firstissuance.aspx

Hybrid and Plug-In Electric
After January 1, 2020:

• Registration applications for a hybrid vehicle will be assessed an additional $100 fee per registration year.
  • Registration applications for an electric vehicle will be assessed an additional $200 fee per registration year.
The fee is charged when a qualifying vehicle is registered for the first time, and for all subsequent registration renewals.

Vehicles renewed for multiple years will be charged the fee for each year of the registration period.

Effective October 22, 2020, fuel type fees will be prorated based on the number of months for which the vehicle is registered when a transaction is not for a full calendar year.

Hybrid
  • A passenger car with a combustion engine and a battery cell energy system that cannot be recharged via an external source of electricity but can be recharged by other vehicle mechanisms that capture and store electric energy
  • Model year 2009 or newer
  • National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) identifies the vehicleā€™s fuel type based upon the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and model year
Plug-in Electric
  • A passenger car powered wholly or in part by a battery cell energy system that can be recharged via an external source of electricity.
  • Model year 2009 or newer
  • NHTSA identifies the vehicleā€™s fuel type based upon the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and model year
Fuel Type Calculation
  • The Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) utilizes a VIN Decoding Program provided by NHTSA to determine a vehicleā€™s fuel type.
Self-Declare
  • If your vehicleā€™s fuel type cannot be decoded by NHTSA (fuel type is ā€˜unknownā€™) at the time of renewal, you will receive a Fuel Type Required for Vehicle Registration Renewal letter (BMV 4641) notifying you to renew at a local Deputy Registrar or at OPLATES.com and self-declare your fuel type.
  • If your vehicleā€™s fuel type cannot be decoded by NHTSA (fuel type is ā€˜unknownā€™) during a renewal transaction at a deputy registrar, you must complete an Unknown Vehicle Fuel Type Affidavit for Registration (form BMV 4740).

hooliganmom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for that. I thought they would know by the VIN, but the clerk said the system was not showing it as a hybrid. I should have asked for the self declare fuel form I guess. I hope I don't get fined later!

ohiorules18

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chrysler 200
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Long time lurker to this site, wanted to finally post for 2 reasons.
1. THANK YOU to all on this site for the helpful information that has been shared!
2. I finally got my Mav yesterday (7/21 order date, iconic silver, hybrid, lariat lux with 360). I ordered thru Byers Ford in Delaware OH. ZERO issues with pickup yesterday! Nick, Keaton, and Steve were all great. Honored price we talked about back in July and NO pressure on adding anything additional. I would highly recommend to those looking to order a 23 model!
Maverick has been great! Nothing I would change, worth the wait!!!

scottcav9176

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford Taurus
Long time lurker to this site, wanted to finally post for 2 reasons.
1. THANK YOU to all on this site for the helpful information that has been shared!
2. I finally got my Mav yesterday (7/21 order date, iconic silver, hybrid, lariat lux with 360). I ordered thru Byers Ford in Delaware OH. ZERO issues with pickup yesterday! Nick, Keaton, and Steve were all great. Honored price we talked about back in July and NO pressure on adding anything additional. I would highly recommend to those looking to order a 23 model!
Maverick has been great! Nothing I would change, worth the wait!!!
Congratulations and welcome to the club!

Sponsored

bentley72

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
did you transfer tags from an older vehicle? I didnā€™t have to pay it either, but I had renewed my tags a few weeks before and just had to pay the transfer fee

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Congratulations and welcome to the club!
Isn't it great!!!?? I've had mine since 3 May...I love it. This truck is great!! Folks want to know more about it,never heard of it! My ride is smooth and wonderful. Getting used to the Hybrid "thing" but so far no issues,very happy with this truck.

RustBeltRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE Premium
Would love to know what build quality issues you have already.
welp;
I have a rattle in the dash by the windshield on the passengers side. The sunglasses door doesnā€™t fit right and requires bending it to open it. The tri-fold cover caused a violent shake at highway speed, the dealership is replacing the cover with a different model free of charge. I have a weird clunk in the breaks when i release the pedal, where it almost sounds like squishing a tomato when i release the brakes..

There was an old joke about cars from the 70ā€™s being built on a Monday.. yup..

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
did you transfer tags from an older vehicle? I didnā€™t have to pay it either, but I had renewed my tags a few weeks before and just had to pay the transfer fee
I switched plates from my old car and had no problems. Registration was standard. I thought about renewing for multiple years but didn't. Should've because I've got a feeling they'll figure it out next year. Though since it's a renewal maybe never.

Sponsored

crashdumie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
unknown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
after being marked as "Shipped", how long should I expect my truck to take to get to central Ohio?

crashdumie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
unknown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for that. I thought they would know by the VIN, but the clerk said the system was not showing it as a hybrid. I should have asked for the self declare fuel form I guess. I hope I don't get fined later!
i know the BMV knew that mine was a hybrid when that law came into effect. because i went to the BMV expecting to pay $56. and was shocked when they told me it was $156.
the lady asked, " do you still want it?"
i said "well yeah, i have to have it don't i?. what is why the state can get away with charging what ever they want for it"

crashdumie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
unknown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, I was hoping it would beat the ETA date. doesnt seem like it.
Hopefully the delivery is the finial test of patience and the dealer does not try to work you over. I made sure to let the dealer know I was not interested in any add-ons or services unless approved. Also had to endure the hard sell on extended warranty. Very persistent that I needed that for a first year model to which I replied multiple times "No thank you since it already has a warranty".
Sponsored