David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

As can be seen by the pictures, the back corners hang out the back corners quite a bit. I'm not sure that I have a front of the bed (back window) completely sealed as the clips to hold the cover when folded are in the way and prevent the front seal from completely making contact with the rail. The clips would not be an issue if the bed was not connected to the cab - one of the flaws with uni-body construction.

The clips that hold the cover down are a bit of a pain to use, but I understood that when I bought the cover and I don't need to access the bed on a daily basis - if I did, this would be a deal breaker as you have to undo each section from the right side and then the left (or vice versa). That is two clips for each section.

The installation was straight forward - only issue was the front clamps needed to be forced past the threads in order to get them to work correctly.

I don't know if it is "waterproof" as advertised -- I'll follow up on this review later. If it is, then it is worth the value price (under $500 on Amazon) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BHVYB6HM?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details compared to other covers for the Maverick being offered at this time.
Ford Maverick Lyon Cover Hard Tri-Fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover for 2022 2023 Maverick Review IMG_3947
Ford Maverick Lyon Cover Hard Tri-Fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover for 2022 2023 Maverick Review IMG_3946
Ford Maverick Lyon Cover Hard Tri-Fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover for 2022 2023 Maverick Review IMG_3945
Ford Maverick Lyon Cover Hard Tri-Fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover for 2022 2023 Maverick Review IMG_3944
Sponsored

WildHorse

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got the the same in hope that no rail makes easy to add bed extender?

OP
OP
dhill59

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I got the the same in hope that no rail makes easy to add bed extender?
FACT on no rails. Just clamps that utilize the bed edge to hold it on.

72Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I posted this on another thread but you can make your cover fit much better if you drill out the rivets and remove the front brackets. They stick out too far, design flaw.

I finally got my Maverick and bought a hard tonneau cover on Ebay ($430 then then they offered $409) I discovered why some covers fit well and some extend too far at the tailgate. The tie down brackets at the front at the rear window were sticking out too far and would not allow the cover to fit close to the window. I drilled out the rivets that hold the strap brackets and removed them. Then plugged the holes with some short screws I had. This let the cover move forward about 3/4" and fits nice at the tailgate. The brackets on dcp2's cover look to be a different design with rivets drilled from the top and allow the cover to go all the way to the rear window. These brackets are only used to secure the cover with the clip in straps when you are driving with the cover folded up to the window. I'll just figure out another way to secure it if I ever find myself doing that. I'm not sure how to find out which brackets are on the Ebay covers but I believe the cover itself is identical. Just wanted to let anybody considering one to know they can be easily modified. Other than that these covers are well made and should last a long time.

Ford Maverick Lyon Cover Hard Tri-Fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover for 2022 2023 Maverick Review 1676590195870
Sponsored