First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
two rivers ford has a holding lot full of "WHITE" X L T'S this is the secound time this has happen at this dealership in the last 3-wks all X L T W/TRAILER HITCH'S these are some body fleet trucks that ford is building and shipping out. My brother live in MT.Juliet Tenn right out side of nashville he posted pic of this on this sight 3 wks ago of the white x l t ecoboost.I think for for 3-wks now has been filling "FLEET"/ORDERS. I caught a lot of slack on this site for trying to stand up for us reg, customers but was told on this sight by many that ford should build the fleet orders before ours because they purchase 1,000 xl such as auto zone ford would nat/sale to the big customer first and us last i think this is what going on,so you may or may not get your "MAVERICK"!

Sponsored

1fifty

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So 80,00 reg orders ought yo hold up for the spec-fleet orders!
I understand your point, but these large fleet customers need their vehicles badly. I know of one large fleet that buys 200 Ford trucks every month and have done this for a long, long time - due to supply chain and pandemic, Ford had been allocating them only 14 per month even as late as January this year. Long time large customers have earned a little good will for helping Ford’s bottom line for years and years and years.

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I understand your point, but these large fleet customers need their vehicles badly. I know of one large fleet that buys 200 Ford trucks every month and have done this for a long, long time - due to supply chain and pandemic, Ford had been allocating them only 14 per month even as late as January this year. Long time large customers have earned a little good will for helping Ford’s bottom line for years and years and years.
So we don’t need our trucks badly also?and are the regular retail customers not what keeps ford in business!

Sponsored

jahl

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They sure as Hell should build retail orders that have been waiting for 9 months or more before a Crap load of Fleet.
Why? If it was your buddy that has been delaying helping you with a project, sure, they should come on over and help. But Ford is not your buddy, they make decisions based on best business practices. Also, the message Ford is getting from people like you is not "fine, we will take our business to your competitor", the message they are getting from people like you is "g'head and build those fleet orders, no really, it's fine, you can drag me along for 9 months and you will still not lose my business".

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

They should and are building both as constraints allow. Think about the parts bins in the plant. They have X amount of this and that. It is far easier to build the same thing for a week or a few days straight in a row. That and fleet orders are given a date just like us but their date is usually the same for alot of trucks. So when they get enough parts in the plant to make a run of a particular fleet order. They shift retail orders around and build the fleet orders. The fleets would be more disgruntled that we would ever be if the got their 40 trucks 1 or 2 at a time. They would take their million dollar contract elsewhere. So they wiggle em in and the crank em out all at once when they can. It will always look weird, but trust me after you've got your Maverick and it turned out to be a successful product and you decided to buy stock, you would feel giddy everytime your drove past a dealer with 50 fleet orders on the lot.

1fifty

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Baldboy,
Come to think of it, maybe your dealer or order spec is holding up your build?
I ordered a Ford Lightning, a ‘23 F150 and 3 Ecoboost Mavericks over the past twelve months and each of them came in within 3-4 months of placing the orders.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I mean, it's a bunch of front wheel drive ecoboost XLTs. It's the easiest build for Ford to make right now, so of course they built a bunch.

You could have yours too if you were willing to settle for that.
Sponsored