Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Tossing beer cans and stuff.

For real I wish it was a normal back window slider. I know the latches always used to break but it was soo much bigger and usable when it was full height. These tiny ones are kind of lame. I got one so we could talk to and feed our dogs treats while on the go. They will be in a topper in the bed.
Sponsored

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sadly itā€™s most often used to pass jumper cable to the hybrid 12v battery. Electric windows canā€™t be lowered without working 12v.

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sometimes we do things because we've always done things. There is technically no reason for a physical gear shifter nowadays but a lot of people still like to have one.
Beg to disagree on "There is technically no reason for a physical gear shifter nowadays" .. to me the reason for a gear shifter (and perhaps more so a stick shift) is a safety reason. Through many years of driving, I'm now trained when under stressful conditions - such as a three point u-turn at a busy intersection - to have my head on a swivel while my hand is in the gear shifter and I maneuver through the traffic around me with my eyes fully occupied on scanning and evaluating circumstances all around me. This is nearly impossible to do with a "dial shifter" OR a "push shifter" where you either have to look down or reach down in a least ergonomic fashion or a combination of both to effect a corrective maneuver - you literally have to feel your way through it. I have heard the argument of physical gear shifters being involuntarily bumped and causing mishaps because of it, to me, that's just owner/ operator carelessnes. I'll take a gear shifter over a dial shifter any day.

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If your a windows up person, you probably donā€™t need it. Youā€™ll probably hate it if you never open your windows and Iā€™m talking all the way open, not just people that drive with them partially cracked for 5 seconds to let heat out. In my truck if a small vehicle maintains the right distance behind me, the frame for the sliding window completely blocks them out of sight in the rear view mirror so it can impact rear visibility noticeably and thatā€™s still with a Broadway clip on wide view mirror too.

If you have a sunroof...you need it. The buffeting with the windows down and sunroof open is considerable and unpleasant without the rear slider window open. With that rear slider window open, itā€™s bliss at least below 60mph from my experience. I enjoy cruising around with the windows open/sunroof open and find the Maverick comfortable at in town/rural suburban speeds like this. The hassle of the rear window is 100% worth it for this and plus, it helps keep the heat down in the cab as well in the summer I found leaving it open but the other windows shut when running errands.

Sponsored

Crance

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Beg to disagree on "There is technically no reason for a physical gear shifter nowadays" .. to me the reason for a gear shifter (and perhaps more so a stick shift) is a safety reason. Through many years of driving, I'm now trained when under stressful conditions - such as a three point u-turn at a busy intersection - to have my head on a swivel while my hand is in the gear shifter and I maneuver through the traffic around me with my eyes fully occupied on scanning and evaluating circumstances all around me. This is nearly impossible to do with a "dial shifter" OR a "push shifter" where you either have to look down or reach down in a least ergonomic fashion or a combination of both to effect a corrective maneuver - you literally have to feel your way through it. I have heard the argument of physical gear shifters being involuntarily bumped and causing mishaps because of it, to me, that's just owner/ operator carelessnes. I'll take a gear shifter over a dial shifter any day.
safe to assume you would also stand at the front of the line for a manual maverick? I would without even thinking twice

OP
OP

UrbanDweller

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick, '05 Lexus ES330
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sometimes we do things because we've always done things.
This occurred to me after my initial posts. Could simply be a holdover from back in the day when trucks didn't have all these fancy options like air conditioning.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This occurred to me after my initial posts. Could simply be a holdover from back in the day when trucks didn't have all these fancy options like air conditioning.
Yep. I mean, why do windows roll down at all? The drive-through businesses prefer it, but if you have a vehicle with climate control, there is no practical reason. Sometimes, the reason isn't practical. It just works.

A_Turkey_Sammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Engine
Undecided
Ventilation, or should I say more comfortable ventilation. Not only does it take care of buffeting with window(s) down, it also evens out the airflow (for lack of better description) blasting thru the open windows. For example instead of all the wind blasting in at highway speed, it feels about that same as if you were putting around at half the speed if that makes sense to you.

MauldinMaverick99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
3. It's GREAT for filling up the cab with dirt and leaves from the bed, as the wind from driving will circle back around and blow everything lightweight and loose back into the cab. So, if you have leaves in your bad, leave the window up.
[/QUOTE]
Love having a rear window, but man this happens all the time.

Sponsored
OP
OP

UrbanDweller

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick, '05 Lexus ES330
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ventilation, or should I say more comfortable ventilation. Not only does it take care of buffeting with window(s) down, it also evens out the airflow (for lack of better description) blasting thru the open windows. For example instead of all the wind blasting in at highway speed, it feels about that same as if you were putting around at half the speed if that makes sense to you.
Yes that makes sense, but wouldn't it also make the same sense to put them in sedans?

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
safe to assume you would also stand at the front of the line for a manual maverick? I would without even thinking twice
I'd be right in front of you ...

csmacomber

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, Soon(?) Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty much the only reason I ever use it is for the times I do want to drive with my windows down. Without it, I can't stand the buffeting. Beyond that, there is 0 reason in my world for it.

Crance

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd be right in front of you ...
i sold my ā€˜08 manual F-150 XL a couple months ago and will be doing the same with my manual Nissan Versa. Gunna be weird having an automatic with a rotary shift at that. Cruise control will be nice to have though šŸ˜‚

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm curious why you would want a sliding window in the back glass. I know that back in my younger days they were used to talk to the people riding in the bed, but what are they used for today?
C'mon man! Everyone knows it's so you can run the hose from your keg into the cab ;)
Sponsored