Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ShopMRT.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Ford Maverick MRT Performance 2022+ Ford Maverick No Drill Hood Struts engineeredPerf_black_nosi
Ford Maverick MRT Performance 2022+ Ford Maverick No Drill Hood Struts 20211223_083111-removebg-preview

Hello! My name is Dana and I am with MRT Performance here in Plymouth, Mi. I will be taking some time to highlight all of MRT's 2022+ Maverick products. First we will start with MRT's No Drill Hood Strut kit.

Ford Maverick MRT Performance 2022+ Ford Maverick No Drill Hood Struts 20211222_124458-removebg-preview

This Maverick accessory is simple: Add underhood dress up to your truck with a design that is functional and has purpose. MRT hood struts replace the factory prop rod with brackets and gas cylinder struts that lift the hood and give you a clear view into the Maverick engine bay - AND you don't have to manually prop the hood open. Consistent with MRT's original no-drill hood struts introduced on the Mustang, this kit is designed to maintain hood alignment by using factory attachment points for strength and safety! Each strut is specifically selected for optimal performance with Maverick's lightweight hood.

MRT hood strut brackets are made out of high-quality steel for the utmost durability and come standard with a quality Black Powder Coat Finish. Custom bracket colors are available for an additional fee and come in 2 options: Carbon fiber look or vehicle color matching. If a vehicle matching bracket color is desired, select a custom paint option and put the paint code you want in the order notes. Allow a 1-2 weeks lead time for custom painted brackets.

AVAILABLE HERE- MRT 2022+ Maverick Products

Feel free to ask any questions!
Shipping to Canada is available with phone orders 734-455-5807

Hood Strut Overview

Sponsored

Last edited:

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Very Nice ! Love to do a review on the on my Youtube channel ....... if I can ever get a Maverick from Ford LOL

OP
OP
MRTperformance

MRTperformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ShopMRT.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Looks awesome, and worth the money!!

How long do these struts usually last?
We can see anywhere from 3-10 years of life with the struts. If they go out in 3 years though, they were really getting constantly used but in most cases I would say the average is 5-10 years.

AceGoliath

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT, 21 Bronco OBX SAS, 10 Fusion SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it too much wear and tear to disconnect the lower portion of the strut to fender every time you need to fill the windshield washer fluid? It might just be the angle of the video, but looks like limited access for a funnel.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MRTperformance

MRTperformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ShopMRT.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Is it too much wear and tear to disconnect the lower portion of the strut to fender every time you need to fill the windshield washer fluid? It might just be the angle of the video, but looks like limited access for a funnel.

You could but I wouldn't recommend it. We designed this kit so you would still have access to the washer fluid reservoir. The trick would be to go in from the angle shown here. The kit uses 3 washers to lower the reservoir fill point to allow for easy refill.

Ford Maverick MRT Performance 2022+ Ford Maverick No Drill Hood Struts 20211222_124247 (1)

OP
OP
MRTperformance

MRTperformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ShopMRT.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Will it help for hood shake?
I cannot say officially if it does or does not. When we were test driving the Maverick we were lucky enough to use for development, our engineers did not notice any hood shake issues during street and highway driving. Our gut feeling is of course adding another anchor point to the hood via the hood strut and fender bracket is going to stabilize the hood and will be helpful in combating that issue. When we get another Maverick in the shop we will look into this further. Till then we would love to hear from customers who have purchased the kits what their experience is in regards to hood shake on their Maverick.

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I cannot say officially if it does or does not. When we were test driving the Maverick we were lucky enough to use for development, our engineers did not notice any hood shake issues during street and highway driving. Our gut feeling is of course adding another anchor point to the hood via the hood strut and fender bracket is going to stabilize the hood and will be helpful in combating that issue. When we get another Maverick in the shop we will look into this further. Till then we would love to hear from customers who have purchased the kits what their experience is in regards to hood shake on their Maverick.
The Ranger has a similar hood design but comes with struts and I have not seen any hood shake complaints. So it may be that the struts preload the hood and helps prevent shaking, just a thought.

Ronbye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is the price for these struts and do you ship to Canada? Specifically Newfoundland.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MRTperformance

MRTperformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ShopMRT.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
Undecided
What is the price for these struts and do you ship to Canada? Specifically Newfoundland.
The set is $137.99. Shipping to Canada can be accommodated if you order by phone. Give us a call tomorrow after 8am EST and we can get you set up. 734-455-5807

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This looks like $140 well spent to me.

Poping the hood isn't something I do a lot, but I check the fluids now and then, and if there is even a chance it helps to prevent the dreaded hood flutter I'm all for it.

z28th1s

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XLT, '72 Maverick, '87 Mustang GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the MRT hood struts on my '19 Mustang GT. Nice product!

I will definitely be looking at getting a set of these when my truck finally gets here (2/14 scheduled build date).

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any issues with keeping the hood in alignment during installation? Is this install something a rookie can do?

OP
OP
MRTperformance

MRTperformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ShopMRT.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Any issues with keeping the hood in alignment during installation? Is this install something a rookie can do?

It's a pretty easy process but it wouldn't hurt to have a set of helping hands with you. There are a few tricks to ensuring hood alignment including taping around the outside of the bracket before unbolting the hood. This will keep a nice template for you when bolting the hood back down. If you have a set of extra hands though it makes it real easy to hold the hood in place while installing the hood brackets. I see your location is listed as Midwest If you are anywhere near our location in Michigan we can offer free installation of the hood strut kit.
Sponsored