clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ohh, yeah there definitely is that. It’s legally mandated. It sounds reasonable on the Fusion Hybrid and I imagine it’s the same.
The Toyota sound is out of this world…

hah I just watched that a minute ago trying to find other examples, that is bizarre
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ah I maybe misread the first question about fake sound — I’m wondering if there is external artificial (i.e. safety) sound since the hybrid can theoretically be in EV mode at pedestrian-injuring speeds, and also the ICE can turn off during deceleration at even higher speeds, right? I saw that there’s an artificIal backup sound from video reviews since thats EV only in reverse.
Typically the pedestrian alert noises shut off over 15-20 mph as then the wheel/aero noise of the vehicle is loud enough to be noticeable.

pointillistic

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
I really really doubt it. Auto makers only usually do this on performance vehicles to make it seen more familiar or natural, but the hybrid already sounds strange with the eCVT keeping the revs up. The appeal of hybrid isquietness and fuel economy. Fake noises are out of character
We had a million rides now and no one spoke about this and other important questions. All these promo videos are just a marketing fluff. Very annoying.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All hybrids beep in reverse. My 2021 escape scares my wife in reverse she thinks the door is ajar. Someday i will tell her the truth.

Hope4jsl

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux Ecoboost
Wow, the sound of the RAV4 backing up is annoying! I hope the Maverick backing up doesn’t sound anything like that. It seems like I remember one review video showing it backing up and it was just making a small beep sound. I can’t remember which video it was on now…

I would much prefer the beep over the sound the RAV4 makes personally.

Sponsored

FLAirGunner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing yet!
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought all the Hybrids were delayed awaiting EPA approval? Did I miss something? How did this guy get a Hybrid delivered?

Anyway, it was a great video, and like others mentioned, he should have reset the trip meter before making the video!

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow, the sound of the RAV4 backing up is annoying! I hope the Maverick backing up doesn’t sound anything like that. It seems like I remember one review video showing it backing up and it was just making a small beep sound. I can’t remember which video it was on now…
TFL Truck's video.

I thought all the Hybrids were delayed awaiting EPA approval? Did I miss something? How did this guy get a Hybrid delivered?
Presumably the same press event in Nashville the other drive reviews are from.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Weird question but the ball game is not going my way- is that what cicadas sound like in the beginning? I mean the loud background noise.

StephanWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Weird question but the ball game is not going my way- is that what cicadas sound like in the beginning? I mean the loud background noise.
Probably. Here is what it sounds like in Oklahoma at night from my back porch.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: TCK

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh man I'm so excited! I just heard from my dealer and mine should be arriving around the end of the month.. I feel like a kid again literally counting the days out of excitement! 🤣

To anyone who has received their Maverick: do you know what kind of financing deals Ford is offering?
36 months @ 0%
48 months @ .9%
60 months @ 1.9%
72 months @ 3.9%
84 months @ 5.9%
Tier 1 and 2 credit rating

Sponsored

Bandog

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lt
Sounds beautiful,but the signal ping is Abit annoying

ChopperPilot6

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

36 months @ 0%
48 months @ .9%
60 months @ 1.9%
72 months @ 3.9%
84 months @ 5.9%
Tier 1 and 2 credit rating
Great, thank you! Not amazing deals but pretty decent, I'll probably go for the 60 months.

Kelanc

First Name
Kelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini coop
All Weather Floor Liner observation; if you pause the video at exactly 3:26 you will see the floor liners are Tan. Other pictures and videos of the XLT they are Grey. Since there is only one part number to order the liners how do we know if we will get Tan or Grey? I want the Grey ones.
yikes!
Sponsored