First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, FZ-1
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello everyone. I ordered an XL 2.0 FWD blue with a sunroof the week before Ford stopped taking orders and got a confirmation email at the end of January. I have never owned an AWD vehicle and typically roll my eyes when someone claims they need AWD to get through a little snow. That said I was considering adding AWD and possibly the 4K package to my build and have a few questions first.

1. Can I change my build now? The window for orders has closed and searching these forums has not shown anyone changing an order recently since Ford stopped taking orders.

2. How does the independent suspension ride versus the twist beam axle? I had an old Jetta and while not terrible the rear twist beam axle especially over uneven terrain was easily the worst part about the suspension.

3. What is the fuel economy difference between FWD, AWD, and 4K? Are there any additional maintenance items beside changing the differential lubricant? The specs say the 4K transmission gears are 5% lower than standard and want to know if there is a consensus on whether real world difference between the three packages is 1 MPG per the EPA, much more, or negligible.

Thank you for answering
Sponsored

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I dont think you can add AWD right now, check with your dealer. You may get converted to a 23 and you should be able to change most any option at that point. The mpg diff would be around 1 mpg for AWD and maybe another 0.5-1 mpg for 4k gearing, I would consider it pretty insignificant.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can't change if it's a hybrid vs eco or which model xlt, xl, lariat. I think you can still drop packages. It's said to ride well. There are threads about fuel economy but adding AWD/4k will impact your MPG, but there might not be enough data to say how much.

Powered-by-Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2007 Mustang GT 2015 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do not have a build week yet, but was able to switch my order from a Hot Pepper XLT AWD 360 to a Gray XL AWD 360 just yesterday, maintaining the 10 priority. The order "was accepted" by Ford according to my salesman. Ford marketing confirmed the order today... "Priority is based on parts availability, priority code, and allocation". (according to my salesman)

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do not have a build week yet, but was able to switch my order from a Hot Pepper XLT AWD 360 to a Gray XL AWD 360 just yesterday, maintaining the 10 priority. The order "was accepted" by Ford according to my salesman. Ford marketing confirmed the order today... "Priority is based on parts availability, priority code, and allocation". (according to my salesman)
Don't flame me, but Tim Bartz (@fordvideoguy) has reported when you change trim level, you change order date. You may have inadvertently moved to the back of the line.
Sponsored