Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You sound like you work for Ford

Allocations mean everything, and Ford has been caught lying about allocations on their other lines and on the Maverick as well.

They have also shows using the word constrained was just another way for you to not look at allocations. They build according to what they can build with allocations being who gets built. Even if they have to cancel a VIN to do it, they will do it, and build a far more recent order (allocation) to do it.
I work for a small Ford dealer, not for Ford.

Allocations have been tricky.... and have not worked like they have in other years. Starting this fall, Ford is making lots of changes about allocations....and I'm honestly not sure how all this new system will work out.

Allocation just means how many of whatever vehicle line Ford will consider scheduling at a certain dealership in a certain time period (usually a month).

A dealership needs allocation for Ford to consider a vehicle for scheduling. When a dealership does have allocation during a scheduling week..... then the priority/age of the order comes into consideration. Ford looks at the lowest priority/oldest orders first for scheduling. If there is a constrained item (i.e. they don't have enough parts for whatever option for the week they are scheduling), they will look to the next order. So yes, depending on constrained items, a newer or lower priority may be picked over an older/higher priority order. They have to have the parts to build it.

Cancelling scheduled VINs is new...... If you asked me prior to October 2022, I would have told you that if it has a VIN, Ford will build it. Obviously, that is not something we can necessarily count on any more.
Sponsored

MechSC

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mazda Protege5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still not clear on whether or not the financing rates from the original order dates these rollovers would be applied. This would at least help add to the incentive of sticking around.

I doubt it, because that would make too much sense.

Hijeemoto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nunya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok. So I’m buggin now. Emailed back and forth with the sales manager at the dealership my order is through and he says that my hybrid Mav will be built as my22 and that they’re not building any until February 2023?! Wtf is going on? Chatted with ford cs again also and they had NO information with any updates except to say that Ford has not issued anything officially regarding when my22’s will stop being built? Come on. WTH is actually going on Ford? This is annoying.

Hijeemoto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nunya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still not clear on whether or not the financing rates from the original order dates these rollovers would be applied. This would at least help add to the incentive of sticking around.

I doubt it, because that would make too much sense.
@fordvideoguy said rates won’t apply. Who knows.

2022 pushed behind 2023's

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Emailed back and forth with the sales manager at the dealership my order is through and he says that my hybrid Mav will be built as my22 and that they’re not building any until February 2023?!
Best I can tell you is print out the Ford emails about all of this and to go in person and talk to your dealer (not email, not phone).

Otherwise you should hire a bug exterminator.

Get the one that talks about the most recent roller over of people who had VIN's and the one that talks about how if you have a december (or later) build date your order with be cancelled and moved to MY2023 by Ford (not the dealer) at a bare minimum.

Sponsored

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hmmm. Relying on dealers to correct possible duplicate order numbers? What could possibly go wrong.
My thoughts exactly. Lots of steps that the dealer can miss, skip, or screw up.

JoeTime

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So dealer has to make sure 22 order numbers don't conflict with 23 order numbers when switched, which will happen November 9th, then when switched it'll have a priority code 99, which they have to make sure the options are correct on then get rid of the 99 priority so ford can switch it to a 2, then they will look at it to be scheduled. Meanwhile new orders will continue to be scheduled as normal weekly. This sucks.
I just called my dealer, 11-01-22 and he knows nothing about this Ford memo that came out on Monday. He even asked a co-worker. He still thinks my MY22 is being produced the week of Jan 9th. He said the salesman are last to know. I have to assume the email from Ford goes out to all dealerships and the managers didn't, as of yet. pass it on to the sales people.

Last edited:

Vince30

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Ford Maverick and some motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just called my dealer, 11-01-22 and he knows nothing about this Ford memo that came out on Monday. He even asked a co-worker. He still thinks my MY22 is being produced the week of Jan 9th. He said the salesman are last to know. I have to assume the email from Ford goes out to all dealerships and the managers didn't, as of yet. pass it on to the sales people.
Yeah, no way this can go wrong :LOL:

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It appears that unless the dealer actively goes looking for some of this info from Ford, they don't know what is going on... Most of the dealers i spoke with about putting an order in didn't even know orders were open on 9/15... this process will unfortunately be a disaster.

