Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Look for the hybrid XL to be the vehicle of choice by government municipalities around the country. Predicted it the day I learrned about the hybrid with steelies. This will pay for the development and production while the more well equipped editions will be the profit center for Ford.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Look for the hybrid XL to be the vehicle of choice by government municipalities around the country. Predicted it the day I learrned about the hybrid with steelies. This will pay for the development and production while the more well equipped editions will be the profit center for Ford.
Agreed. Kind of makes you wonder what took them so long.

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
I'm guessing ford will jack the price of the XL hybrid. I feel like the Maverick was a big gamble for Ford but they nailed it and blazed the trail. The hybrid power train is what puts the maverick over the top and perfect for fleet and consumers. If they went more suv like without the hybrid I think there sales would be poor. Time will tell but the Maverick is a 400 000 plus yearly volume vehicle in North America.

Sponsored

zobo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E
We are a rural Internet provider in Iowa. I have 3 XL Hybrids on order they were absolutely perfect to replace our aging Ram cargo vans. The caravans work well for us and we have 200k on each one but at 20k a piece to replace them it was a no brainer. We take good care of them but each one is at that point where something bad is going to go without warning. Sadly I had to put new tires on them last week because I don't think our new trucks will be here before the snow.

Rozay

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav EB FWD LUX Area 51
Looks good. Mine will be velocity blue. Love the riptide vacuum. So much better than a hammerhead.
long time user of the hammerhead (10 years). riptide is alot better and customer service is top notch

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As the truck quietly appears with no tv ads and no promotion outside internet chatter, a new auto phenomenon is being born.
Can't promote what you can't produce.

Sponsored

Camlt12010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Escape
Engine
Undecided
As good as it looks this is why I would never get a white truck. I think we will see a billion hybrids rolling around as work trucks in the next few years.
I got the Oxford white on my 2.0 XLT. I added a tonneau cover, the black hood protector from Ford and aftermarket black splash guards and the truck looks fantastic. This is my 5th Oxford White Ford truck. White is so easy to keep and easiest to touch up blemishes.

Camlt12010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Escape
Engine
Undecided
As good as it looks this is why I would never get a white truck. I think we will see a billion hybrids rolling around as work trucks in the next few years.
Depends on what type of business. Lots of businesses will still need trucks with a full size bed.

Camlt12010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Escape
Engine
Undecided
My wife talked me out of white for this exact reason. She said it would look like a county service vehicle, no matter how I optioned it. As always, she was right...
I disagree. Service trucks are usually XL's with the steel wheels. I got the white XLT . I added the tonneau cover, some after market splash guards and the black textured hood protector from Ford and it looks sharp . When I do some graphics even better. Plus white never goes out of style like some of the other colors. it's easy to maintain and touching up blemishes on white are almost invisible.

Last edited:

Jimmy P

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Camlt12010, you are right about long term care of the white color. And I'm sure the accessories you added make it look sharp. I don't typically add anything (except a tonneau cover soon and some tailgate letters), so the look I get from the factory is what I live with. Here's mine at the Colorado River.
Ford Maverick Maverick work truck spotted! IMG_20211111_162055643_HDR

OP
OP

mcm2839

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
I ordered one for my business. Just finished production. Expect delivery in a month. Seems like a great work truck option.
What type of business?
Sponsored