Not Taking Delivery

AZMauzy

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nissian Frontier Pro 4X
The waiting and the moving of my build date several times has convinced me to move on and not take delivery of my Maverick whenever it arrives. Understanding the current supply issue but disappointed on how Ford hasn't been transparent about the delays.

The "new car feel" has worn off for me. I really like the truck and will maybe look at it again in a few years. I'm sure that many of you feel the same. All the best my Maverick friends.
Sponsored

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you end up buying something else?

ThrowbacK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The waiting and the moving of my build date several times has convinced me to move on and not take delivery of my Maverick whenever it arrives. Understanding the current supply issue but disappointed on how Ford hasn't been transparent about the delays.

The "new car feel" has worn off for me. I really like the truck and will maybe look at it again in a few years. I'm sure that many of you feel the same. All the best my Maverick friends.
If yours comes in before mine I'll be happy to take it off your hands..

Sponsored

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Seems like buyer's remorse more than Ford not being "transparent" with you. You would have moved on from your 22k mile car if Ford was more "transparent" with you, whatever that transparency entails?

Wilky4258

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Dodge Challenger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems like he/she does not want to wait any longer. 6 month waits or longer whether you have an additional vehicle or not is still quite intolerable to most people.

OP
OP

AZMauzy

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nissian Frontier Pro 4X
Seems like buyer's remorse more than Ford not being "transparent" with you. You would have moved on from your 22k mile car if Ford was more "transparent" with you, whatever that transparency entails?
How do you read "buyers remorse" into my statement? I'll wait until Ford gets their shit together in a few years and maybe try again. My decision defiantly wasn't about remorse! Troll somewhere else. Didn't ask for your criticism/feedback, I was simply stating why I was not taking delivery.

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
How do you read "buyers remorse" into my statement? I'll wait until Ford gets their shit together in a few years and maybe try again. My decision defiantly wasn't about remorse! Troll somewhere else. Didn't ask for your criticism/feedback, I was simply stating why I was not taking delivery.
When you post something publicly on an internet message forum, you are asking for feedback.

What is transparency? What exactly does Ford need to be transparent about? You didn't buy anything else so what problem was there with waiting? In case you haven't noticed, there is a supply chain shortage and no auto manufacturer has their "shit" together.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FYI can't confirm it's true but it was reported Nissan is closing it's doors in the US. If you are going to hold on to your current vehicle you might want to look into spare parts and service if you have an extended warranty..

Sponsored

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Haven’t Mavericks only been being built since early September? 10 week wait so far not to long. These are automobiles and they have a ton of orders. Lots of Santa Cruzs on the lots 🤷‍♂️

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FYI can't confirm it's true but it was reported Nissan is closing it's doors in the US.
So... is this a real rumor? Or just a rumor about a rumor? :sneaky:

Seriously... that's a pretty interesting assertion. Have you seen anything to support it?

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So... is this a real rumor? Or just a rumor about a rumor? :sneaky:

Seriously... that's a pretty interesting assertion. Have you seen anything to support it?
If it's on the internet, it must be true.

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Man, do yourself a favor………..
Keep the Nissan, if that’s your wish. Don’t say ANYTHING to the Ford dealer. When the Mav comes, THEN make your decision. Worst case scenario, you take delivery of the Mav, sell it immediately at a profit. Or sell or trade in the Nissan, perhaps for more than you paid for it.
Don’t cut off your nose to spite your face.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Man, do yourself a favor………..
Keep the Nissan, if that’s your wish. Don’t say ANYTHING to the Ford dealer. When the Mav comes, THEN make your decision. Worst case scenario, you take delivery of the Mav, sell it immediately at a profit. Or sell or trade in the Nissan, perhaps for more than you paid for it.
Don’t cut off your nose to spite your face.
Agree, New vehicles are the lowest they will ever be right now. I am getting a Maverick and a truck to tow with. The new Ranger looks great, but that is almost a year away. If a person has a Maverick coming, by all means flip it if you don't want.
Sponsored