First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounded like the engine had a knock turned off restarted and didnt hear it anymore? My question--Is there anything that would mimic an engine knock in the hybrid? Oil is clean and full and never heard this before.. Thank for any input..
Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Could be one of the ones with bad crank machining. I'd send a oil sample to blackstone labs ASAP>

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Sounded like the engine had a knock turned off restarted and didnt hear it anymore? My question--Is there anything that would mimic an engine knock in the hybrid? Oil is clean and full and never heard this before.. Thank for any input..
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

inline_five

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Knock or marbles in motor sounding?

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bad crank bearing knock doesn't come and go. on the other hand lifter noise can.

Sponsored

Tailender

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-250, 2011 Rogue, 2012 Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

A 22 with only 4k miles? Wow! Mine makes knocking noises once in a while but it sounds like the valves. I have 31k miles on it and had 2 Blackstone oil tests and both were good.

OP
OP

AZMAN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
More like a thumping sound Fossil! Thank you for the info! Its really strange never heard it again today driving even when i force start the engine with pedal to floor engine is quiet! Drove all over not a sound! Come home Checked the oil it was clean and full! 0W 20.. I know what lifter noise sounds like this was def a knock however when i heard the knocking I turned the truck off restarted it forced the engine to run and it was Quiet! STRANGE! Never in the 4000 miles did we ever hear that!

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Are you using 87 octane or 91?

OP
OP

AZMAN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
87 this knock sound is at idle not while driving!

OP
OP

AZMAN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update Not a hint of a knock! Strange indeed!

Sponsored
OP
OP

AZMAN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK Update 3/3/24 10 AM This morning I started the Truck (Electric motor) Backed out of garage turned the heat on for a few mins the Gas Engine started it was Quiet as always no noise or knocks.. After the engine shut off I waited 5 mins then forced started the truck is was at that time I heard that light knock thump sound--I narrowed it down to the Transmission electric assy under the hood DS If I put the truck in gear while hearing that thump then back to park it goes away! Driveway is on a little slope but who knows! Zero drive issues noise doesnt come back no mater how long you drive around! Any ideas?

OP
OP

AZMAN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK Update 3/3/24 10 AM This morning I started the Truck (Electric motor) Backed out of garage turned the heat on for a few mins the Gas Engine started it was Quiet as always no noise or knocks.. After the engine shut off I waited 5 mins then forced started the truck is was at that time I heard that light knock thump sound--I narrowed it down to the Transmission electric assy under the hood DS If I put the truck in gear while hearing that thump then back to park it goes away! Driveway is on a little slope but who knows! Zero drive issues noise doesnt come back no mater how long you drive around! Any ideas?
Sponsored