First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650r, Suzuki SX4, Buell blast 500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In my opinion fords dinging sounds are so much better than any other car company currently

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
Sounds like (no pun intended) the car review for ASMR enthusiasts.

Even as a non-ASMR-enthusiast, it was interesting to clearly hear all the different sounds the components make since that's what you'll be hearing on a daily basis.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It would have been nice if the trip counter was reset at the start of the actual drive and that ECO drive mode was selected at the start and not half way through the drive.

Otherwise I did enjoy the drive.

Sponsored

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All Weather Floor Liner observation; if you pause the video at exactly 3:26 you will see the floor liners are Tan. Other pictures and videos of the XLT they are Grey. Since there is only one part number to order the liners how do we know if we will get Tan or Grey? I want the Grey ones.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All Weather Floor Liner observation; if you pause the video at exactly 3:26 you will see the floor liners are Tan. Other pictures and videos of the XLT they are Grey. Since there is only one part number to order the liners how do we know if we will get Tan or Grey? I want the Grey ones.
Update, with the video stopped at 4:55 the front liners look Grey/Charcoal; Is it just the lighting?

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do not like the way the hybrid sounds under full acceleration.

thosw

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I must be missing something. I viewed the digital dashboard display at one point in the video using a magnifying glass and the number next to the gas pump icon appears to be 12.4 mpg. Obviously that doesn’t seem right at all. Can someone straighten me out?

PougueForLife

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Georgetta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick, as of March 3, 2023
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
EXCELLENT!!! I. CAN. NOT. WAIT.

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I must be missing something. I viewed the digital dashboard display at one point in the video using a magnifying glass and the number next to the gas pump icon appears to be 12.4 mpg. Obviously that doesn’t seem right at all. Can someone straighten me out?
That was because the Maverick had 53:21 minutes with the doors open and the AC running and not moving thus causing the ICE to run while pictures/video and other things happened.

As I mentioned earlier it would have been nice if he reset the trip computer and was in ECO Drive Mode from the start of the actual drive. He didn't switch to ECO until about 5 minutes into the drive.

First video is queued to start of drive. Note the 53:21 time and 1.2 MPG over that time. Second video is queued to when he changed Drive Mode to ECO:

Ford Maverick Maverick Hybrid - POV Video - Pure Driving & Sounds 53.21 Minutes 1.2 MPG.JPG

Last edited:

Ravenstill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 First Edition Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m just gonna watch this video over and over again and imagine I’m driving my maverick…

…except mine is Area 51…and I live in the Texas panhandle so there are none of these trees…or hills…or grass…or really the color green…

thosw

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That was because the Maverick had 53:21 minutes with the doors open and the AC running and not moving thus causing the ICE to run while pictures/video and other things happened.

As I mentioned earlier it would have been nice if he reset the trip computer and was in ECO Drive Mode from the start of the actual drive. He didn't switch to ECO until the drive was half done.

Video queued to start of drive. Note the 53:21 time and 1.2 MPG over that time:

53.21 Minutes 1.2 MPG.JPG
Thanks for straightening me out!

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sure looks like SW Ohio scenery (near the Ohio river)

I have a question. When the gauge is in the green, is that battery? When it is in the white is that ICE power?

Last edited:

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a question. When the gauge is in the green, is that battery? When it is in the white is that ICE power?
Yes.

Ford Maverick Maverick Hybrid - POV Video - Pure Driving & Sounds Instrument Cluster.JPG

Ford Maverick Maverick Hybrid - POV Video - Pure Driving & Sounds Power Guage.JPG
Sponsored