Sponsored

No ECO or Sport mode on XLT FX4 2.0L EB.... closest mode to replicate?

TacoTanium

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey everyone, I think most people know there's no ECO for Sport mode in the FX4 package.

Why and are we getting all the 250 hp and 277 ft∙lb torgue in Normal mode?

What mode is best closest to Sport? I noticed Tow/Haul mode shift 0.5-1k rpm later than normal mode.

Like-wise what's the closest mode to ECO?
Sponsored

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've seen some people report slight MPG increases in Slippery mode so that might compare to Eco but the manual also advises it could lead to driveline binding if used on dry roads.

Sport and Eco can be added to FX4 in ~15 min with ForScan and if you're interested you'll find plenty of guides here and videos on YouTube. I have had them on mine for 2+ years. The MPG impact of Eco mode seems minimal to me and really just makes it drive more sluggish. Sport mode is really fun but not something I drive in a ton.

The-X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Slick does sound like it'd be the most likely option because it'll likely soften throttle response to avoid spin-out.

Otherwise the old fashioned eco-mode of "bein real careful" still works

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Add them in Forsan!

It's worth doing.

Not a fan of eco mode myself, and rarely use sport mode - but I have em. I also use slippery mode a lot, and it takes a bit more throttle similar to eco mode... Er, saves gas I mean... I've always opted for normal mode and got better results on the roads where I live. As others said, do t use slippery unless it's slippery. It's made for light snow and ice.

BlueRaven

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mav, 01 CRV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
step 1, use search function.

step 2, add those modes in with forscan.

step 3, enjoy zero change or worse mpg with eco mode. a brick is only so aero dynamic.

Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You will only realize max HP/TQ if running 91/93 gas, regardless of drive mode.

Judicious application of your brain & right foot in harmony will out-eco eco mode every time. And tow/haul is a nice "sport light" mode.

Or adopt forscan as already suggested.

Scottprinz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've own two, 22 and 24 with fx4 and tow. I installed a pedal commander in mine. Bought it from dealer and it's plug and play with a app.
Put it in sport mode the truck flies!! I run city and it's alot of fun to drive. Takes lag out of the pedal the manufacturer has programmed in.

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've seen some people report slight MPG increases in Slippery mode so that might compare to Eco but the manual also advises it could lead to driveline binding if used on dry roads.

Sport and Eco can be added to FX4 in ~15 min with ForScan and if you're interested you'll find plenty of guides here and videos on YouTube. I have had them on mine for 2+ years. The MPG impact of Eco mode seems minimal to me and really just makes it drive more sluggish. Sport mode is really fun but not something I drive in a ton.
There must be a reason ford didn't add it if its just a simple software update, do you really need it.

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There must be a reason ford didn't add it if its just a simple software update, do you really need it.
"Add' probably isn't the right word for me to have used since you really are not adding anything. The modes are already there in the software, just disabled. Someone @ Ford probably did some study that said it was better to only give people 5 drive mode options instead of 7 so they just disable a couple in the system depending on packaging.
Sponsored