First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cruise control is added, along with the extra bed goodies. I am torn as well - the code to unlock seems neat too. None of which I "want" except cruise control...
Sponsored

hp2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Pilot
Being torn between base XL and base XLT, $2300 different. The different: cruise control, wheel, and power side mirror. I don't care about cruise control (maybe used few times in my 30 years of driving), the thing matter me the most is the steel wheels on XL are so ugly (my opinion). How much the cost to put on new wheels later if I decide to do. Is $2300 different worth the XLT over XL (for me)?

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
My question is why each trim only has one interior color option. I'd go for a Lariat but that blue/brown doesn't work for me. I'd much rather have the black/grey from the XL, just with the Lariat features.
James, I think the dark part is actually black. However, I going on what I saw in the new Bronco when they visited a local dealer. The Outer Banks trim has the colors same as a Lariat, and the interior in the one I saw was trimmed in black. It actually looked great. But, as we know Ford has some different thoughts on colors in their new offerings, so as a precaution it would be smart to make sure I'm right. I have been wrong in the past, just as my wife. :)

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Being torn between base XL and base XLT, $2300 different. The different: cruise control, wheel, and power side mirror. I don't care about cruise control (maybe used few times in my 30 years of driving), the thing matter me the most is the steel wheels on XL are so ugly (my opinion). How much the cost to put on new wheels later if I decide to do. Is $2300 different worth the XLT over XL (for me)?
$800-1200 depending on the style and company.

streetrod

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Volvo, 34 Ford
Looks like Ford just sent me straight to the competition before the truck is even available. Just did a build on a Lariat and the only interior option is some god-awful ugly brown color----thanks Ford

Reactions: Mox

Sponsored

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LOL. I keep going back and forth from XL to XLT to Lariat to XLT + lux package to Lariat w/Lux Package to ....

The money isn't really an issue (except that I am cheap), it is more around value for the $ and how much I want to trick out a $20K vehicle.

Where I am sort of stuck is XLT + Lux + sunroof gives me everything I need, except it would be nice to have the leather like seats from the Lariat. But then I'm sort of forced to get the Lariat Lux package to get heated seats, and then I am over $30K. (Heated seats are pretty much a must have where I live.)

NavyBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
LOL. I keep going back and forth from XL to XLT to Lariat to XLT + lux package to Lariat w/Lux Package to ....

The money isn't really an issue (except that I am cheap), it is more around value for the $ and how much I want to trick out a $20K vehicle.

Where I am sort of stuck is XLT + Lux + sunroof gives me everything I need, except it would be nice to have the leather like seats from the Lariat. But then I'm sort of forced to get the Lariat Lux package to get heated seats, and then I am over $30K. (Heated seats are pretty much a must have where I live.)
I am getting the Lariat with the Lux package and with the couple of dealers jumping on the forum here giving you 3% below invoice it was worth it to go all the way to the Lariat.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Automotive custom shops can install heated seats in most vehicles. Some manufacturers glue the upholstery to the foam base and that won’t work. Cost is typically $600-$700 for both seats, seat pad and backrest.

motoretro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subie
While I'm ready to make a deposit on a FWD XL w/ 2.0, if Cruise is a pricey add on, I'll just keep my minty 2013 W/T, std w/ Cruise (9) years ago.

*Having a Power Moon Roof as a option on a XL enforces the oversight on Ford's part of omitting Cruise Control. At least make it a dealer installed option, I assume it's a P&P item at worse.

Last edited:
Sponsored

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The only thing from the higher models Id even care about having on the XL I plan to buy is the power tailgate lock and the D rings in the bed.

Is there a standard normal lock on the base Ford trucks? I dont give a crap if I have to do it manually, Im just wondering if its actually gonna have a manual lock or not. Then for the bed stuff I just hope they allow it as add ons. I plan to use the thing hard so I hope to get all the tie downs and stuff I can. Ill bed line it myself, thats easy. I cant figure out if Id be able to get that power port in the bed either on the XL... I assume not but I can get the one in the cabin which is perfectly fine. Im just gonna plug my Milwaukee M12 charger in there permanently.

Also Im SUPER sad the back seat isnt a 60/40 fold unit. Thats my biggest downfall of the whole thing. I had hoped I could rip out a large part of the rear seat but leave a 40 section in place for anyone poor enough to actually want to ride in it. I guess now Ill just be pulling out the whole seat bottom and maybe building a small platform where the seat lays. Mount a chest there for my tools and I guess a rear seat passenger could sit on the hard wood if they really wanted. lol

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm middle-aged, my ass loves power seats.
Heated seats? Yes please. I'm in Ottawa, where it gets to -40C.
Heated wiper park is nice because we have freezing rain.
Remote start is a big deal because above.
The tie-down locking rails, bed liner, trailer hitch and box lighting are helpful.
The 400W inverter is the killer app however for tailgating and camping.

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
The 400W inverter is the killer app however for tailgating and camping.
I hope to see something soon on details of this. Does the truck need to be running for it to operate? Assuming so, but if not, is there a safety to keep you from draining the battery and not being able to start it? It has great possibilities, but I don't want random people charging their phone in the bed of my truck until I get a cover.

douglas685

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XL ordered, currently Honda Ridgeline
Honestly Ford.. I was ready to order an XL with lots of options... until I found out CRUISE CONTROL is unavailable. WT-Serious-F Ford??? It has Android Auto, freaking LED headlights, Safety radar/sensors... but no freaking CRUISE CONTROL??? What a joke. Holding off. I don't like the XLT or Lariat interiors. I can't believe they're doing that to potential XL buyers. Seriously how is it not even an option???

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope to see something soon on details of this. Does the truck need to be running for it to operate? Assuming so, but if not, is there a safety to keep you from draining the battery and not being able to start it? It has great possibilities, but I don't want random people charging their phone in the bed of my truck until I get a cover.
On all the other vehicles you put the car in accessory mode to run the electrical including the power point.
Sponsored