Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The big talk of the thread is no it does not. And no one has been able to adequately explain why a 4k tow will; and not the others.

Theories; but no definitive answer. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Sounds like we still have a navigation problem.
Sponsored

Hyperbole

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Our team here at Diode Dynamics gathers on Friday to have a large meeting to discuss improvement and customer feedback.

I noted on 1/19 to consider offering a fog light solution for the FX4.

This isn't a confirmation that anything will come down the pipeline but it's a push for the engineering team to consider.
I just got my SS3 pods installed last weekend with JJC's bezels, if you guys come out with an FX4 fog light option that looks as good I'm going to have so much heartburn.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got my SS3 pods installed last weekend with JJC's bezels, if you guys come out with an FX4 fog light option that looks as good I'm going to have so much heartburn.
No confirmed plans here at Diode Dynamics by our engineering team.

Even if it ends up being a pursued project in the future, all products require quick a bit of research and development before being released.

Please for any users expecting a product from our team soon, it's not on the board to be available and JJC is the top pick for the Maverick community.

Thank you!

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Would you be selling the installation kit separately? I have DD SS3’s already installed on my truck but your install is much nicer looking
Also is there a possibility of an SS3 option?
I canabalized my old F150 kit to make mine work so I’m wondering if those parts would play together
Either way I’m buying something…..

peekaypee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Pickup, Maverick Lariat Hybrid & Tremor
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is the F-150 part. They are going for cheap right now, so get it while you can. I’ll be doing this mod and I am in an email conversation with DD on how to properly incorporate it.

6B16800A-3078-40F4-94C2-F8649DAB0FAB.jpeg
Hi Jobst88. I jumped on this thread. Curious if you were going to proceed with installing the DD fog light kit and then wire it up using that F150 switch to replace your existing switch? I have a 2022 hybrid Lariat that looks like it has that same style switch. I would love to know from you if you're doing it and what it would take to make that clean F150 switch from the original Hybrid Lariat switch? Thanks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would you be selling the installation kit separately? I have DD SS3’s already installed on my truck but your install is much nicer looking
Also is there a possibility of an SS3 option?
I canabalized my old F150 kit to make mine work so I’m wondering if those parts would play together
Either way I’m buying something…..
The Elite Series fog lamp kit will only be offered with our F2 Elite Series fog lamps.

Ford Maverick New Ford Maverick Lighting Kits by Diode Dynamics | 1/18/24 1706030179841

However, you could purchase the kit and use our SS3 Type F2 Fog Light Mounting Kit.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/ss3-type-f2-fog-light-mounting-kit.html

Ford Maverick New Ford Maverick Lighting Kits by Diode Dynamics | 1/18/24 IMG_7409.JPG

It's important to note, the SS3 F2 mounting kit will not have the pods sit flush but project outward.

The other option would be to purchase an SS3 mounting kit outside Diode Dynamics from JJC LLC.

https://jjc-llc.com/collections/all

Questions/Concerns:

Please go ahead and give us a call at 314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST, or shoot us an email at [email protected], and our in-house US service team would be happy to explain further!

Hours: Monday-Friday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. CDT
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 314-205-3033

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi Jobst88. I jumped on this thread. Curious if you were going to proceed with installing the DD fog light kit and then wire it up using that F150 switch to replace your existing switch? I have a 2022 hybrid Lariat that looks like it has that same style switch. I would love to know from you if you're doing it and what it would take to make that clean F150 switch from the original Hybrid Lariat switch? Thanks.
See this thread: F-150 Fog Lamp Switch and Wire Harness Installed in Maverick - DIY
The light switch itself is plug and play. You need to do a bit more work to add the terminal pins to the BCM connector. The FORScan setting modifications are fairly straightforwards mostly setting the Fog Lights to Enable in the BCM and IPC.

Lodgic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Classic Volvos, outback, Class C MH
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's odd as it isn't being plugged into the hitch connection, but rather piggybacked from the tail light. I would think it would work for all. In the prom/install videos it's clearly a Hybrid.

It will disable the 360 lane detection if plugged into the trailer connector. I plugged a bike rack LED light in the trailer connector and that disabled the 360. So I guess that's why they have to plug into the brake light harness.

TheRef

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just got email from Diode Dynamics that my new fog lights have shipped. Earlier than expected.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just got email from Diode Dynamics that my new fog lights have shipped. Earlier than expected.
The ship date for all orders is March 1st, 2024.

However, our team has been working hard to fill orders early as specific components arrive for assembly here at our HQ!
Where's the kit to completely replace these with something better?

1706200867982.png
No headlight plans from our team here at Diode Dynamics!

However, our partner brand Form Lighting is planning on developing a solution for the Maverick.

www.formlights.com

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This is the F-150 part. They are going for cheap right now, so get it while you can. I’ll be doing this mod and I am in an email conversation with DD on how to properly incorporate it.

6B16800A-3078-40F4-94C2-F8649DAB0FAB.jpeg
I just purchased this too... So, I will install the DD Maverick Elite kit, but wire it up to this. Will really be an OEM+ solution that way...

Okay... first place sold out and cancelled the order.... Ordered from another place but it will have a 7-10 delay or as great as 30 days if it's backordered.. No worries.. the Fog Lights won't arrive until March anyway.

Want to correct something... I actually ordered ML3Z-11654-BC because I have an EcoBoost which doesn't have the locking fuel door... I accidently referenced the photo that showed the 'DC' part.

Last edited:

Yanks4285

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 BMW X5,08 Pontiac G8,15 Chevy SS, 23 BMW M3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just purchased this too... So, I will install the DD Maverick Elite kit, but wire it up to this. Will really be an OEM+ solution that way...

Okay... first place sold out and cancelled the order.... Ordered from another place but it will have a 7-10 delay or as great as 30 days if it's backordered.. No worries.. the Fog Lights won't arrive until March anyway.
Order my switch when DD posted the teaser. Just received today.
Now to wait on the kit😁

Ford Maverick New Ford Maverick Lighting Kits by Diode Dynamics | 1/18/24 IMG_8655