AtlasBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A little bit of rain, snow, or salt disables pre collision assist on my Maverick. Has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

robekert

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Velocity Blue 2.0 EcoBoost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Heavy frost on the vehicle a few nights ago. I got the same warning. Funny, this will be my second winter with the truck and I don’t recall getting this warning anytime last winter.

Catster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Fusion hybrid, Dodge GC, Chevy Bolt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was surprised at how quickly a little snow/wet road caused my ACC radar sensor to get obstructed enough to stop cruise control from working. After a bit of digging, I found that you can default to normal cruise control in one of the menus - otherwise no cruise control if left in ACC mode - until the snow melts/clears!

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For what it's worth, the pre-collision sensor is the same device that allows TSR and auto-bright headlights. It's in the windshield, part of the overhead console cluster by the rear view mirror.

Not sure, but do the wipers not clean that sensor? If makes sense that crap on the glass will affect the performance of the sensor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AtlasBlue

AtlasBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For what it's worth, the pre-collision sensor is the same device that allows TSR and auto-bright headlights. It's in the windshield, part of the overhead console cluster by the rest view mirror.

Not sure, but do the wipers not clean that sensor? If makes sense that crap on the glass will affect the performance of the sensor.
🧐 I thought that square on my grill had the sensor along with the radar for adaptive cruise control.

Sponsored

Maverick not Goose

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is normal. Had a Honda, and F150 with lane keeping / stop etc and they all get messed up when wet or dirty. I think Tesla uses a different type of sensor that allows them to drive

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

🧐 I thought that square on my grill had the sensor along with the radar for adaptive cruise control.
It does, but there other sensors for other things. Mine is a XL and I've enabled TSR - the XL has no radar box in the grill.

OP
OP
AtlasBlue

AtlasBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It does, but there other sensors for other things. Mine is a XL and I've enabled TSR - the XL has no radar box in the grill.
That's interesting 🤔 which makes your opinion from the knowledge of your own vehicle more definitive. I have the Lariat Ecoboost fully loaded with every option available. Does your XL TSR only read traffic signs or does it help with breaking as well? Do you have co pilot 360? I like the hands free steering while cruise control is on 👍

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That's interesting 🤔 which makes your opinion from the knowledge of your own vehicle more definitive. I have the Lariat Ecoboost fully loaded with every option available. Does your XL TSR only read traffic signs or does it help with breaking as well? Do you have co pilot 360? I like the hands free steering while cruise control is on 👍
I have TSR set to read speed limits only. It will also read "no passing" and others, I believe, but I just wanted the reminder of the speed limit.

No co pilot on my truck.

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The square in the grill is the ACC, among other things like lane centering.

Put a piece of tape over the windshield sensor and test it. Easy to spot from the front of the truck, near center on passenger side, next to the mirror.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I got the warning in the truck for this today when I took off for work, and then an alert on my phone. It cleared up about half way thru my trip. Not sure if it's a grill or windshield issue causing the alert? Alert on phone said to clear off the grill. Wondering exactly where the sensor on the grill is located?

Ford Maverick My Pre-Collision Assist disables with a little bit of rain, snow, or salt 94ADE538-6456-4F24-92DB-EB1F05F80271

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the warning in the truck for this today when I took off for work, and then an alert on my phone. It cleared up about half way thru my trip. Not sure if it's a grill or windshield issue causing the alert? Alert on phone said to clear off the grill. Wondering exactly where the sensor on the grill is located?
The black square on the lower grille if it's a Lariat with Adaptive Cruise. Otherwise there's no collision avoidance sensors there, just the camera in the upper windshield.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was surprised at how quickly a little snow/wet road caused my ACC radar sensor to get obstructed enough to stop cruise control from working. After a bit of digging, I found that you can default to normal cruise control in one of the menus - otherwise no cruise control if left in ACC mode - until the snow melts/clears!
This isn't uncommon, my BMW has ACC, and when it rains it won't work.

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The black square on the lower grille if it's a Lariat with Adaptive Cruise. Otherwise there's no collision avoidance sensors there, just the camera in the upper windshield.
Hybrid XLT.............so it's located in the windshield. That makes sense, I turned the wipers on to clear the windshield after backing out of the drive and that's when I got the alert, must have pushed something over top of it........THANKS

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

A little bit of rain, snow, or salt disables pre collision assist on my Maverick. Has anyone else experienced this?
Here in AZ, we had a couple days of rain and no problems
Sponsored