First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@bob_vic, that's quite a load for the Maverick! I would have been sweating my tailgate failing with that weight on it. It's supposed to hold 400 max at the half position. I'm guessing you were real close to that mark. Your tailgate shut okay after that? No bending in the post?

Reactions: NDL
OP
OP

bob_vic

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
@bob_vic, that's quite a load for the Maverick! I would have been sweating my tailgate failing with that weight on it. It's supposed to hold 400 max at the half position. I'm guessing you were real close to that mark. Your tailgate shut okay after that? No bending in the post?
Yeah! No problems at all, the tailgate was my biggest concern but worked out okay

OP
OP

bob_vic

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
That ride angle would say youre right around your limit. Crazy that all fit under the tonneau haha howd The drive feel With the load? Braking especially i’m interested in
felt fine actually. I took it easy cause was a little nervous with just the bungee cords but seemed to break and accelerate fine with that amount of weight. Could tell when i got in it that the angle on the truck had change but wasn't a big deal

Sponsored

OP
OP

bob_vic

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Oh my mistake i thought it was a strap lol well then i hope he drove slowly lol
lol drove carefully, no issues at all

xhristian1

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ES 350

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You people love playing victim.
Not so much playing the victim as constantly hearing people with 1500 or 150s saying it's a "cute truck" or "not a real truck cause it's unibody" my funniest moment so far was someone in a 2000ish ram from a hardware store bringing out a purchase from the back room saying "ohh I thought you said you had a truck" to which I asked and he pointed his out in the lot. I said yup if you consider getting 30mpg, having all the comforts of both a truck and a car, cost 20k less than what yours would cost today and is faster then your Dodge even with all my tools in the back then ya guess its not.

xhristian1

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ES 350
Not so much playing the victim as constantly hearing people with 1500 or 150s saying it's a "cute truck" or "not a real truck cause it's unibody" my funniest moment so far was someone in a 2000ish ram from a hardware store bringing out a purchase from the back room saying "ohh I thought you said you had a truck" to which I asked and he pointed his out in the lot. I said yup if you consider getting 30mpg, having all the comforts of both a truck and a car, cost 20k less than what yours would cost today and is faster then your Dodge even with all my tools in the back then ya guess its not.
😂Where do these people exist? Is this in real life? The Honda Ridgeline group has been getting the same hate for almost a decade. Willing to bet half the people that are considered a Maverick has shitted on the Ridgeline or even a Subaru Baja for being not real trucks.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ld say that would be a max load. 28 sheets X 57lbs a sheet(1/2”)=1596lbs.

That’ll do.
Aaarrrggghhh!!!! Have to get slide rule out to calc load on tail gate. What portion of 28 sheets supported by fender wells and what portion supported by top edge of angled tail gate?🤪

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
felt fine actually. I took it easy cause was a little nervous with just the bungee cords but seemed to break and accelerate fine with that amount of weight. Could tell when i got in it that the angle on the truck had change but wasn't a big deal
Angle? = See over hood? = Ok✅

NDL

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That was my concern, by far. I wonder how the FX4 springs are set up, as compared with a base model.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Its kinda odd, but I have had the opposite experience. I had a guy in an F250 ask me how I liked the truck, we chatted for a bit and he said it was a sharp looking truck before he drove away. I had another guy at the gas station driving an F150 ask me about it, he said he was planning to put in an order in august and was happy to finally see one in person.

I only had one coworker question the truckyness of the Maverick. I just asked him if he thought the previous gen Rangers are trucks, to which he said yes. I then pointed out that the Maverick could tow more, had a higher payload and is about the same size as that gen of rangers, while getting 41mpg (my current avg measured at the pump).

Finklejag

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Needs a red flag on the portion hanging way over the tailgate.

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Bob, All these comments are from people that haul nothing but "air" in their Mavericks! It's good to know some people are using it as a truck. I'll also post my thoughts about those who complain about not getting 50+ mpg, although more then 10 mpg more then what they drove before. Some people are never happy.
Sponsored