14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My cousin has owned a 2004 I believe Sport Trac since new. It’s been reliable enough that his son uses it for college today. Worst issue it had was the alternator failed once and that’s it to my knowledge.

It’s an ok truck in my opinion though. It never left me wanting to have one, it just always seemed on the cusp of being an explorer trying to be a F150...and I rather have the F150 or go the other way and have a 2 door explorer sport. I didn’t particularly feel it was that comfortable or good handling either, more body roll than I would have liked, ride was a bit rough and I found the cabin to be a bit cramped at times. That being said, it’s been a low maintenance, realiable truck for my cousin for almost 20 years, including raising a family in that time. It’s definitely a good bargain in that aspect. However it’s forgettable in my opinion which is why it’s appeal was low where the F150, no matter the generation or even the Ranger in the same aspect, always has mass appeal.

My Maverick? No comparison in my opinion. I feel the bed is more useful in the Maverick, looks great stock, the ride is worlds better, handling is great and the power from the ecoboost is way faster than the sport trac stock. But that’s why I bought it, none of the smaller trucks out there really grasped my attention like the Maverick and I couldn’t be happier to own it. But I appreciate the fact the Sport Trac laid the groundwork for it to exist today because even after driving other vehicles and then hopping in the Maverick, you can tell it was tailored to be something unique and special, but at the same time provide great utility as a truck too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CACTI_HYBRID

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
MY 2003 ST with about 139,000 miles on it is still my daily driver and we've had many great adventures together with no major repairs needed. I surely hope when, (if?), my Maverick XL comes it will be a very welcome update to what is almost 20-year-old technology however. It'll be a hard act to follow though. It does have many of the drawbacks you point out, but is still getting the job done and, (knock on wood) will keep reliably performing until the Maverick arrives.

maggie06

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 crv 2022 oxford white maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interested in buying it? Might be a long while as I haven't ordered a Maverick yet and they tell me the line for the Maverick is a very
l----o----n----g
one. 😄
Not as long as it is slooow.
Sponsored