Sponsored

Maverick issues; lawsuit? Class Action???

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Ford XL Basic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda cx5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your report sounds like a winner.
So lets look at it a little differently. Suppose you brought your new Maverick in for service , all the work was done, but they installed an aftermarket alteration without your permission at a cost of $1,000 and expected you to pay for it. When you refused they kept the car until payment was received. Well that was done to me by the selling dealer but before I even took possession of my Maverick. Subsequently they returned my deposit and check and sold my Maverick.

Stevo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stevo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really thought this was satire, but now I am questioning myself. Guys, you're really joking right? Guys? Come on now guys...the jokes over.. not funny anymore!! ??? Or is it not a joke after all?

RJames

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK XLT, CHEVY S-10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My biggest problem is that every once in a while I reach for the fan control knob on my XLT when parking instead of the gear shift knob. I look around to see if anyone notice my stupidity and swear to do better next time.
Still reaching for the gear shift stick on center console 6 months into it!

Sponsored

Fastbackjon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0, 18 Flex, 20 Edge, 21 Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got my maverick about a month ago and wouldn't you know it, there was an air bag light on and it had to go back to the dealer who had it for a week fixing it. It was also shifting hard and getting poor mileage and it seemed like there was something wrong with the transmission. The service techs reset the transmission so it would learn to shift again. I had to drive a loaner while they fixed all the problems under warranty. The air bag light went off and the transmission shifts normally.

THEN, I had to take it on a fairly long trip and was on the road for more than 8 hours. When I got in the car and started it, it turned over with no problem but then it kept running. I kept thinking it was going to die on my but it kept running no problem.

THEN I went to connect my phone via android auto and it hooked right up without trouble. The map displayed on the screen and the navigation information correctly. Thought for sure the radio was going to mess up but nope, it played music while the navigation was running. I was even able to make phone calls over the system.

The mav ran ok but when we got to our destination I was low on gas. After filling up and calculating the mileage manually, I discovered that the on screen mpg display was accurate within a tenth of a mile. The tires held the correct pressure and the onscreen display was accurate for that, too.

Finally, when we were heading home it got dark and I had to put the headlights on. Little did I know the automatic high beams would work perfectly. So frustrating.

So the question is, how can I raise a stink online and threaten Ford with legal action if they fix every problem promptly under warranty and everything else just works? Is there some sort of law I can use to file a suit? :mad:
Here is my list of 5 issues to add when you get the class action lawsuit going. Count me in.
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For the past week, we've been doing a lot of driving on rural Maine roads and the Maverick 2.0 EB is averaging 34 MPG. My wife says it's doing better than her 2018 Fusion, which gets only around 31 on the same roads. Maybe I can sue Ford for making a truck that gets better mileage than a sedan and thereby causing my wife emotional distress (i.e., jealousy).

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am assuming that you have lived a blessed life; void of all confrontations and disapointments. It may have all started when you received the big participant trophy playing little league. If you are serious about litigation over corrected circumstances maybe I should join you. My local Ford dealer had my Maverick 28 days for the fuel tank recall. Boo Hoo !

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think we have a solid case here. By any chance, when you put it into gear did it drive normally? Because that would definitely be grounds to sue.
If the horn doesn't toot at the appropriate time and the driver has to, any good lawyer should see a slam dunk!

Sponsored

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
I got my maverick about a month ago and wouldn't you know it, there was an air bag light on and it had to go back to the dealer who had it for a week fixing it. It was also shifting hard and getting poor mileage and it seemed like there was something wrong with the transmission. The service techs reset the transmission so it would learn to shift again. I had to drive a loaner while they fixed all the problems under warranty. The air bag light went off and the transmission shifts normally.

THEN, I had to take it on a fairly long trip and was on the road for more than 8 hours. When I got in the car and started it, it turned over with no problem but then it kept running. I kept thinking it was going to die on my but it kept running no problem.

THEN I went to connect my phone via android auto and it hooked right up without trouble. The map displayed on the screen and the navigation information correctly. Thought for sure the radio was going to mess up but nope, it played music while the navigation was running. I was even able to make phone calls over the system.

The mav ran ok but when we got to our destination I was low on gas. After filling up and calculating the mileage manually, I discovered that the on screen mpg display was accurate within a tenth of a mile. The tires held the correct pressure and the onscreen display was accurate for that, too.

Finally, when we were heading home it got dark and I had to put the headlights on. Little did I know the automatic high beams would work perfectly. So frustrating.

So the question is, how can I raise a stink online and threaten Ford with legal action if they fix every problem promptly under warranty and everything else just works? Is there some sort of law I can use to file a suit? :mad:
Like the idiots that sued Ford for the 2002 F350 roll over crash, The problem was the Roof of the truck did not have to meet the standards that they sued for and they won the suit for some ridiculous amount that will be over turned. People want perfection but do not understand that they must maintain the equipment. This is a reason priced transportation product, if you want perfection….
WALK…. G-d created legs not engines and transmissions!

OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really thought this was satire, but now I am questioning myself. Guys, you're really joking right? Guys? Come on now guys...the jokes over.. not funny anymore!! ??? Or is it not a joke after all?
I think I'll sue you too. For reasons.

OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
Decayed

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For the past week, we've been doing a lot of driving on rural Maine roads and the Maverick 2.0 EB is averaging 34 MPG. My wife says it's doing better than her 2018 Fusion, which gets only around 31 on the same roads. Maybe I can sue Ford for making a truck that gets better mileage than a sedan and thereby causing my wife emotional distress (i.e., jealousy).
Sounds solid. A jury will agree. Big bux reward in 3, 2, 1,....
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.