First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xlt hybrid and 2008 mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got my Maverick XLT after 13 month wait. I was informed Sirius XM not available on XLT. BUMMER. I like Sirius.
Sponsored

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can stream it from your phone if you have a subscription, easy peasy.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lariat lux w/ Sync 3 is the only Mav model that has Sirius/XM native.

oskio

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Fusion SE, 21 Honda Pilot Special Edition
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tried Sirius years ago and the sound quality was not great. I use Spotify now and love it. I sync a handful of playlists and podcasts and the sound quality is fantastic.

I'm curious, for those of you who do use Sirius, why? Honest curiosity...maybe it is worth taking another look at in the future.

Alkaiser702

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tried Sirius years ago and the sound quality was not great. I use Spotify now and love it. I sync a handful of playlists and podcasts and the sound quality is fantastic.

I'm curious, for those of you who do use Sirius, why? Honest curiosity...maybe it is worth taking another look at in the future.
My wife and I use Sirius in her car, specifically the Octane channel. We like it a lot because while it is repetitive a decent amount of the time (one of my peeves about older genres that don't change anymore like Classic Rock), we get exposure to new bands and songs frequently. Spotify's "radio" option almost never hits the mark and limits the associated songs to maybe 30, then the playlist starts over.
Then again, it's all up to preference and opinion. We don't think it's worth $15/mo but every time her "promo" expires, we call to try to cancel then receive another 6 months at $6/mo. That price point is much more palatable.

Sponsored

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

They'll get you a year long subscription for 75-80 bucks (I forget the exact $ amount). Possibly it's even less. You just tell them you want to cancel and they bend over backwards to get you a decent deal. I personally like it. Not having to have phone connected in any way and getting a decent variety of channels is worth it for the longer road trips. Plus I don't have to worry about the signal crapping out. I like to just keep my phone in my pocket or at least untethered unless I need it for navigation. Plus radio without ads is great. The only thing I'll occasionally stream from phone to car is BBC Radio1. Again, no ads.

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I liked it during the free trial period. I'm a deadhead so had it tuned to the grateful dead channel pretty much all the time. But it's just not worth paying for with Spotify available (even putting up with the ads). Wireless Android Auto makes for a seamless Spotify experience

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I bought SiriusXM before it was SiriusXM, just Sirius, after a year or two, I bought the now non-existent “LIFETIME” subscription. I use it everyday… old music and very old radio shows like Gunsmoke, Johnny Dollar, the Green Hornet and Sherlock Holmes. it makes driving really enjoyable. It’s now on my at least 8th new vehicle.

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use my free Sirius trials to grab music I like via Shazam, then add the songs to my Spotify playlist. When the free trial ends, I still have the songs I like in Spotify. But Sirius can come in handy for channels other than music (Fox,MLB,CNN,etc) that would use data if you used your phone..imo

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I use my free Sirius trials to grab music I like via Shazam, then add the songs to my Spotify playlist. When the free trial ends, I still have the songs I like in Spotify. But Sirius can come in handy for channels other than music (Fox,MLB,CNN,etc) that would use data if you used your phone..imo
I use it at home as well, and as for my cell, unlimited text talk and data has me listening everywhere.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can stream it from your phone if you have a subscription, easy peasy.
But trucks tend to be enjoyed by people who live in areas with poorer cell coverage. Which is what makes Sirius attractive.

mcgarveyjb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT W/Lux and spray in
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sirius sounds great from android auto, much better than the stock FM radio which is a little tinny, that doesn't translate to the sirius app.

oskio

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Fusion SE, 21 Honda Pilot Special Edition
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
But trucks tend to be enjoyed by people who live in areas with poorer cell coverage. Which is what makes Sirius attractive.
I agree with that and satellite radio has its niche, but via Spotify whenever I'm on wifi my phone pulls down new podcasts and updates the playlists...which is days worth of listening.

If the Sirius app on the phone has better audio quality than the satellite, which sounds like it does, that might be worth considering if it also caches the content so you don't need a phone signal.

Interested and worth a test...just happy to not be ripping and burning CDs anymore...:)

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought SiriusXM before it was SiriusXM, just Sirius, after a year or two, I bought the now non-existent “LIFETIME” subscription. I use it everyday… old music and very old radio shows like Gunsmoke, Johnny Dollar, the Green Hornet and Sherlock Holmes. it makes driving really enjoyable. It’s now on my at least 8th new vehicle.
I had xm before there even was Sirius. Old guy here Deep Tracks. My Mav will have it but not sure I will sign up. Wife has it I should call.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My wife and I use Sirius in her car, specifically the Octane channel. We like it a lot because while it is repetitive a decent amount of the time (one of my peeves about older genres that don't change anymore like Classic Rock), we get exposure to new bands and songs frequently. Spotify's "radio" option almost never hits the mark and limits the associated songs to maybe 30, then the playlist starts over.
Then again, it's all up to preference and opinion. We don't think it's worth $15/mo but every time her "promo" expires, we call to try to cancel then receive another 6 months at $6/mo. That price point is much more palatable.
I do the exact same thing. They don't even argue anymore, they just give to me
Sponsored