First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will leave this pic here. Maverick is a useful vehicle, but there are better suited trucks for that much material.

0388CC71-2354-4E5B-9DCD-D48D3D916808.jpeg
FYI this reminds me of the time I helped a neighbor move 12 miles to a new home. I did a "Tokyo load" like this on my Chevy Luv pickup. Had 7 ft 2x4 cross ways on bed rails and 14 ft 2x4's front to back tied down to underneath the lying down tailgate to support the part of load cantilevered over the cab including the windshield.. wish I knew where that picture was.🤗🤗🤗
Sponsored

Phileaux

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge SEL fwd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So he makes an interesting comment that I've heard before, that it seems a lot of noise comes from the bed.

This is making me reconsider perhaps using a bedrug fully carpeted bed with a lightweight hard tonneau, and then perhaps the little bit of space behind the passenger seat filling it with moving blankets, as those are practical to have anyway and perhaps stored there they can offer a little bit of insulation bonus.
For sound transfer use peel&stick mass loaded vinyl.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

NapsterKnowHow

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Ya his tie downs could have been better but honestly it doesn't look too overloaded...

Canadian Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
One of the sketchiest tie down jobs I have seen lol. He needs a few ratchet straps!
[/QUOTE
No
Lots of good perspective from a handyman - it seems the Maverick is pretty well suited to being put to work! It does have a couple of limitations just due to the size and the unibody platform, but it looks like it’s more than enough for a DIYer.

Not sketchy at all if the knots are tied properly. Ratchet straps have only been around for 10 minutes compared to how long people have been tying knots. He seems the type to know what's he doing.

Sponsored

James Smith

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
One of the sketchiest tie down jobs I have seen lol. He needs a few ratchet straps!
Yes. The first rule in transporting a load, should be ; " Secure the load" . No matter how small the Trucked. I have a " Gorrilla " cargo net in my Ranger, it works great. It also has ratchet straps, if needed

GJohnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'94 Taurus SHO, '68 Galaxie 500 conv, '18 BMW 340i
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It seems to be a common problem to underestimate the power of wind, especially at freeway speeds. Most likely because people don't ever physically experience the effects of sustained 70 mph winds. Maybe all new pickup owners should be required to ride in the box of their truck (strapped in, of course) for a couple freeway miles to "feel" it before they take delivery of their trucks?
Sponsored