Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I picked up on Tim not wanting to discuss allocations the other night as well. Allocation rules change by the day. Personally, I do not give a damn what they say today as it will change a ton of times before and IF my Maverick comes in.

On the bright side, got sick of waiting for the dealer to change my email address to the correct one after two weeks so I contacted Ford myself and got it done with their help of course.
Corporate offices are in the middle of changing their office and dealer communication structure. The predictable flow of information from the past is history. Layoffs, newly promoted personnel and a different ordering/tracking/scheduling format requires adjustments from the corporate/dealer/customer triangle.

I think @fordvideoguy wants business as usual so he can continue to provide stellar, facts on a weekly basis and help customers navigate the detours, speed bumps and waiting segments between COVP approved and parked in the driveway.

The newest allocation system has two parts which will mean a fluctuation of numbers from one month to the next. No one knows if Ford will revise the plan mid year to avoid another private offer for 23's pushed to 24 whether they've stated it won't happen or not.

Getting some consistency from the corporate decision makers regarding the orders by region and how get every order a VIN by this time next year is a high hurdle race with 12 such obstacles attained by the 15th of the prior month so the formula is proven to be effective or scrapped for a system fair to all interested parties.
Sponsored

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd like to see posters of MY23 orders revisit this thread after the 10/5 cutoff to see hwo their order stands and what their chances of seeing an Ecoboost in six months or a hybrid or Tremor in twelve.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Getting some consistency from the corporate decision makers regarding the orders by region and how get every order a VIN by this time next year is a high hurdle race with 12 such obstacles attained by the 15th of the prior month so the formula is proven to be effective or scrapped for a system fair to all interested parties.
Appreciate the info... you lost me in this paragraph though.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Appreciate the info... you lost me in this paragraph though.
Ford issued a new allocation formula which has two parts. The MY22 mavericks were allocated by things like 2021 Bronco and Ranger sales and the amount of previous EV sales in states like California.

Allocations are determined by the 15th of the previous month. Determining what original and supplemental allocations are going to be by region in each of the next 12 months will tell if the new formula is fair, effective or in need of revision.

Live stream episode 54 details how dealer allocations are earned and affect your order. I'll admit I had to watch it multiple times to digest and make sense of the regional numbers and how they trickle down to dealerships by monthly, quarterly and rolling annual sales and inventory. @fordvideoguy made the near impossible much easier to understand with his simplified format and layman's terminology.
Sponsored