Mac

First Name
Malcolm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Focus ZTS/2011 Yukon Sport/ 22 MAVI XLT
To All Who Love The Cold...

I finally reached the 1000 mile milestone in my Maverick.

Here is what I love...
Great gas mileage for my driving style: I'm a hammer down kind of guy. The eco mode is saving me money. Around town I avg 18-22.5. Freeway around 25-35.
Head Turner: Minneapolis is F-150 country so driving around with the compact Maverick is a definite conversation starter.
Unique Color: Alto Blue is No Longer Available for Minnesota Residents 😉.
Sport Mode is a Must: If you don't plan to live off road, Don't purchase it! You are missing out on the snap back of the AWD sport mode.
Tight Parking King: If I could only tell you how well this truck maneuvers through tight parking spaces in Uptown. Thank you Ford!

My Don't Likes...
More Torque: Who doesn't like more power!
Nesting Squirrels: The soy based parts are costing me cash. Minny is home to tons of pesky critters. Ford please do something 😔😣.

Fantastic Truck! Hang in there for those who are still waiting!

Ford Maverick 1000 Mile Review From Minny 20220503_095831

Ford Maverick 1000 Mile Review From Minny 20220503_095827

Ford Maverick 1000 Mile Review From Minny 20220502_121037

Ford Maverick 1000 Mile Review From Minny 20220501_174846

Ford Maverick 1000 Mile Review From Minny 20220401_134037

Ford Maverick 1000 Mile Review From Minny 20220316_162919
Sponsored

Guilla

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Hybrid XLT w/Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Drove mine downtown Minnie this weekend and around the metro. After driving a week in North Dakota at high speeds and no stopping man you can see the advantages of the Hybrid drivetrain around the city and in fast traffic. Was a dream on the highway and downtown.

Reactions: Mac

Maverick&Goose

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 F350
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats from another Minny Mav owner and also an Alto Blue fan. I love mine and it's definitely a conversation starter. I've been stopped 3 times to talk about this awesome little vehicle. I'm really close to my 1000 mile review too. If you are in the Shoreview area and see an Alto Blue mav come say hi if I'm in the vicinity of it lol Happy motoring!

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the squirrel warning! Whenever I receive mine I'll have to find some way to ward them off. It looks like my June order parked behind you!

Younglefthander

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat, 22 Bronco Sport Big Ben
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Squirrels. You say squirrels! Squirrels got into our 2021 Ranger. Did some damage for sure.
tried using diluted peppermint oil in a spray bottle. That’s a pain to keep doing that. So I purchased some electronic rodent repellent off of Amazon. Super easy to install. Hoping this is the solution to that problem.

Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had rodents eat right through my spark plug wires a few years back. They're mostly filled with some carbon material these days. The little devils can eat right through them. They also took out the air filter for a nest. It was only parked one week. They had babies in my air filter.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the squirrel warning! Whenever I receive mine I'll have to find some way to ward them off. It looks like my June order parked behind you!
Squirrels. You say squirrels! Squirrels got into our 2021 Ranger. Did some damage for sure.
tried using diluted peppermint oil in a spray bottle. That’s a pain to keep doing that. So I purchased some electronic rodent repellent off of Amazon. Super easy to install. Hoping this is the solution to that problem.
Had 2018 frontier pickup get rats under hood. Dealer said they had about one a month. Got both wiring harnesses battery cables, plastic corner off fuse panel, and other stuff. Check engine light came on. Did recommended reset in manual. Light came back on so drove to dealer per manual. Took 9-10 weeks for backordered harnesses to come in due to demand. Thank insurance $25 comprehensive coverage deductable paying rest of $5,489.00 tab. Truck now has 2 separate under the hood motion activated varmint noisemakers!!🤗🤗

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
howdy neighbor! Will hit the 1,000 mile marker this weekend. I've had the truck for 19 days. Got to get those break-in miles. Damn squirrels! They love going after my bird feeders Nerf guns get rid of them pretty quick 😁 SKOL!

Ford Maverick 1000 Mile Review From Minny Screenshot_20220503-173258

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We haven't had a critter problem since hawks and owls hunt our place. We see hawks during the day and hear the owls at night.
It might not be ideal for your situation, but I have encouraged the owls buy installing an owl house in the trees. The hawk population in Iowa have exploded in recent years, so, good job guys!

Maybe try some fox urine on the pavement around your tires. . . most outdoor related stores carry something like it. Also, Lowes, Home Depot and Amazon.
Sponsored