Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Last night, I got a call from one of the many dealers I've contacted about buying a Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux over the past "who knows how long..." They had a First Edition Hybrid in Area 51 that just became available. Was I interested? Long story short, it's now sitting in my garage.

Turns out this one had been sitting on their storage lot for a while, because of the airbag recall. The person who placed the order had given up and no longer wanted it. So apparently, they finally got the parts in to resolve the issue that forced the recall, and I was the first call they made. Ten minutes after I put down the deposit (over the phone) someone was at the dealership, wanting to buy it. Too late! Ha!

I'M A MAVERICK OWNER! And for the "pictures or it didn't happen crowd:
Ford Maverick New Maverick owner! IMG_1790

Ford Maverick New Maverick owner! IMG_1791

Ford Maverick New Maverick owner! IMG_1792

Now you can see why any truck larger than the Maverick simply would NOT have fit in this garage.

PS - I'm loving the Maverick! Drives really nice. ACC is a bit aggressive on braking – seems like it waits too late to start slowing - especially when you're coming up on cars already stopped at a light. And yes, I have it set for the longest following distance. I'm sure I'll get used to that aspect. My wife was totally impressed with the acceleration (in "normal" mode, no less) when we were getting onto the freeway. More when I've spent more time with it, but so far, no complaints, and LOTS of likes / loves!
Sponsored

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's a short garage. I would be worried about parking and you can't get to the other side without opening the overhead door. damn

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's a short garage. I would be worried about parking and you can't get to the other side without opening the overhead door. damn

It's a pickup, just jump over the bed. ;)

Technically you could either climb through the back seat of the Maverick (easily) or the front. Probably easier to just open the overhead door, though...

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yep, that’s a tight fit.

But as someone who had two Subarus rust out their frames and die before their time because we had to park outside on a gravel drive alll year long … any garage is better than none!

(We’ve since been able to build a garage and space awaits our MY23 Mav XLT … Arriving in about a month, we hope.)

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last night, I got a call from one of the many dealers I've contacted about buying a Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux over the past "who knows how long..." They had a First Edition Hybrid in Area 51 that just became available. Was I interested? Long story short, it's now sitting in my garage.

Turns out this one had been sitting on their storage lot for a while, because of the airbag recall. The person who placed the order had given up and no longer wanted it. So apparently, they finally got the parts in to resolve the issue that forced the recall, and I was the first call they made. Ten minutes after I put down the deposit (over the phone) someone was at the dealership, wanting to buy it. Too late! Ha!

I'M A MAVERICK OWNER! And for the "pictures or it didn't happen crowd:
IMG_1790.jpeg

IMG_1791.jpeg

IMG_1792.jpeg

Now you can see why any truck larger than the Maverick simply would NOT have fit in this garage.

PS - I'm loving the Maverick! Drives really nice. ACC is a bit aggressive on braking – seems like it waits too late to start slowing - especially when you're coming up on cars already stopped at a light. And yes, I have it set for the longest following distance. I'm sure I'll get used to that aspect. My wife was totally impressed with the acceleration (in "normal" mode, no less) when we were getting onto the freeway. More when I've spent more time with it, but so far, no complaints, and LOTS of likes / loves!
One of the last 1st Editions built! I got mine a few weeks ago. Enjoy!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
JimParker256

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I didn't take pictures of the other side, but there isn't really room to open the doors on the other side - at least not far enough to get THIS body out through the small gap it would allow. But it's no biggie to open the overhead door and walk around.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats and Happy Mavericking!!

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

How do we know that is really pictures of YOUR Maverick FE A51????

Just kidding, congratulations on your new ride!

OP
OP
JimParker256

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

How do we know that is really pictures of YOUR Maverick FE A51????

Just kidding, congratulations on your new ride!
Well, who would be dumb enough to let me park their Maverick in that tight space?

But it IS an "Area 51" Maverick, so maybe it's not even really there? (I keep opening the garage door to see if it's really there, or if it was just a really good dream...)

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The color will grow on you (I know mine did)These are cool trucks! I know it has been said many times, but this thing just checks all the right boxes!

OP
OP
JimParker256

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yep, Area 51 is one of the few colors my wife I both had in our "top 3".

Mine are 1) Cyber Orange, 2) Hot Pepper Red, and 3) Area 51.

Hers are 1) Cactus Gray, 2) Area 51, and 3) White.

So it's a good fallback color in case one (or both) of our '23 orders don't come through.
Sponsored