Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The newest version freezes the least in my experience. You will see hitches here and there, but, I've only had to do a soft reset maybe 3-4 times since the update.

It does make Android Auto way more stable by reducing the amount of times you need to unplug and replug your phone.
Pretty much the consensus Iā€™ve gotten through reading through the forums is that the 2.0 software ended up fixing a good amount of things for quite a few people
Sponsored

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Still havenā€™t been able to update my radios software and dealer was no help, i try to connect to my wifi with the closest I can get to it (which is about 100 feet away) and the connection it does get is just not strong enough I guess, it drops the connection every few minutes and then just refuses to connect for the next few minutes after. Also noticed the systems date is out of whack even more so more than when I got it with the system stating the date as being the 27th of December as of today, being as Iā€™m a computer technician by trade I know that most networks donā€™t like the systems that are connecting to them to be off by any amount and try as I might, I find no mention in the owners manual nor in the systems clock setting to adjust this setting. Only other thing I can think of at this point is to find public wifi with a stronger signal and hopefully be able to update the system that way. Anyone ever find a way to update the system manually through a USB flash drive or something of that kind?

DanMav1701

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Equinox
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still havenā€™t been able to update my radios software and dealer was no help, i try to connect to my wifi with the closest I can get to it (which is about 100 feet away) and the connection it does get is just not strong enough I guess, it drops the connection every few minutes and then just refuses to connect for the next few minutes after. Also noticed the systems date is out of whack even more so more than when I got it with the system stating the date as being the 27th of December as of today, being as Iā€™m a computer technician by trade I know that most networks donā€™t like the systems that are connecting to them to be off by any amount and try as I might, I find no mention in the owners manual nor in the systems clock setting to adjust this setting. Only other thing I can think of at this point is to find public wifi with a stronger signal and hopefully be able to update the system that way. Anyone ever find a way to update the system manually through a USB flash drive or something of that kind?
When you log into your account on the ford site, then go to the Vehicle Dashboard, it will show notification for the available update and you can choose to update via WiFi USB or dealer. The USB option allows you to download the zip file and extract to a USB drive, that's how I updated mine. It will give you instruction for it on the site as well. Actually just logged in and have another update, likely for the touchy brakes.

FordDiehard

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you live near a Barnes & Noble, they normally have a strong signal. When my power goes out at home, I often take my laptop and park right outside and connect to their Wi-Fi.

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When you log into your account on the ford site, then go to the Vehicle Dashboard, it will show notification for the available update and you can choose to update via WiFi USB or dealer. The USB option allows you to download the zip file and extract to a USB drive, that's how I updated mine. It will give you instruction for it on the site as well. Actually just logged in and have another update, likely for the touchy brakes.
Thanks, but this is the non sync 3 system Iā€™m talking about, we donā€™t get the fancy manual update option like you guys do it seemsā€¦. At least I havenā€™t heard of anybody being able to do that yet lol

Sponsored

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you.... I hobbled it together myself. I bought a cheap "useless switch" from Amazon, took it apart and made it useful. šŸ˜‰

OMG!!! That is hilarious šŸ¤£

DanMav1701

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Equinox
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, but this is the non sync 3 system Iā€™m talking about, we donā€™t get the fancy manual update option like you guys do it seemsā€¦. At least I havenā€™t heard of anybody being able to do that yet lol
Ah, sorry. Not sure if it can be updated the same way.

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you live near a Barnes & Noble, they normally have a strong signal. When my power goes out at home, I often take my laptop and park right outside and connect to their Wi-Fi.
Thanks, doesnt Barnes and noble usually have some confirmation screen that pops up when you connect to their wifi though for you to consent to the use of their wifi? Not sure how the maverick would handle that, but itā€™s worth a shot

FordDiehard

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks, doesnt Barnes and noble usually have some confirmation screen that pops up when you connect to their wifi though for you to consent to the use of their wifi? Not sure how the maverick would handle that, but itā€™s worth a shot
I don't remember, but you may be right.

Sagara

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Maverick infotainment system Sync Lite is a bitch to update and connect to a network. Though, it seems the dealership should be able to update the ACM (SYNC Lite only) via Ford Diagnosis and Repair System Tool (FDRS), at least according to their TSBs. Not confirmed.

First time I tried using Mobile Hotspot to update it, it wouldn't connect to the SSID as I had a "space" in the network name. It would consistently fail to connect or say the password was wrong. That took 10-15 mins of head scratching.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thx for the tip - I see that their is a Sync 3 update and while looking at the directions they say to leave the truck running and the update will take 60 minutes. Seriously ?

DanMav1701

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Equinox
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thx for the tip - I see that their is a Sync 3 update and while looking at the directions they say to leave the truck running and the update will take 60 minutes. Seriously ?
It does not take that long. More like 15.

DanMav1701

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Equinox
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

AnnieWaits

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the current software and still experience some of the conditions described in the TSB... BT audio streaming doesn't connect, audio defaults back to FM despite previously streaming via BT, CarPlay doesn't connect, etc. Ford should pay us for being beta testers!
Sponsored