First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had mine for exactly a week. Got the tint done today and now it's exactly as I wanted it. Glow isn't wearing off at all. I'm still getting a feel for the hybrid drivertrain and the size of the Mav when it comes to parking it but as of this moment, no regrets at all!
Sponsored

lmellberg

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick/Carbonized Gray/Ordered 8/26/21
I try to take care of my cars but eventually they all get nicks and scratches. But I've never owned a collector vehicle and by the time I am done with them sell them for whatever I can get, usually around $2K. I imagine the Maverick will be the same.

Which brings me to my main point here. I'm getting the Maverick mostly to haul my mountain bike around. I plan on getting the tailgate skirt and just put the front wheel over the tailgate. People say it will scratch it up. But will I care in 5 years? Can't be too hard to have it repainted either right?
Check this out for your bike: https://accessories.ford.com/products/yakima-tailgate-bike-carrier-for-5-bikes-1

AMCJeepMJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One too many
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I donā€™t buy nice things often. The novelty doesnā€™t wear thin for me for a very long time. I still smile at 42 MPG on my Prius. Bought the car specifically for gas mileage. I... The Maverick will be even better with the fact I can pay cash šŸ’° and keep almost the same MPG as my Prius gets. Top it off with being able to take a kayak to the lake, do Lowes trips without wrecking my car, and so many more Awesome things.
Hold on to the Prius until the head gasket goes due to the EGR being clogged (not uncommon on 2010s and 2011s). My record is 88.3 mpg on a 16 mile almost level surface highway run in my '15 three.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hold on to the Prius until the head gasket goes due to the EGR being clogged (not uncommon on 2010s and 2011s). My record is 88.3 mpg on a 16 mile almost level surface highway run in my '15 three.
I replaced the EGR last year. Iā€™m burning 1qt of oil every thousand miles. I can get $8-9k for it so Iā€™m selling it when my Maverick comes in. My mileage keeps dropping no matter how I hyper mile it. My record was 57 when I got it (used)

edit- I only paid $10,500 for it almost 7 years ago šŸ˜Ž

Last edited:

northerncole

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FX4 Tow Package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Still loving mine. Running a blacksmith forge out of the back and shoeing horses so it's a working truck full of mud and horse hair this time of year but no scratches or dents. New car smell has definitely gone though.

Sponsored

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agreed. My 2007 mustang GT. No food or drinks in it except water. My kids are not allowed to touch it. Actually though, my son and I took a 4,000 mile road trip in it. He was 9 at the time. A portable DVD player helped. He wants to road trip in the maverick when I get it.

20190730_075018.jpg

20190720_154835.jpg

20190720_205322.jpg

20190802_112104.jpg

20190717_211214.jpg
My kids love it, but my 17 year old doesnā€™t understand why I wonā€™t let him drive a 435 hp convertible to school. I want him back alive!

Ford Maverick New Vehicle Glow Wears off Fast. B7E4B3AB-D8C7-4533-AB1D-53E8681E23A3

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My kids love it, but my 17 year old doesnā€™t understand why I wonā€™t let him drive a 435 hp convertible to school. I want him back alive!

B7E4B3AB-D8C7-4533-AB1D-53E8681E23A3.jpeg
My oldest daughter thought I was gonna give her my GT šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£. It's got a bunch of hot roddy shit i have done to it. So I take my wife out to dinner one night, i didnt say a word, but we hop onto i-20 and drop it down a gear, hammer down, and let her rip. She hit 140 mph at the top of 4th gear. It scared the absolute shit out of my wife. Then I backed it down to about 75 mph, set the cruise control, and we continued down the highway to go to dinner. She just thought it was a nice cute car for a girl. Ya, maybe an automatic LX V6. I told her this isnt a vehicle you give a kid. I told her giving this thing to a teenager is the equivalent of giving a loaded pistol to a toddler to play with. The question was never brought up again.

Last edited:

JEMiculka

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid, 22 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still smile and loving my 2013 Ford Focus ST. Set Spotify to the Star Wars soundtrack and down the highway I go, still smiling

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My oldest daughter thought I was gonna give her my GT šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£. It's got a bunch of hot roddy shit i have done to it. So I take my wife out to dinner one night, i didnt say a word, but we hop onto i-20 and drop it down a gear, hammer down, and let her rip. She hit 140 mph at the top of 4th gear. It scared the absolute shit out of my wife. Then I backed it down to about 75 mph, set the cruise control, and we continued down the highway to go to dinner. She just thought it was a nice cute car for a girl. Ya, maybe an automatic LX V6. I told her this isnt a vehicle you give a kid. I told her giving this thing to a teenager is the equivalent of giving a loaded pistol to a toddler to play with. The question was never brought up again.
My father was a Chrysler engineer, and we got 2 company lease cars each year. He had the pick of a 426 4 speed Sport Fury, or Dart 4 speed slant 6. He picked the Dart. Cruising Woodward every night, I got in enough trouble with the 6 banger Dart. If I were driving the 426, who knows how long I would have lived. Even the Dart was great fun on Woodward, though. Lived on that street every night. One glorious night, I got the keys to one of the Turbine cars for a couple hours. Oh, momma! Not fast, but a 16 year old cruising the drive-ins on Woodward in a Turbine car. Wahooo!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.