Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think there is a growing list of wives... maybe we should have them start a support group.
My wife would join. She's happy that I finally ordered one. Even happier that I spent good money and got all of the safety gear that comes standard with the lariat. But I suspect when it's actually delivered 6 to 18 months from now, she'll be disappointed that I too will find more things to keep adding to it...

Who's going to start the Facebook Group?

Maverick Wives Support Group

Question for the original Poster:

Will it be Long, Long, Short, Long every time you go through an intersection?

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
I have spent some time custom fitting this 4 gallon pancake tank to fit under my spare tire with out ruining the ground clearance for when I go off road. Main purpose is a self filling system for the train horns that are mounted above the rear differential with a quick connect on the tank to use for a flat or to air back my spare set of off road rims/tires I have. Tank has a pressure switch with a over pressure blow off. 200psi tank with a 150psi compressor that also have thermal protection from this brutal Florida heat. Power source wired to the trailer power supply with a cut off switch in case I need to tow some thing off the same power. No messy wire all the way up to the battery. Need to put the spare tire back up but it sits right off half the tank

IMG_20230717_214607.jpg

IMG_20230717_214511.jpg

IMG_20230717_213850.jpg

IMG_20230717_214453.jpg

IMG_20230717_214423.jpg

IMG_20230717_214535.jpg
I had a friend that was nuts over those things. Got some plans and made a bad arse set out of PVC, turned out some parts on a lathe.

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have spent some time custom fitting this 4 gallon pancake tank to fit under my spare tire with out ruining the ground clearance for when I go off road. Main purpose is a self filling system for the train horns that are mounted above the rear differential with a quick connect on the tank to use for a flat or to air back my spare set of off road rims/tires I have. Tank has a pressure switch with a over pressure blow off. 200psi tank with a 150psi compressor that also have thermal protection from this brutal Florida heat. Power source wired to the trailer power supply with a cut off switch in case I need to tow some thing off the same power. No messy wire all the way up to the battery. Need to put the spare tire back up but it sits right off half the tank

IMG_20230717_214607.jpg

IMG_20230717_214511.jpg

IMG_20230717_213850.jpg

IMG_20230717_214453.jpg

IMG_20230717_214423.jpg

IMG_20230717_214535.jpg
I need a video with the horn!!

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

IMG_20230717_214607.jpg

IMG_20230717_214511.jpg

IMG_20230717_213850.jpg

IMG_20230717_214453.jpg

IMG_20230717_214423.jpg

IMG_20230717_214535.jpg
Nothing says get off my lawn quite like train horns. Or maybe quit driving like a douche. Love it !!!

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I used to ride a motorcycle as my one-and-only vehicle. I am not a fan of the "loud pipes save lives" approach. Instead, I always tried to keep my bikes at stock (or lower) volumes. When you ride a LOT of cross-country, those loud pipes become super-annoying - to the point of causing massive headaches.

But I do understand the sentiment of those "loud pipes" guys - there are some drivers to whom motorcycles are simply invisible. They do stupid things like pulling out directly in front of you, changing lanes on top of you, etc. And it's an "every day, every ride" phenomenon.

So I added a pair of air horns, and a tiny "no-tank" air compressor that worked VERY effectively. Mine sounded more like an 18-wheeler than a train, but they DEFINITELY did the job. Someone starts crowding into the lane? Tap the air horn and watch them whip back into their lane! Someone inching forward at that cross-street ahead? A tap on the horn and they were standing on the brake! Seriously, that horn probably saved my life saved more than a few times!

And to the guy with the "nervous reaction" (the one who "inadvertently" threw his coffee at the sound of the horn, perhaps hitting the vehicle), I'd a lot rather be wearing your coffee, than have your car wearing a motorcycle hood ornament! (And yes, I realize you were kidding, and so am I - up to a point...)

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Love it, I was just thinking about adding some air horns. I’ve had to use my horn more and more lately…

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great post! This is why the MTC is such a fantastic resource. While I love the idea of having air horns, I was more interested in putting them in my 32' motorhome, but until I read your post, I was limiting myself on where to install them. The horns and hardware don't have to be in the engine bay!

Potatomafia

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also live in the Tampa area. I work on the base but live all the way up in New Port Richey. It's an 80 mile a day commute. Since Monday, I have nearly been sideswiped twice on my commute by idiots. Its not like they can't see me in my Cyber Orange Mav.

I'm seriously considering installing an air horn system. Or an electronic air horn like police/emergency vehicles have. Something to sonically shame said idiots.

Very nice install! I like the placement of the tank.

OP
OP

Kautomotive

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Great post! This is why the MTC is such a fantastic resource. While I love the idea of having air horns, I was more interested in putting them in my 32' motorhome, but until I read your post, I was limiting myself on where to install them. The horns and hardware don't have to be in the engine bay!
Location was my biggest struggle. Didnt want the tank in the already small bed taking up space, and the horns are exactly small with very limited room in the engine bay. Over the diff was the perfect fitment with out it being a direct blast to a front facing vehicle. Ideally I think cylinder tanks in the quarter panels may have been a better option but i already had this tank from a previous vehicle. All Im saying is of you do it i deffinitly want to see pictures.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Kautomotive

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I also live in the Tampa area. I work on the base but live all the way up in New Port Richey. It's an 80 mile a day commute. Since Monday, I have nearly been sideswiped twice on my commute by idiots. Its not like they can't see me in my Cyber Orange Mav.

I'm seriously considering installing an air horn system. Or an electronic air horn like police/emergency vehicles have. Something to sonically shame said idiots.

Very nice install! I like the placement of the tank.
If you live in the Tampa area you know the struggle. Note to others reading this. Allot of Tampa, Fl drivers are stupid. A train horn is rarely used as its mostly just for my off roading best rest assured if I used it, you deserved it. Hope to see more people join in on the horn blasting.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Location was my biggest struggle. Didnt want the tank in the already small bed taking up space, and the horns are exactly small with very limited room in the engine bay. Over the diff was the perfect fitment with out it being a direct blast to a front facing vehicle. Ideally I think cylinder tanks in the quarter panels may have been a better option but i already had this tank from a previous vehicle. All Im saying is of you do it i deffinitly want to see pictures.
Agreed, very little space in the engine bay and the horns themselves require a elongated space.
Since I'm more interested in installing the horns in my motorhome, I'm not sure how much benefit photos would do for MTC members. Who knows? if I'm happy with the RV install, perhaps I'll get a second unit for the Maverick.

OP
OP

Kautomotive

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

And it sounds like . . .?
Video please
Updated the orginal post. Check out the video. Although I will say the video really doesn't do it justice. I had to go to the park avoid pissing off all of my neighbors.
Sponsored