First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Camping at Ft. Pickens near Pensacola this past weekend. Saw three other Mavericks, one of each trim and at least one obvious hybrid, in the same campground. (pics are all my truck)

Averaged just over 30mpg for the weekend with a full load of gear and scouts.

Ford Maverick Maverick Camping near Pensacola FL this past weekend 1713236722419-sz

Ford Maverick Maverick Camping near Pensacola FL this past weekend 1713236639934-to

Ford Maverick Maverick Camping near Pensacola FL this past weekend 1713236673265-di
Sponsored

Hunters Edge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 crew
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds and looks like a great time. Appreciate the pictures.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You're in my neck of the woods! We've lived in Pensacola since 1993. Were you staying at Ft. Pickens National Park's campground? Be careful of the rattle snakes there!! I used to bike ride from the Pensacola Beach Ball to Fort Pickens and back several times a week. I've seen many of rattlesnakes cross my path.

Panther City Outdoors

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted to come down there last week to go beach detecting, but the weather was not good. Love the beach and that blue you have is sweet lookin' too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pensacola is my next stop! Was in Port St. Joe/Cape San Blas camping in November. Gorgeous area!
Love that area! The state park was hands down my favorite ever before Michael destroyed it. Need to go back now that it has reopened.

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You're in my neck of the woods! We've lived in Pensacola since 1993. Were you staying at Ft. Pickens National Park's campground? Be careful of the rattle snakes there!! I used to bike ride from the Pensacola Beach Ball to Fort Pickens and back several times a week. I've seen many of rattlesnakes cross my path.
Yep. From Alabama, so snakes are always on the mind. But in the roughly annual trip the scouts make there, I've never seen one.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Camping at Ft. Pickens near Pensacola this past weekend. Saw three other Mavericks, one of each trim and at least one obvious hybrid, in the same campground. (pics are all my truck)

Averaged just over 30mpg for the weekend with a full load of gear and scouts.

1713236722419-sz.jpg

1713236639934-to.jpg

1713236673265-di.jpg
Awesome pics, glad you're enjoying your Maverick. Thanks for sharing! :)

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Love that area! The state park was hands down my favorite ever before Michael destroyed it. Need to go back now that it has reopened.
I found the area to be very post-apocalyptic looking, but you're right - that park was amazing! The pine trees are pretty much naked except for some tufts here and there, and to see how close some of those newer homes are built on the beachfront (gulf side) makes me wonder if people are buying who are wealthy and have no issues paying exorbitant homeowners insurance rates, or simply don't carry insurance but have the financial means to rebuild if the SHTF. Beautiful for sure! Made me want to move there even with the inherent risk involved. However, I've lived beachside on the east coast of FL since 2013 and we have yet to evacuate for any hurricanes even though we only live 1/10th of a mile to the actual beach.

Check out some of the YouTube footage from when Michael rolled through. I noticed when we were in Port St. Joe that the Burger King never did get rebuilt.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I found the area to be very post-apocalyptic looking, but you're right - that park was amazing! The pine trees are pretty much naked except for some tufts here and there, and to see how close some of those newer homes are built on the beachfront (gulf side) makes me wonder if people are buying who are wealthy and have no issues paying exorbitant homeowners insurance rates, or simply don't carry insurance but have the financial means to rebuild if the SHTF. Beautiful for sure! Made me want to move there even with the inherent risk involved. However, I've lived beachside on the east coast of FL since 2013 and we have yet to evacuate for any hurricanes even though we only live 1/10th of a mile to the actual beach.

Check out some of the YouTube footage from when Michael rolled through. I noticed when we were in Port St. Joe that the Burger King never did get rebuilt.
Some of those homes were wiped out with hurricanes Ivan, Dennis, Sally,, Katrina, and a few others that hit us indirectly, or directly the past few decades. Some of the homes that are being built will be for AirBnB, rentals for tourism, and some are used to hold destination weddings and family reunions. Some will be a permanent residents for the rich and not so famous.

Sponsored

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some of those homes were wiped out with hurricanes Ivan, Dennis, Sally,, Katrina, and a few others that hit us indirectly, or directly the past few decades. Some of the homes that are being built will be for AirBnB, rentals for tourism, and some are used to hold destination weddings and family reunions. Some will be a permanent residents for the rich and not so famous.
I watched some of the YouTube videos after Michael blew through in 2018. Cape San Blas got leveled. Really sad to see.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Man I love those 1st Edition Alloys. Trade you for my BAP wheels (same but flat powdercoat with no machine surfaces left unpainted)... :wink:

That's fantastic gas mileage. I seem to be pegged at about 28 mpg for my highway trips in Sonora Mexico at 75mph w/ a full box and passenger load. Of course highway driving in Mexico is constantly interrupted by super slow semis, towns, speed bumps, checkpoints, etc.. Once in Arizona USA and beating around the burbs I start to see 30+ mpg again.

Thanks for sharing those photos. Looks like y'all had an awesome time. We don't have campsites w/ good services in AZ like you folks have back east.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Had mine in that area 3 weeks ago. 36.4 MPG From Chitown to Pensacola and back average for the whole trip.
Sponsored