minnow

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Miata, 2007 V8 4Runner, 2019 GTI SE 6MT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lots of good perspective from a handyman - it seems the Maverick is pretty well suited to being put to work! It does have a couple of limitations just due to the size and the unibody platform, but it looks like it’s more than enough for a DIYer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
minnow

minnow

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Miata, 2007 V8 4Runner, 2019 GTI SE 6MT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One of the sketchiest tie down jobs I have seen lol. He needs a few ratchet straps!
Saying ‘that’s not going anywhere’ with your hands on your hips will absolutely make up for it. It’s science.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Saying ‘that’s not going anywhere’ with your hands on your hips will absolutely make up for it. It’s science.
Scariest words ever heard, now with hand motions.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw a guy lose what looked like 30-40, 16 foot deck boards out the back of his truck at a stop light a while back. People seriously need to pay more attention to their tie down/strapping. I can't even imagine how bad that would have been if he had lost that lumber on the 70mph highway he was heading towards.

Sponsored

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lots of good perspective from a handyman - it seems the Maverick is pretty well suited to being put to work! It does have a couple of limitations just due to the size and the unibody platform, but it looks like it’s more than enough for a DIYer.

I saw a guy lose what looked like 30-40, 16 foot deck boards out the back of his truck at a stop light a while back. People seriously need to pay more attention to their tie down/strapping. I can't even imagine how bad that would have been if he had lost that lumber on the 70mph highway he was heading towards.
Years ago, I had just gotten onto the Interstate and got behind a pickup truck with a contractor table saw in the bed. Since I did not see any tie downs over the top of the saw, I moved over a lane. Not ten seconds later, that saw flipped over the tailgate and hit the pavement where I would have been. Thank you angels......

farleyt88

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT & 2022 Ford Explorer XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You could get a stubby antenna and lower the bed racks some. Also, you could mount hooks or something on the inside of the racks to hold the ladder and portable table saw stand. Would save you some bed space.

Sponsored

Dagreeny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2922 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just think of the nice airfoil he has made to add lift to his truck not to mention the center of gravity on turns.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So he makes an interesting comment that I've heard before, that it seems a lot of noise comes from the bed.

This is making me reconsider perhaps using a bedrug fully carpeted bed with a lightweight hard tonneau, and then perhaps the little bit of space behind the passenger seat filling it with moving blankets, as those are practical to have anyway and perhaps stored there they can offer a little bit of insulation bonus.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So he makes an interesting comment that I've heard before, that it seems a lot of noise comes from the bed.
People are having that issue? I haven't encountered it yet - only noise I've heard from the bed is when I left a strap loose and loadless and it spent 45 minutes on the highway tapping against the bed as it swung.

The only real noise issue I've had is with the hybrid transmission. If youre going down a really steep road for an extended period, the Regen brake gets LOUD. I thought it was going to tear itself apart the first time I heard it.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

This is making me reconsider perhaps using a bedrug fully carpeted bed with a lightweight hard tonneau, and then perhaps the little bit of space behind the passenger seat filling it with moving blankets, as those are practical to have anyway and perhaps stored there they can offer a little bit of insulation bonus.

One thing I was not clear on is if he was saying the bed noise was with the rear seats up or down. I noticed in my civic, if I have the rear seats folded down, I hear a whole lot more sound out of the trunk area than with them up.
Sponsored