Maverick size

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
Would the size be comparable to a slightly smaller Sport Trac? I had one in high school and it did all I ever needed it to.
The Maverick will be smaller than the current Ranger, So it will be much smaller than the Sport Trac which was Explorer based. Welcome aboard Trey.

MarcusBrody

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Bronco Sport over Maverick Testing Mule
bandm.JPG

Maverick Testing Mule in front of Ranger
randm.JPG
From these images, I'd guess the Maverick will be about ~197 to 200 in, with my guess being closer to the latter. The Bronco is 172.7 in. The Ranger is 210.8. Doing some pixel measuring, it seems like the Maverick is about .935 of the ranger and 1.158 of the Bronco Sport. Obviously the images aren't perfectly aligned (esp. the Ranger image) and it's unclear whether the Maverick has it's final bumper, etc., but I think that it's a close guess and it would make sense.

The Bronco Sport has a cargo space length of 33 in behind the rear seats and a width of 41.5 in between the wheel wells, so if this is 26 inches longer, I'd expect maybe a 4.5 ft bed.

the1mrb

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
From these images, I'd guess the Maverick will be about ~197 to 200 in, with my guess being closer to the latter. The Bronco is 172.7 in. The Ranger is 210.8. Doing some pixel measuring, it seems like the Maverick is about .935 of the ranger and 1.158 of the Bronco Sport. Obviously the images aren't perfectly aligned (esp. the Ranger image) and it's unclear whether the Maverick has it's final bumper, etc., but I think that it's a close guess and it would make sense.

The Bronco Sport has a cargo space length of 33 in behind the rear seats and a width of 41.5 in between the wheel wells, so if this is 26 inches longer, I'd expect maybe a 4.5 ft bed.
4.5ft bed seems like a good call, just from a symmetry point with other short beds on the market.

Compact truck (Maverick): 4.5ft bed
Midsize truck (Ranger): 5ft bed
Fullsize truck (F-150): 5.5ft bed

Increasing in 6" increments as you go up in size. That would certainly please my OCD and need for patterns. haha

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500

This would be ideal for me. For the second row, would you expect the leg and head space to be similar to the Bronco Sport?

Reactions: Doc

MarcusBrody

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
This would be ideal for me. For the second row, would you expect the leg and head space to be similar to the Bronco Sport?
That was my assumption, but I was just going by leaked exterior photos so who knows if it's an accurate assumption.