Sponsored

New Maverick Owner Looking Recommendations...

MRobinet

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a build date scheduled for September 12th week after 12 months of waiting (I realize I'm one of the lucky ones). I ordered an XLT Hybrid with the Luxury Package and realized that I didn't have a tonneau cover ordered as I was focused on just getting a VIN. Does anyone have a recommendation for a tonneau cover under 1K??

I'm looking to get into overland camping (bed rack and rooftop tent) as well and looking for recs on these as well that fit well with our Mavericks!
Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Crazyal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FE, Lariat, Lux, 4K, 2022 Ford Edge ST
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Access Cover - Lomax

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like my ExTang Tri-fecta 2.0. It's a soft folding one. I wasn't a fan of Tonneau covers until I got one. I got it at tonneaucoversworld for about $400.

coherent

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, F250 Superduty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the same question. My XLT is build and I'm waiting for an expected delivery date. Price isn't an issue but want a hard cover. Is the Ford hard folding the best option or is there something better available aftermarket. Something flush that offers water protection preferred, and secure if the tailgate is locked? Thanks for any input.

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a build date scheduled for September 12th week after 12 months of waiting (I realize I'm one of the lucky ones). I ordered an XLT Hybrid with the Luxury Package and realized that I didn't have a tonneau cover ordered as I was focused on just getting a VIN. Does anyone have a recommendation for a tonneau cover under 1K??

I'm looking to get into overland camping (bed rack and rooftop tent) as well and looking for recs on these as well that fit well with our Mavericks!
Thanks in advance!
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/installed-gator-soft-tri-fold-cover.17054/

Best deal around if you're not looking for a hard cover.

Sponsored

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the soft trifold and had one on my last 3 trucks. Got a Gator for less than $300.
Check out truck/tonneau world online

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the same question. My XLT is build and I'm waiting for an expected delivery date. Price isn't an issue but want a hard cover. Is the Ford hard folding the best option or is there something better available aftermarket. Something flush that offers water protection preferred, and secure if the tailgate is locked? Thanks for any input.
I'm sure there are those who will disagree, but in my opinion, Ford's hard tri-fold is pretty nice. Pretty good at keeping the bed dry, and yes, with the tailgate locked it's secure. I've got it on my XLT with the drop-in bedliner.

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm sure there are those who will disagree, but in my opinion, Ford's hard tri-fold is pretty nice. Pretty good at keeping the bed dry, and yes, with the tailgate locked it's secure. I've got it on my XLT with the drop-in bedliner.
Was your hard trifold dealer installed or did you do it yourself.. mine is dealer installed and water gets in on all for corners when it rains or through car wash

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was your hard trifold dealer installed or did you do it yourself.. mine is dealer installed and water gets in on all for corners when it rains or through car wash
Dealer installed. Had some water intrusion after a car wash, but it was pretty minor. I got it washed the other day and forgot to check it. But there really wasn't much.

Sponsored

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I went with the Ford hard roll up tonneau cover. It's very secure and strong. Very rigid when it is rolled down.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Thanks in advance!
You can use yor rewards from your purchase of your $210.00 and check with yur salesman and see if you van use their employee discount and use it to get the Ford hard rollup cover. They're $1150 from ford but with all the plays as described above I got mine for $700.00

Euby

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The cheapo gator has been a disappointment for me. It's good enough to keep things from getting soaked, but the seals at the joints roll into themselves and it doesn't seal great.

One thing to keep in mind is if you ever think you'll need a rack. Certain covers work with racks - I know the gator doesn't. I really want a ladder rack now but I can't stomach rebuying a cover.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost