First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you using your insurance or theirs? I prefer to use mine for anything that happens even if it is not my fault.
I second this -- particularly for the convenience. A few years ago, I was rear-ended and had my rear bumper replaced. It was done by a high-quality shop in a couple of days with no effort or stress on my part. I paid my insurance company the deductible and within a few weeks they recovered from the other guy's insurance company and refunded me. No effect on my rates.
I would take a check from the insurance, but only after their third offer, never their first! Go find a good paint-less dent repair person and they could easily pull that out and get it looking good again. Pocket the $$$
You can always go check, but I don't think the "paint-less" folks will be able to help with this. I had a small crease in a fender (probably happened in a parking lot) and they couldn't do anything with it. Once the metal flexes to a certain point they can't work it out. (And you obviously need paint.) You'd be better off with new door panels if they will spring for them.
Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So here is the sad truth ladies and gentlemen, March 2, 2022 I was stuck by another vehicle. They had insurance, so I won't have to pay cor anything (hopefully). I do have a few concerns and would like your input.

My Maverick is 2022 XLT awd ecoboost. Added features include FX4, and sunroof. I tinted my windows, added db drive 10" substation (Amp and sub in one), and my blinkers from yellow to led white switchbacks. Nothing crazy custom but it's mine. Ordered July 10th 2021, delivered Oct 21st 2021, so I've had for a bit. Love it!! If any of you who happen to still waiting for yours I would love give you any feed back, but here are my co concerns about my situation.

1. If I do need replacement parts, would there be any parts available from Ford in order to get them??

2. Would you take a check from the insurance company and get it fixed at a mom & pop body shop?? Possibly pocketing any left over dinero?Dinero??

3. What are the chances of them just totalling it due to lack of available parts?? If so, would you go back and order another Maverick/buy something else?

4. Just leave it and drive it around as is??

Idk I have so many mixed emotions your opinions would definitely help. Thanks.

20220303_175118.jpg

20220302_163520.jpg

20220302_163513.jpg

20220302_163511.jpg

20220302_163457.jpg

20220302_155854.jpg
I never take the cheap route...

If the accident wasn't your fault don't forget to go after diminished value. Each accident decreases the value of your vehicle. Get it fixed correctly and don't use cheap parts.

djd3

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

ychuck46

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Supercrew w/EcoBoost engine, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You're lucky the person who hit you even stayed to assume responsibility. Nowadays most drivers like that flee since it is cheaper for them. I can speak from personal experience(s), although not yet on our Maverick, which is enroute.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I skipped most of the thread. My thoughts:
- if it's totalled out, make them find you an equivalent online. They're selling for way more than MSRP right now.
-doesn't look like it should be totalled out
-stand your ground and make them give you a rental until you get your Maverick back. If they say they can't or won't, ask them to show you the law or rules...

Good luck! Glad you're ok!

Sponsored

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So here is the sad truth ladies and gentlemen, March 2, 2022 I was stuck by another vehicle. They had insurance, so I won't have to pay cor anything (hopefully). I do have a few concerns and would like your input.

My Maverick is 2022 XLT awd ecoboost. Added features include FX4, and sunroof. I tinted my windows, added db drive 10" substation (Amp and sub in one), and my blinkers from yellow to led white switchbacks. Nothing crazy custom but it's mine. Ordered July 10th 2021, delivered Oct 21st 2021, so I've had for a bit. Love it!! If any of you who happen to still waiting for yours I would love give you any feed back, but here are my co concerns about my situation.

1. If I do need replacement parts, would there be any parts available from Ford in order to get them??

2. Would you take a check from the insurance company and get it fixed at a mom & pop body shop?? Possibly pocketing any left over dinero?Dinero??

3. What are the chances of them just totalling it due to lack of available parts?? If so, would you go back and order another Maverick/buy something else?

20220303_175118.jpg

20220302_163520.jpg

20220302_163513.jpg

20220302_163511.jpg

20220302_163457.jpg

20220302_155854.jpg
Man, I'm glad you came out OK! I bet it rattled your teeth some. In a slightly related story, I bought my first-year Mazda Tribute sight-unseen, based on the wonderful write-ups in the magazines and the great experience I had with my Miata. Well, I had the SUV only a few days when something went wrong with the tranny. The dealership figured it out right away, but the only repair parts for it were still in Japan. The dealership gave me a new mid=size loaner until the part could get here, ABOUT A WEEK. FWIW, I hope this helps. Again, glad no one was hurt.

Camlt12010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Escape
Engine
Undecided
I would try a local college that does body work. It would be good training for the students and by the pictures, looks like the panels can be beaten back in place.
If the paint can be buffed clean , a good PDR guy might be able to straighten.

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Makes me sick...a nice Ford hit by one of the junkiest GM products....good grief!

OP
OP
Gabe06

Gabe06

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If the paint can be buffed clean , a good PDR guy might be able to straighten.
That would be worst case scenario. My truck was new, and deserves new parts. Aside from that, the diminished value of my truck. It's just a sad situation all around.

Camlt12010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Escape
Engine
Undecided
That would be worst case scenario. My truck was new, and deserves new parts. Aside from that, the diminished value of my truck. It's just a sad situation all around.
I'm sorry to Hear , but had a lot of experience with Paintless dent removal over the years. If the paint isn't broken a good PDR guy MAY be able to save it and you would still have the original parts. But only if he could guarantee great success.

Sponsored

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do what you feel is best for your Maverick and your conscience.
You had mentioned the idea of driving it "as is". Although the Maverick is classified a pickup please remember it is unibody construction not body on frame. That being said you may consider at least having a reputable full service body shop check all of your Suspension angles. Under the skin that truck could be twisted like a pretzel.
One more item. Get three estimates for fully repairing the damages.
Enough from me. We pray you achieve positive results.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
God I hate to see these as I enter month eight waiting for a build dateโ€ฆI hope it all works out and reiterate DO NOT TAKE A CHECK.

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

20220303_175118.jpg

20220302_163520.jpg

20220302_163513.jpg

20220302_163511.jpg

20220302_163457.jpg

20220302_155854.jpg
Any update, my maverick has almost the exact same damage! Unfortunately. Goes for an estimate Wednesday!

OP
OP
Gabe06

Gabe06

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any update, my maverick has almost the exact same damage! Unfortunately. Goes for an estimate Wednesday!
Yes, sorry for not providing an update. I maverick is fixed. I went to the dealership for repairs. Since it wasn't my fault the other guy's insurance covered full liability and said I could go anywhere.

The maverick received 2 new door panels, new rocker panel, and was only fixed on the small part of the cab towards the bottom where the door shuts. Parts were available to ship with no problem. I had to wait for my appointment in order to drop it off, but after that it was a total of 12 days for the damage to get fixed and painted. Over all it looks great.

The pics were you see me pointing is the only areas that were fixed. Hope your Maverick is back to its beautiful self soon. Let me know if you have any questions

Ford Maverick Oh no!! Damaged Maverick ๐Ÿ’” 20220621_111650
Ford Maverick Oh no!! Damaged Maverick ๐Ÿ’” 20220621_111746
Ford Maverick Oh no!! Damaged Maverick ๐Ÿ’” 20220621_111657
Ford Maverick Oh no!! Damaged Maverick ๐Ÿ’” 20220621_111718
Ford Maverick Oh no!! Damaged Maverick ๐Ÿ’” 20220621_111733
Sponsored