First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got away from these Chapman folks at the beginning and it was all based on "principal"... they changed a really small fee from my ORIGINAL quote and I called them out - without any discussion - they cancelled my order. I may get some "push back" from those on here that found this dealer to be legit - and that my complaint was ridiculous... but it appears that the "principal" violation is coming true to form at a larger amount.
Haha I remember you. They did the right thing to cancel your order
Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
~$100k 100% perfect buying experience from Chapman 3 months ago lead me to order a Maverick from them..

flyjum

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered from Chapman in June, modified my order early July, and did no changes afterwards.

Chapman honored the ORIGINAL invoice pricing minus 4% and I was able to also get the original Ford financing offer (0% for 36 months). Honoring the original deal vs. Ford's December price increase saved me over $1000 (because my order was Lariat + Lux + Sunroof + CP 360).

ETA: I picked up my truck 4/1/22.

I did have a PCO from Ford (expiring 4/4/22) for $750 that I wasn't able to use. The issue (which they showed me) is that if they used the price protection (order date of July), then the PCO didn't show up in Smart Vincent. If they used the sale date (4/1), then the PCO could be used but then no price protection (and no 0% 36 month deal). Given the price diff of > $1000 is more than the $750 route, I went with the price protection date.

For background, my July MSRP price was $32,155. My July Invoice price $31,329 and the Window Sticker (reflecting the Ford price increase) $33,245. My price was $31,329 - 4% = $30,077. (Plus the $422 doc fee and NYS title fee that is not on the dealer).

So I got the truck for $3,168 UNDER sticker, plus the $422 = $2746. I will take it, and I wouldn't call that shady.
This is exactly what they told me too. If you add a rebate it conflicts with the order date thus removing the original MSRP/invoice prices that ford originally offered. The price they said back in august was the price I paid.

I had a great experience buying from chapman. Drop ship worked out fine they didn't even ask for transport a deposit like they originally said. They overnighted all of the documents and even included prepaid overnight envelopes to return the signed documents. They then overnighted a temporary PA plate to me. Overnight is not cheap.

After the purchase they even followed up calling me to walk through connecting the FordPass app to the order so I could get 42k points which is worth 3x oil changes at any ford dealer.

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Shooooooot, my doc fee here in Wisconsin was $599.

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered from Chapman in June, modified my order early July, and did no changes afterwards.

Chapman honored the ORIGINAL invoice pricing minus 4% and I was able to also get the original Ford financing offer (0% for 36 months). Honoring the original deal vs. Ford's December price increase saved me over $1000 (because my order was Lariat + Lux + Sunroof + CP 360).

ETA: I picked up my truck 4/1/22.

I did have a PCO from Ford (expiring 4/4/22) for $750 that I wasn't able to use. The issue (which they showed me) is that if they used the price protection (order date of July), then the PCO didn't show up in Smart Vincent. If they used the sale date (4/1), then the PCO could be used but then no price protection (and no 0% 36 month deal). Given the price diff of > $1000 is more than the $750 route, I went with the price protection date.

For background, my July MSRP price was $32,155. My July Invoice price $31,329 and the Window Sticker (reflecting the Ford price increase) $33,245. My price was $31,329 - 4% = $30,077. (Plus the $422 doc fee and NYS title fee that is not on the dealer).

So I got the truck for $3,168 UNDER sticker, plus the $422 = $2746. I will take it, and I wouldn't call that shady.
Thats great deal. Did you finance it?

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, my bad with the wording on that part of my post. The msrp for the Lariat is $37,165 and the msrp for the XLT is $29,450. After looking at the figures, closer to $8K less. Thanks for pointing that out.
MSRP was 25,590 for me. .Is it because of all the add ons? That's 3,860 difference

C J Cox

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
MSRP was 25,590 for me. .Is it because of all the add ons? That's 3,860 difference
$29,450 MSRP is total base and options including D & D.

Sponsored

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thats great deal. Did you finance it?
Yes. I wasn't going to, but free money is free money.

