Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Sorrento, T700, KTM 530
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick NEW ELECTRIC CHINESE TRUCK? 1666551226114

I'm not a huge fan of EV, and not a huge fan of All Things China, but I found this very interesting.
Sponsored

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ll pass

Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice review of what looks like a great truck.

I do wonder about reliability. But China's manufacturing is getting more solid every year. While I'm not a fan of China's political system, I can't say that I don't buy a LOT of other stuff from China...

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Probably alright, and could do fine if it met our standards. Import restrictions would price it too high, probably over the Ridgeline pricing. EVs are cool but you wont see me in one until it has self charging capability, like a combo of small wind turbine and solar panels that can charge it. Also the batteries while they are meeting range requirements, need to be smaller(weight) and longer lived(age). Im not gonna drive a 6000lb vehicle with the capability of a 4000lb one. And even if self charging only gets you 5% a day, for people that only get gas once every couple weeks, that is right in line with only needing to charge it once a week. Even as a first step, sell teslas and lightnings with a $10k solar carport for people that own their own home. Not some entire house system just a easy install kit carport to protect and charge.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I do wonder about reliability. But China's manufacturing is getting more solid every year. While I'm not a fan of China's political system, I can't say that I don't buy a LOT of other stuff from China...
Yeah if you dont meet the goals, you just get dragged out of the meeting while the boss nods and smirks at you.
Ford Maverick NEW ELECTRIC CHINESE TRUCK? VuLU8hH2lS5w?w=290&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.7&pid=1

Bye Bye
Ford Maverick NEW ELECTRIC CHINESE TRUCK? EatCN5TOOviw?w=244&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.7&pid=1

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not like you have a choice when 90% of everything seems to be made in China now.
Sponsored