First Name
Stephens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wanted to share my experience with my new 2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, which I purchased from Galpin Ford in Los Angeles. They were fantastic to deal with, and they even accepted Ford's X-Plan on my new Maverick Lariat Tremor. My salesman's name was Johnathon Roberts and he can be reached at [email protected]. Once I got it, I had it shipped all the way to Massachusetts in an enclosed trailer, where I've been enjoying it ever since.

Ford Maverick My Journey To The Motor City - MRT Performance Custom Exhaust 20240326_113659

Let me tell you, this Maverick is something else. It's incredibly capable, and it handles like a dream. But there was one thing that bothered me - it sounded like a sewing machine. After doing a ton of research, I landed on @MRTperformance to develop an exhaust for my Maverick.

Ford Maverick My Journey To The Motor City - MRT Performance Custom Exhaust 20240326_113945

So, at 2 am on Monday morning, I hopped in my Maverick and took the 11-hour journey to Plymouth, MI, the location of MRT Performance's headquarters. But before I made the trip, I did a ton of research on MRT and its owner Scott Hoag. I reached out to Ford to learn about Scott's time at Ford, where he played a pivotal role in bringing the Bullitt and Mach 1 back to reality in the early 2000s. Scott's reputation is rock solid, and his team is amazing at what they do. This is what sealed the deal for me to take the road trip to Michigan.

When I arrived, they were ready to get started on the development for the Maverick Tremor.

Ford Maverick My Journey To The Motor City - MRT Performance Custom Exhaust 20240326_091140

Talking exhaust options with Scott Hoag Owner of MRT

Ford Maverick My Journey To The Motor City - MRT Performance Custom Exhaust 20240326_084610

Stock Ford Muffler

My main goal was to increase ground clearance while adding an unmistakable performance sound. I had a chat with the folks at MRT about what I wanted to get out of my new exhaust. From there, the engineering team went to the drawing board and developed four new exhaust options for the Tremor.

Ford Maverick My Journey To The Motor City - MRT Performance Custom Exhaust 20240329_080855

Ford Maverick My Journey To The Motor City - MRT Performance Custom Exhaust 20240326_144111

Ford Maverick My Journey To The Motor City - MRT Performance Custom Exhaust 20240326_144208

King Of The Hill SideKick Exhaust
My favorite is the new SideKick exhaust. It comes in two versions - the straight-piped "King Of The Hill" option for maximum ground clearance and sound, and the "Trail Rated" SideKick, which also increases ground clearance over the stock system while producing a refined sport sound that's present without being overbearing. It's definitely neighbor-friendly while giving my Maverick a tougher attitude.

Ford Maverick My Journey To The Motor City - MRT Performance Custom Exhaust 20240329_091041

King Of The Hill SideKick

The engineers at MRT also tackled full-length exhaust options to navigate around the larger differential on the Tremor compared to the normal Maverick. They designed both full-length systems to tuck in closer to the rear axle while being directed upward at a more extreme angle than the OEM exhaust. This creates more clearance under the bed. Paired with a turn-down tip, it's the ultimate off-road package for the Tremor.

Ford Maverick My Journey To The Motor City - MRT Performance Custom Exhaust 20240328_101347

King Of The Hill Full Length

The full-length options come in two versions as well. Just like the SideKicks, there are two sound profiles - the "King Of The Hill" for maximum sound and the "Trail Rated" for an elevated exhaust presence that is refined and fitting of the Tremor.

Ford Maverick My Journey To The Motor City - MRT Performance Custom Exhaust tremor drive by

In the end, I decided to go with the King Of The Hill SideKick. I do a lot of business from my Maverick while driving, so on the test drive, I called my best friend Alex to test out if the exhaust would interfere with my phone calls. The phone call was crystal clear, and while I had a full exhaust presence in the cabin, the person on the other end of the phone couldn't hear the exhaust during the conversation.

Overall, the SideKick's look is tough and fits the vehicle very well. I couldn't be happier with the result.

It is WICKED.

Ford Maverick My Journey To The Motor City - MRT Performance Custom Exhaust 20240326_144208
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is it safe to assume that the exhaust pipe forward of the muffler is the OEM, and the options start at that point?

HRG

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted to share my experience with my new 2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, which I purchased from Galpin Ford in Los Angeles. They were fantastic to deal with, and they even accepted Ford's X-Plan on my new Maverick Lariat Tremor. My salesman's name was Johnathon Roberts and he can be reached at [email protected]. Once I got it, I had it shipped all the way to Massachusetts in an enclosed trailer, where I've been enjoying it ever since.

20240326_113659.jpg

Let me tell you, this Maverick is something else. It's incredibly capable, and it handles like a dream. But there was one thing that bothered me - it sounded like a sewing machine. After doing a ton of research, I landed on @MRTperformance to develop an exhaust for my Maverick.

20240326_113945.jpg

So, at 2 am on Monday morning, I hopped in my Maverick and took the 11-hour journey to Plymouth, MI, the location of MRT Performance's headquarters. But before I made the trip, I did a ton of research on MRT and its owner Scott Hoag. I reached out to Ford to learn about Scott's time at Ford, where he played a pivotal role in bringing the Bullitt and Mach 1 back to reality in the early 2000s. Scott's reputation is rock solid, and his team is amazing at what they do. This is what sealed the deal for me to take the road trip to Michigan.

When I arrived, they were ready to get started on the development for the Maverick Tremor.

20240326_091140.jpg

20240326_084610.jpg

Stock Ford Muffler

My main goal was to increase ground clearance while adding an unmistakable performance sound. I had a chat with the folks at MRT about what I wanted to get out of my new exhaust. From there, the engineering team went to the drawing board and developed four new exhaust options for the Tremor.

