First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I finally got to see a Maverick in person today. Corbin Ford of Nampa, Idaho had an Iconic Silver XLT in their showroom, one that had been ordered but not yet picked up by the customer.
I currently drive a 2003 Explorer Sport Trac and was very pleased to see how similar in size the Maverick is. This truck was an Ecoboost model. It would seem none of the dealers I spoke with in my area are expecting any hybrids in anytime soon. A hybrid is a must for me. My ST is still running fine and so it's that 40mpg which would be required to push me into a deal.
The XLT interior was not too shocking in the Navy Pier Blue though the lighting in the showroom was pretty dark. I thought it would be too much with a Hot Pepper Red exterior, but now having seen it think it could work.
Dealer tried to talk me into an order but I'm not sure I'm ready to commit.
Sponsored

LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've owned 2 Explorer Sport-Tracs in the past and they were awesome, but the gas mileage was absolutely dismal. Really looking forward to my Hybrid Mav...whenever I eventually get it. It's the perfect size.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I finally got to see a Maverick in person today. Corbin Ford of Nampa, Idaho had an Iconic Silver XLT in their showroom, one that had been ordered but not yet picked up by the customer.
I currently drive a 2003 Explorer Sport Trac and was very pleased to see how similar in size the Maverick is. This truck was an Ecoboost model. It would seem none of the dealers I spoke with in my area are expecting any hybrids in anytime soon. A hybrid is a must for me. My ST is still running fine and so it's that 40mpg which would be required to push me into a deal.
The XLT interior was not too shocking in the Navy Pier Blue though the lighting in the showroom was pretty dark. I thought it would be too much with a Hot Pepper Red exterior, but now having seen it think it could work.
Dealer tried to talk me into an order but I'm not sure I'm ready to commit.
Hot pepper red works with XLT- Going back and forth on that VS Cactus Grey- CG looks so much better in person than online- Actually just saw that color on a raptor and it didnt look as awesome

OP
OP
CACTI_HYBRID

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hot pepper red works with XLT- Going back and forth on that VS Cactus Grey- CG looks so much better in person than online- Actually just saw that color on a raptor and it didnt look as awesome
Saw a Cactus Gray Bronco Sport. Ok, but wish it had a touch more color. The Sage Green on the Santa Fe is closer to what I'd like.

Now having seen the interior of an XLT in person I'm thinking it would go well with the Velocity Blue.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The sport Trac was an interesting truck. If you just look at them the Maverick doesn't seem very different, but if you run down the spec sheet the Maverick wins virtually every line item. Progress is a great thing!

Sponsored

OP
OP
CACTI_HYBRID

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The sport Trac was an interesting truck. If you just look at them the Maverick doesn't seem very different, but if you run down the spec sheet the Maverick wins virtually every line item. Progress is a great thing!
My Sport Trac is an '03 so yeah..I would hope to see some progress over 18 years. 😄

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Saw a Cactus Gray Bronco Sport. Ok, but wish it had a touch more color. The Sage Green on the Santa Fe is closer to what I'd like.

Now having seen the interior of an XLT in person I'm thinking it would go well with the Velocity Blue.
Ford is changing the tinting on the different CG models in their lineup for some reason . Maverick in person is booming -
Sponsored