WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/bmw-ships-cars-without-apple-google-tech

BMW is shipping new cars without Apple CarPlay and Android Auto functionality after the automaker switched chip suppliers in a move that helped it navigate the ongoing semiconductor shortage.

Customers are being asked to wait for an over-the-air update that will install new software “by the end of June at the latest,” BMW said in an emailed statement.

“The chips built into these cars in the first four months of this year need updated software in order to be fully functional and offer Apple CarPlay/Android Auto and Wi-Fi capability,” the statement said.

The company didn’t say how many models and which regions are affected, but customers from the U.S., Italy, Spain, the UK, and France have posted in forums saying their new BMWs have been delivered without the functionality.
Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thought I really needed Android Auto - Got a head unit that included it - Actually it's not awesome at all , Car play that much better ?

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 Mav XLT Lux CP360 & Ford Fusion 2014
I know my local BMW dealership owner & the manager (worked out together w a trainer pre 2020) and have talked to both of them about an EV suv coming out this fall. Both said they had minor chip issues that were going to resolve by late summer. I had told them the drama around getting our Mav and they are not having as long of delays or issues. They are one of FL largest BMW dealers. Their commercials do say that special orders come in at MSRP but vehicles in stock will not be haha!
Sponsored