20240329_080855.jpg

20240326_144111.jpg

20240326_144208.jpg

My favorite is the new SideKick exhaust. It comes in two versions - the straight-piped "King Of The Hill" option for maximum ground clearance and sound, and the "Trail Rated" SideKick, which also increases ground clearance over the stock system while producing a refined sport sound that's present without being overbearing. It's definitely neighbor-friendly while giving my Maverick a tougher attitude.

20240329_091041.jpg

The engineers at MRT also tackled full-length exhaust options to navigate around the larger differential on the Tremor compared to the normal Maverick. They designed both full-length systems to tuck in closer to the rear axle while being directed upward at a more extreme angle than the OEM exhaust. This creates more clearance under the bed. Paired with a turn-down tip, it's the ultimate off-road package for the Tremor.

20240328_101347.jpg

The full-length options come in two versions as well. Just like the SideKicks, there are two sound profiles - the "King Of The Hill" for maximum sound and the "Trail Rated" for an elevated exhaust presence that is refined and fitting of the Tremor.

tremor drive by.jpg

In the end, I decided to go with the King Of The Hill SideKick. I do a lot of business from my Maverick while driving, so on the test drive, I called my best friend Alex to test out if the exhaust would interfere with my phone calls. The phone call was crystal clear, and while I had a full exhaust presence in the cabin, the person on the other end of the phone couldn't hear the exhaust during the conversation.

Overall, the SideKick's look is tough and fits the vehicle very well. I couldn't be happier with the result.

It is WICKED.

20240326_144208.jpg
Am I correct to say the under body shield has been removed in front of the right rear wheel. The left side has one up to the rear wheel. A duel side exit tip would be awesome. I think just one side doesn't look right. Put a y pipe and have sound out both sides. I have a Grabber themed hybrid. Once my exhaust goes bad I want to have duel tips just to get the performance look.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks great. Since you have the side exit. If you have a chance sometime with rear seat passengers, ask them to roll their window down and to get an idea of any exhaust smell while just driving around town. I really want to do side exit but my wife won't be able to live with fumes at all.

Sponsored

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

20240326_113659.jpg

20240326_113945.jpg

20240326_091140.jpg

20240326_084610.jpg

Stock Ford Muffler

20240329_080855.jpg

20240326_144111.jpg

20240326_144208.jpg

20240329_091041.jpg

20240328_101347.jpg

tremor drive by.jpg

It is WICKED.

20240326_144208.jpg
I noticed there is no muffler or resonator. Is this legal for annual safety inspections? I currently own a hybrid and waiting for the 2025 refresh. Thinking to go eco boost. I like the idea of side exhaust. Pa. has rules about exhaust components. Also what about warranty issues. Dealers will no doubt deny a engine claim without proper exhaust components?

MRTperformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ShopMRT.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I noticed there is no muffler or resonator. Is this legal for annual safety inspections? I currently own a hybrid and waiting for the 2025 refresh. Thinking to go eco boost. I like the idea of side exhaust. Pa. has rules about exhaust components. Also what about warranty issues. Dealers will no doubt deny a engine claim without proper exhaust components?
All MRT exhaust are post emissions meaning that no emissions hardware is altered or removed. Leaving you EPA compliant in regards to emissions.

As far as your warranty goes a post emissions ( anything after the Catalytic Converter) exhaust systems will not void your factory warranty.

MAGPLM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands & 2023 Maverick AWD FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford did the exhaust in front of rear wheel before with F150's. They ended up replacing a crap ton of wheels. The exhaust chemicals coming out started eating away the wheel finish. Just saying.

Snox801

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150,Rs,gt500,rx8
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford did the exhaust in front of rear wheel before with F150's. They ended up replacing a crap ton of wheels. The exhaust chemicals coming out started eating away the wheel finish. Just saying.
That’s what ceramic coating is for. I’d be more worried about the salt form our roads than anything the exhaust could do.

Sponsored

MRTperformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ShopMRT.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
Undecided
We are aware of the F-150 issue (Head engineer left Ford to start modifying Mustangs after introducing the 01 Bullitt and 03 Mach 1 Mustangs) we kept that in mind when designing this exhaust. We are not concerned about this with the Maverick Tremor after R&D.

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All MRT exhaust are post emissions meaning that no emissions hardware is altered or removed. Leaving you EPA compliant in regards to emissions.

As far as your warranty goes a post emissions ( anything after the Catalytic Converter) exhaust systems will not void your factory warranty.
That's good to know. It looks like the muffler was removed and replaced with the side exit exhaust. I think for a inspection you need some sort of muffler.

MRTperformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ShopMRT.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
Undecided
That's good to know. It looks like the muffler was removed and replaced with the side exit exhaust. I think for a inspection you need some sort of muffler.
We provide two side exit options. One without a muffler (King Of The Hill), the other ( Trail Rated) has a muffler/resonator

Snox801

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150,Rs,gt500,rx8
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We provide two side exit options. One without a muffler (King Of The Hill), the other ( Trail Rated) has a muffler/resonator
Do you guys take customers in for work?

I live not to far from you. I’d love to get a setup on my maverick, and 23 f-150.

MRTperformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ShopMRT.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Do you guys take customers in for work?

I live not to far from you. I’d love to get a setup on my maverick, and 23 f-150.

Yes, we offer installation services & full custom exhaust builds! We are open Mon-Fri 8am-4pm. Give us a call at 734-455-5807 on Monday and we can get you set up!
Sponsored