Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was in my old store a few days ago and saw that Extang or Truxedo has used a Maverick for a display placard on a demo tonno cover.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes they did! Good comparison!

And people ponied up big $$ for that option, if I remember correctly.
I had an Eddie Bauer Explorer, Dark Green and Gold. I was really something back then!;)

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

richman555

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Engine
Undecided
This is great. This goes to show the impact the Maverick has made!

J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, when you have already sold all that you can make for the next year, advertising is VeRy ImPoRtAnT... I suppose it makes for good brand awareness but Ford doesn't need more people to order and be frustrated by the ordering process than they already have.
Having worked in catalog design for many years, I'll guarantee there would've had to have been a shiny blue oval dead center of the cover for Ford to have sponsored. No money was transferred on this one, just total coincidence based on what props/models/vehicle was available that day for the photographers.

Javo65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, when you have already sold all that you can make for the next year, advertising is VeRy ImPoRtAnT... I suppose it makes for good brand awareness but Ford doesn't need more people to order and be frustrated by the ordering process than they already have.
Ever since buying my Maverick I've been flooded with ads that this manufacturer or that one has developed their own version of the Maverick truck that's going to be introduced within the next couple years and they claim it will wipe out Maverick sales. The competition has seen Ford's success with this truck and are hopping on the bandwagon. So... Yes... Advertising is important.

Sponsored

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While it's nice to see the Maverick on this catalog, my takeaway is next time I won't need to take TWO trips when hauling my apples and firewood. One trip will suffice! This is going to bump MPGs massively!

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ever since buying my Maverick I've been flooded with ads that this manufacturer or that one has developed their own version of the Maverick truck that's going to be introduced within the next couple years and they claim it will wipe out Maverick sales. The competition has seen Ford's success with this truck and are hopping on the bandwagon. So... Yes... Advertising is important.
You don't need an ad when you cant keep up with demand. The Bronco has been out for two years now and I still haven't seen an ad for it. When demand stabilizes, yes, but not now.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Having worked in catalog design for many years, I'll guarantee there would've had to have been a shiny blue oval dead center of the cover for Ford to have sponsored. No money was transferred on this one, just total coincidence based on what props/models/vehicle was available that day for the photographers.
They need to get more happy Maverick owners on the road! The truck will sell itself.
Perhaps someday we'll find out exactly what was causing the delay. Lack of capacity, parts, growing pains?
Sponsored