Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I mixed it up trying to see what results would be. They didn’t differ. I used 85 (in CO, WY, UT and 87 in CA and NV) I did also use one full tank of 88 ethanol-free which is available ironically at Maverick branded gas stations.
COOL Ford does say Mavs should not be using 85 -)
Sponsored

tebowed

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 2.0T
Lol true! Almost all our pics are with myself and family in them. I didn’t take trip with reviewing Mav in mind. CA we were beach bums and I didn’t drive at all while there.
Hopefully you get many more trips with the family, and with the Mav.

Yardtruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2006 Sienna 2016
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well...how do you like your hybrid? Acceleration, NVH, etc.

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

One complaint is the steering. The truck tends to wander and requires constant correction. This seems to be a Ford thing that I have encountered in the past - no big deal. However, the steering effort is a bit more than I can manage without gripping the wheel with thumb and a couple of fingers. I would prefer for small corrections to be able to wrap my fingers around the wheel but without the moderate grip pressure. After 10 hours it gets a bit old.
I have to say my experience with my Fords has been just the opposite. They have always tracked very straight, no side to side corrections on the steering wheel when going down a straight road.
2011 Fiesta
2012 Focus
2018 Escape
I put the air pressure at the door sticker or about 1 lb below.

Rotortech

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Malibu, 2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
@BlueSnake77 I am playing with the air pressure. Honestly, I don't notice steering effort when driving in town. I am running 40 psi front and rear. Anyway, the steering is a minor gripe and probably just me getting old . . .

Reactions: Dad

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have to say my experience with my Fords has been just the opposite. They have always tracked very straight, no side to side corrections on the steering wheel when going down a straight road.
2011 Fiesta
2012 Focus
2018 Escape
I put the air pressure at the door sticker or about 1 lb below.
I agree with you. We had a Ford Flex and that vehicle tracked beautifully in all types of weather. I always felt in total control and it seemed to just hunker down and go with the road. Great car.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for your review….one of the main reasons I’m going with the Maverick is that it has a steel bumper that goes across the entire front covering both the driver and passenger sides; safe travels to all.
I did not know that. Good to know!

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@BlueSnake77 I am playing with the air pressure. Honestly, I don't notice steering effort when driving in town. I am running 40 psi front and rear. Anyway, the steering is a minor gripe and probably just me getting old . . .
Nah!!

stevhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
As a trucker, I'd like to thank you for the kind words. Very rarely do we ever receive positive feedback. Oh, don't get me wrong, we do receive feedback, but it usually involves a hand gesture.
Sponsored