I was really surprised Ford approved the financing as I also fully financed my early December Bronco Sport Badlands (also 36 month 0%). My monthly on the BS Badlands is $1005, and $920 on the Maverick. OUCH. The good news is that I was going to pay cash, so it is just an auto payment from an account.

I still need to figure out what I am keeping and what I am selling. I have the Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid, the 21 Bronco Sport Badlands and a 2015 F-150. All have their pro's and con's. I really like the Maverick so far - great gas mileage (42.5 MPG on 585 miles). The BS Badlands is smaller length wise and is a much better off-road and winter vehicle (AWD w/locking rear), also quick to drive w/the 2.0L EB but has mediocre gas mileage (been getting 24-25 so far). The F150 is in great shape, has a little over 80K miles...and quite useful for towing real things, carrying wood. Harder to park and mileage is great for its size/weight (I've gotten around 20MPG over its life). But each of these has to be insured and has general "care and feeding" to consider.

When I got the BS Badlands, I figured I would take delivery on the Maverick and then sell it. Now I am not sure what to do.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes. I wasn't going to, but free money is free money.

I was really surprised Ford approved the financing as I also fully financed my early December Bronco Sport Badlands (also 36 month 0%). My monthly on the BS Badlands is $1005, and $920 on the Maverick. OUCH. The good news is that I was going to pay cash, so it is just an auto payment from an account.

I still need to figure out what I am keeping and what I am selling. I have the Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid, the 21 Bronco Sport Badlands and a 2015 F-150. All have their pro's and con's. I really like the Maverick so far - great gas mileage (42.5 MPG on 585 miles). The BS Badlands is smaller length wise and is a much better off-road and winter vehicle (AWD w/locking rear), also quick to drive w/the 2.0L EB but has mediocre gas mileage (been getting 24-25 so far). The F150 is in great shape, has a little over 80K miles...and quite useful for towing real things, carrying wood. Harder to park and mileage is great for its size/weight (I've gotten around 20MPG over its life). But each of these has to be insured and has general "care and feeding" to consider.

When I got the BS Badlands, I figured I would take delivery on the Maverick and then sell it. Now I am not sure what to do.
With gas being what is and maverick being trucky id sell the bronco but that just me,. If you need longer bed you have f-150 for whatever reason like wood etc.

Koybot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 A51FE
i dunno, it's always a bit odd to me that people are so quick to attack businesses for trying to make a profit. this is capitalism, straight up, no one is forcing anyone to buy anything at any price. love it or leave it
as for markups, i got my window sticker from ford long before the truck was even shipped off and there were already increases in the cost of some of the components, not that i was thrilled about it but not outside my expectations given how difficult it is to manufacture anything right now.
and to be fair, i never ever once got any guarantee from anyone that the price would never change, my initial order clearly state is was a preview, that what i signed to place said order was not an invoice and stated as much. the only guarantee i ever even heard of i thought was in regards to Ford holding 2022 pricing for trucks moving into the 2023 year model due to low production rates. even when the price gouging was happenening at the beginning of deliveries, ford said they had heard about it and knewwho the dealerships were but there were not any concrete actions they could take other than reducing that dealerships allocations to discourage it. again, capitalisms in full effect.

dont get me wrong, i have no love for dealerships or salesman, any more than any other kind of business, but its confusing to me when people get so irate over small increases like there was some sort of guarantee in life that youll get everything you were ever promised. especially here when it sounds to me like they are honoring their initial agreement, or at least pretty close.

if you dont like the price, dont buy it. if you feel lied to about it, walk away and buy from someone else and reward them instead (which it sounds like this person did so good for them). there are other cars/trucks on the market readily available.
if a law was broken, by all means pursue it as you are entitled to, but i fail to see if that's happened here or in any of the other rants about this subject. none of this here escalates to 'full scumbag' IMO.

for me, i got my truck finally, i paid about what i expected to (within 5% or so) and it was an incredibly great value to begin with, and interests rates that i literally did not believe when they were presented to me by ford. so i don't feel like i have much room to complain. i'm happy to have it and don't feel cheated in any way.

long live capitalism :)
Sponsored