First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A person could also install a door jam switch and tie it into your DIY plug if they only wanted to turn on the bed lights when the tailgate is opened. Just a thought.

Sponsored

jicajust

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not OP, but same kit. I'm mounting my switch next to the OEM switch (didn't have double face tape, but it's going here).
PXL_20220113_212640487.jpg
I don't have the power outlet option like this picture so I'm going to try to mount my switch on the blank panel if I can get the wires to that location without too much cutting. I like your location though.

Deleted member 9167

I don't have the power outlet option like this picture so I'm going to try to mount my switch on the blank panel if I can get the wires to that location without too much cutting. I like your location though.
You don't need the power outlet for actual power. I tapped into the FLEXBED supplied power which your truck should have.

There is a ton of room behind the panels/cubby on both sides of the bed. Routing wire was very easy and you had great access from underneath the truck.

jicajust

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You don't need the power outlet for actual power. I tapped into the FLEXBED supplied power which your truck should have.

There is a ton of room behind the panels/cubby on both sides of the bed. Routing wire was very easy and you had great access from underneath the truck.
Sorry for the confusion, I was planning on using the blank panel I have on my driver side cubby to just mount the switch and routing the 12v power for the light strips switch. My XLT doesn't have the 120 V outlet, just a blank panel.

Deleted member 9167

Sorry for the confusion, I was planning on using the blank panel I have on my driver side cubby to just mount the switch and routing the 12v power for the light strips switch. My XLT doesn't have the 120 V outlet, just a blank panel.
No worries! I saw some other users mount a more elegant, flush mount switch to that panel which looked nice.

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
installed new bed LEDs today. Fairly easy, but did take a couple hours to splice and run wiring. Cheap and nice lighting though.

EEE633A8-C384-4C84-9862-A9B1521ECBC7.jpeg
21B0F206-A915-4ECD-80D8-DB4B1A760128.jpeg
3FF7F4F5-2F65-46D3-BE21-E901C2FB8220.jpeg
Very nice and they really light up the bed!

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
nice job, had you considered the third strip for the font on the bed? also, I thought maybe a good idea would be to connect to the led bed light switch (near the tailgate on the driver side). i think is was the crazy $200 option.

any chance you could add photos of your splice work?
Your post also got me thinking about if it's possible to connect these lights to the switch in the passenger compartment that operates the bed light at the top of the cab.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like I might have to do that to mine when I get it ;) haha thanks for the ideas haha
There's another brand(which I bought) that has 3 levels of brightness for the same price
Mictuning $24.99

Reactions: Dad

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Your post also got me thinking about if it's possible to connect these lights to the switch in the passenger compartment that operates the bed light at the top of the cab.
I think it might actually be the easiest way to control the bed lights. the only thing I thing that would need to be verified is the switch ampacity rating. I would suspect the LED strips have very little amp draw.

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think it might actually be the easiest way to control the bed lights. the only thing I thing that would need to be verified is the switch ampacity rating. I would suspect the LED strips have very little amp draw.
Amperage would be a consideration if they weren't LED's. Your suspicions are correct - very little amp load on LED's. From my research, each strip draws less than 2 amps

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
installed new bed LEDs today. Fairly easy, but did take a couple hours to splice and run wiring. Cheap and nice lighting though.

EEE633A8-C384-4C84-9862-A9B1521ECBC7.jpeg
21B0F206-A915-4ECD-80D8-DB4B1A760128.jpeg
3FF7F4F5-2F65-46D3-BE21-E901C2FB8220.jpeg
That is just Top Shelf Awesome. Great Job!

Maverick88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 22
Can someone please explain/show how these led light kits run from the left side to the right? I'm wondering if I need to buy additional wire?

Also does anyone know the size of the holes that Ford suggests to use, "push pin zip ties"? I took this pic earlier. Will get out a caliper tomorrow.

Ford Maverick New Bed LED strip lighting. Cheap and easy mod! IMG_3990

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been considering the idea of using Red Leds so as to preserve my night vision, well... at least some.
I was thinking along the same lines because it looks like with RGB set you can still get white lights if you needed them instead of red.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can someone please explain/show how these led light kits run from the left side to the right? I'm wondering if I need to buy additional wire?

Also does anyone know the size of the holes that Ford suggests to use, "push pin zip ties"? I took this pic earlier. Will get out a caliper tomorrow.

IMG_3990.jpg
From what I could surmise from the photos provided on Amazon, the strips can be connected to one another. I have no answer for your second inquiry.

Ford Maverick New Bed LED strip lighting. Cheap and easy mod! Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 11.13.14 AM
Sponsored