First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Fusion 14 Ram Dump 23 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lot of dealers in my area have 22s in stock at 5k over. Must be lots of people walking away from the order. Dont blame them really with trade values tanked and high interest rates.
Sponsored

DanMav1701

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Equinox
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lot of dealers in my area have 22s in stock at 5k over. Must be lots of people walking away from the order. Dont blame them really with trade values tanked and high interest rates.
If it's a good dealer, the 22's were price protected. Likely they could not wait and ended up getting something else.

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I gave a dealer a hard time about a 5k markup on an awd XL. Knowing MSRP and lack of features I wasn’t willing to do that. They couldn’t sell it for weeks which was fun to remind him about since he thought he would sell it by the end of the day. But the day it showed up they suckered someone. 30k you could get a used Honda Ridgeline or Chevy Colorado.

Joeneonturbo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Dodge SRT-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m seeing half a dozen or more mavericks at couple dealerships. Theyre more than likely customer orders rn. I taunted another dealership weekly abt their FX4 at 7k over earlier this year, eventually some fool bought it.

Eber1988

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is the problem. Someone without knowledge of real msrp or in a difficult circumstance eventually is willing to pay that ridiculous ADM fees. Then they try to justify some way as to why they couldn’t wait for the order to come in or prices to come down. It sucks but is good at the same time. I mean maybe you got 1k more for your trade in or something.

Sponsored

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably mostly customer canceled orders, or some customers that may have ordered more than one Maverick. You never know. Some get tired of waiting, while some may have decided it wasn’t what they were expecting.

Fitzovich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is the problem. Someone without knowledge of real msrp or in a difficult circumstance eventually is willing to pay that ridiculous ADM fees. Then they try to justify some way as to why they couldn’t wait for the order to come in or prices to come down. It sucks but is good at the same time. I mean maybe you got 1k more for your trade in or something.

I was in one of those difficult circumstances (wrecked my car) and really couldn't wait so I paid over MSRP for my XL. I was hoping to wait until the 24 Model Year before buying a Maverick, but the situation dictated otherwise. I won't criticize others who made choices based upon what they felt best for them at the time. We really don't know what is going on in any one person's life or their situation at the time. I hope that the dealers taking advantage of the product shortage have their comeuppance at some point, but I doubt that will actually happen.

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I see a lot "in stock" on Ford's website at local dealers but have yet to see one in the flesh at any dealer. I'm sure there are a few at over MSRP but not many around St. Louis. Some showing online I know sold or were delivered special orders weeks ago.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 22 XLT Hybrid with luxury package came with a spray-in bedliner at $26,600 MSRP.
Just for curiosity's sake, I ran my configuration through the "build-you-own" 2023 configurator and it was about $3K more.
While I like my Maverick, especially the size and efficiency, I am now having reliability issues. If I were to shop for a $30K vehicle again, especially with a $5K adjustment to it, I would definitely include more options in the selection pool.

Sponsored

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 22 XLT Hybrid with luxury package came with a spray-in bedliner at $26,600 MSRP.
Just for curiosity's sake, I ran my configuration through the "build-you-own" 2023 configurator and it was about $3K more.
While I like my Maverick, especially the size and efficiency, I am now having reliability issues. If I were to shop for a $30K vehicle again, especially with a $5K adjustment to it, I would definitely include more options in the selection pool.
Good point but I think impulse buyers are just that.
Curious what kind of reliability issues you’re having (as I wait)?

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I gave a dealer a hard time about a 5k markup on an awd XL. Knowing MSRP and lack of features I wasn’t willing to do that. They couldn’t sell it for weeks which was fun to remind him about since he thought he would sell it by the end of the day. But the day it showed up they suckered someone. 30k you could get a used Honda Ridgeline or Chevy Colorado.
Neither of those trucks are compact direct competitors for Mavericks.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So you would look at the Santa Cruz ? That's the only competitor for Maverick .

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Continues to amaze me that some people are compelled to criticize what other people pay for their cars. It's nunya - live and let live. Merry Christmas 🤶