Godzilla

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, no way this can go wrong :LOL:
Yes I send my salesman an email today and he told me the same thing. I am scheduled for Jan 9. I told him no, that anything scheduled after Nov 30 was canceled. The Jan 9 date was just a placeholder. Told him I wanted to make sure that they did not drop the ball on this. After 13 months this shit ain’t funny anymore. He of course knew nothing of the memo…so I sent it to him.

Sponsored

Vince30

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Ford Maverick and some motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes I send my salesman an email today and he told me the same thing. I am scheduled for Jan 9. I told him no, that anything scheduled after Nov 30 was canceled. The Jan 9 date was just a placeholder. Told him I wanted to make sure that they did not drop the ball on this. After 13 months this shit ain’t funny anymore. He of course knew nothing of the memo…so I sent it to him.
This morning I emailed the sales guy I worked with and haven't heard anything back yet. I'll be stopping in at the end of the week and request seeing the order list of 23s myself so that I know there are no conflicting orders. When 23 orders opened they assured me unfulfilled 22s automatically rolled over, and I had to show him the ford website saying they do not before he believed me. Ford is definitely making this as difficult as they can for us.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While Tim tries to do us right last week he said "all questions answered about rollovers" and then went on to say at a later date. He also said if you get a 2022 VIN you get a 2022 truck. Tim isn't Ford, and often only parrots what he's told. Problem with that is Ford is often not honest.

Case in point Tim is still saying we were cancelled due to constraints, when Ford replaced our build weeks with Fresh MY2023 orders on Hybrid Lariat Lux's.

Well, prior to October's cancellations, if Ford gave a VIN, they produced the vehicle. The situation changed....none of us working at a dealership anticipated scheduled vehicles w/ VINs would be cancelled, but they were.

Constraints are still the issue......They don't have the parts to build those 22 hybrids in Nov.
Are the build-weeks you are talking about the December/January build-weeks? That is past 22 production. They moved the orders to those weeks to facilitate the transition.

I think everybody would agree that Ford should have transitioned these orders before other 23's were scheduled, but they didn't. Ford's #1 goal is to keep the plants as full as possible. They wouldn't delay 23 production for a couple of weeks while they figure this 22-to-23 transition mess out.

Tim Howard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well, prior to October's cancellations, if Ford gave a VIN, they produced the vehicle. The situation changed....none of us working at a dealership anticipated scheduled vehicles w/ VINs would be cancelled, but they were.

Constraints are still the issue......They don't have the parts to build those 22 hybrids in Nov.
Are the build-weeks you are talking about the December/January build-weeks? That is past 22 production. They moved the orders to those weeks to facilitate the transition.

I think everybody would agree that Ford should have transitioned these orders before other 23's were scheduled, but they didn't. Ford's #1 goal is to keep the plants as full as possible. They wouldn't delay 23 production for a couple of weeks while they figure this 22-to-23 transition mess out.
Meanwhile, Ford leaves us hanging in the wind. No word on how they will "Prioritize" our orders (they said they would), no clear idea about when we will get built (if anytime before 2024), and no clear anything that is concrete.

Ford management has lost all respect from me. They keep saying talk to your dealer, most dealers know less than their customers, and some dealers do not care. I am buying a Ford, not a Chevy, so I expect Ford to be upfront with me and not rely on dealers who are at best, inept.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FYI… if you ever want to get fords attention, post a photo of your gas tank leaking, that seems to work.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Meanwhile, Ford leaves us hanging in the wind. No word on how they will "Prioritize" our orders (they said they would), no clear idea about when we will get built (if anytime before 2024), and no clear anything that is concrete.

Ford management has lost all respect from me. They keep saying talk to your dealer, most dealers know less than their customers, and some dealers do not care. I am buying a Ford, not a Chevy, so I expect Ford to be upfront with me and not rely on dealers who are at best, inept.
Based on the memo, after the dealer changes the priority from 99 and resubmits, Ford should be changing the priority number to 02.
You're right, no one at Ford or any dealer really has any idea when the vast majority of 23s will be built.
Sponsored