First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Engine
Undecided
šŸ‘ I was there. Made the trip from mid-Missouri. Great bunch of folks there.
{Lot of pics}
Thanks all for posting pictures. Does anyone have others? A great way for us hopeful '23 orders to compare colors. The red is growing on me.
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Even without being sponsored by MTC this thread was on the front page for 3 days in July. Maybe local radio commercials are needed next time, hahaha.
You joke, but they did commericals. Don't know if they were radio, TV, or online, but Tim played a really nice "voiceovered" clip on one of his livestreams a few weeks back. Like he was hitting play on a professionally produced commerical.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You joke, but they did commericals. Don't know if they were radio, TV, or online, but Tim played a really nice "voiceovered" clip on one of his livestreams a few weeks back. Like he was hitting play on a professionally produced commerical.
Nice! I 100% was joking but thatā€™s awesome.

V-blue Mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jeep Cherokee and 2006 F-150 2022 Maverick EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks all for posting pictures. Does anyone have others? A great way for us hopeful '23 orders to compare colors. The red is growing on me.
Here's one more. Trip/milage info from the meet-up, round trip. Not bad for a Ecoboost with AWD going at speeds of up to 80 mph occasionally. šŸ˜

Ford Maverick Midwest Maverick Meetup - August 13th - Salina, Kansas IMG_20220814_111443330_HDR

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Hopefully next year if they do it, it will be better advertised.
Did the best we could to get the word out. Notice the thread started one month ago, posted it in every Maverick Facebook group that let me, mentioned it on my livestream every week for 2 months. Spent all of our YouTube and television advertising budget running the commercial for 4 weeks as well. We would love any ideas to get the word to more people.

Sponsored

bwayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2008 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did the best we could to get the word out. Notice the thread started one month ago, posted it in every Maverick Facebook group that let me, mentioned it on my livestream every week for 2 months. Spent all of our YouTube and television advertising budget running the commercial for 4 weeks as well. We would love any ideas to get the word to more people.
Itā€™s really ok. I normally donā€™t watch the videos, but for a few minutes here and there, I donā€™t do Facebook, and I donā€™t know where I would have seen a commercial. The only way I think to reach everyone would be an email blast, and thatā€™s probably not appropriate. We all get too much email as it is. Thanks for doing the get together for those that got the message.

noticon75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford F250, 15 VW Passat,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yup Seen the commercials on all the platforms! You all put a lot into this event. I have helped with events similar to this, And it costs! But those events the participants had to pay to enter. I would hate to see what your budget was for the event but I bet it was more than you make on selling 10 Mavericks! Anyways it is impossible to reach everyone. But the word is out a year in advance that there will be a 2nd annual Midwest Maverick Meetup. Hope to make that happen with or without Long McArthur's sponsorship. Made many new friends there from all corners of the country. This was far more that a Mid West event. Ford Cooperate may want to get involved next year :) LOL

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Yup Seen the commercials on all the platforms! You all put a lot into this event. I have helped with events similar to this, And it costs! But those events the participants had to pay to enter. I would hate to see what your budget was for the event but I bet it was more than you make on selling 10 Mavericks! Anyways it is impossible to reach everyone. But the word is out a year in advance that there will be a 2nd annual Midwest Maverick Meetup. Hope to make that happen with or without Long McArthur's sponsorship. Made many new friends there from all corners of the country. This was far more that a Mid West event. Ford Cooperate may want to get involved next year :) LOL
I tried to reach out and get Ford involved to help get the word out and the media team wasn't interested. That's okay, I don't think we need Ford to help and I'm hopeful that it will encourage more events in other regions of the country. Hopefully next year MTC won't throw this post just in the Midwest region. I understand why they did, makes sense but we had people from all over the country.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Super envious for all of the inaugural attendees. I can't wait to show off my yet-to-be-built XLT at next year's meet up.

whitef

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lost count...about 12.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was unable to make the Saturday meetup but did make it to the dinner Friday evening at the dealership. Really had a nice time meeting interesting people and visiting with Tim a bit.

If you're not a member of the YouTube channel, I would encourage you to try it out. Tim and Sarah provide a lot of content and insider information for the bargain rate of $5 / month.

Sponsored

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tried to reach out and get Ford involved to help get the word out and the media team wasn't interested. That's okay, I don't think we need Ford to help and I'm hopeful that it will encourage more events in other regions of the country. Hopefully next year MTC won't throw this post just in the Midwest region. I understand why they did, makes sense but we had people from all over the country.
Kansas was an unrealistic trip for me this time. But you're right! This time next year hopefully we can have a number of regional meetups!

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you do it again in 2023 rename it so it isnā€™t the Midwest Meetup. Make it the ā€œGreat National Maverick Meetupā€. Let people know they can come from anywhere and attend.

As someone who has been involved with event planning for a hobby group we always tried to talk up the hosting city or region. That helped to draw people from farther away.

I consider going because I had to drive from Florida to California at roughly the same time but ultimately decided it was too far out of my way adding at least 400 miles to the already long trip. Plus I still donā€™t have a Maverick.

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
If you do it again in 2023 rename it so it isnā€™t the Midwest Meetup. Make it the ā€œGreat National Maverick Meetupā€. Let people know they can come from anywhere and attend.

As someone who has been involved with event planning for a hobby group we always tried to talk up the hosting city or region. That helped to draw people from farther away.

I consider going because I had to drive from Florida to California at roughly the same time but ultimately decided it was too far out of my way adding at least 400 miles to the already long trip. Plus I still donā€™t have a Maverick.
That is a good idea, we were thinking Maverick Homecoming for those that ordered from us but wanted to include everyone. We did Midwest because that is where we are located, like they do for the Bronco events. Thanks for the input and idea.

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is a good idea, we were thinking Maverick Homecoming for those that ordered from us but wanted to include everyone. We did Midwest because that is where we are located, like they do for the Bronco events. Thanks for the input and idea.
You might also play around with the timing. A lot of people with kids are already back to school in mid-August which might cut down on out of area folks.

However I suspect the main thing you need is just more Mavericks in customer hands. I just drove 2,100 miles across eight states and in all that time saw only one Maverick. In fact I saw as many Rivian pickup trucks as I did Mavericks.
Sponsored