Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sure, if you think 30years, two doors, seats in the cabin vs in the bed, and decent power don't make a difference. :) :)

The Brat was really a two seat tiny truck with two seats in the bed. The Baja was basically a chopped station wagon, much closer to the new Santa Cruz in idea, but both cars were not very capable as trucks.
yeah, I stopped paying attention to Subarus when they saturated TV airwaves with commercials about them being the "official car of the US Ski team" and then unleashed the Justy on America :eek:
Sponsored

ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I read the headline, clicked the link to this thread and was expecting a Ford Maverick and a bratwurst. Then I felt stupid. Duh, Subaru!
cheddar-and-beer.png

Maybe I am hungry?
get an electric george forman grill and you could actually cook them on the tailgate

Tim O'LEARY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 BMW Z3/Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yeah, I stopped paying attention to Subarus when they saturated TV airwaves with commercials about them being the "official car of the US Ski team" and then unleashed the Justy on America :eek:
That's a long time to hold a grudge!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's a long time to hold a grudge!
I'm not holding a grudge, just not excited enough about their offerings to consider buying 1. My wife has a 2014 Outback (non-turbo) and I was with her throughout her purchase process. She had narrowed things down to the Outback or Forester and we test drove both. She has been satisfied with MPG, reliability and all weather capabilities both in CA and CO when we relocated. However she has always wished for more expansive dealer network (nearest 1 is 60 miles away) and has grown to hate the CVT and low power output.

My reference points were a 6 months old 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 I bought new after 5 years of owning a 2017 Pontiac Vibe (FWD). My impression was the Outback was far more comparable in driving experience to the Vibe than the Jeep, but I had different requirements and a larger budget than she did at the time and we both got what we wanted. I'm happy enough with the Jeep I plan to keep it forever, but she is starting to think about upgrading the Outback at some point. Different strokes and all that apply :)

greycat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Makes one pine for the dodge rampage... Not.

Sponsored

LE5CAV

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL: 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So the Brat is technically a 4 seater, and they both have a lil bed. Really they are basically the same thing.
I told my buddies dad I got a brand new Subaru Baja (He's a big wig at Subaru of America) and he looked at me confused till he seen the truck, then he just started laughing. " that's the wrong blue oval"

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I wanted a Brat when they came out but still really needed the larger truck. They disappeared right about the time I began to consider downsizing. This time last year I wanted a smaller truck...Ridgeline,Santa Cruz,etc. were around but not quite what I wanted. The Brat looks tiny compared to the Maverick!!! But I want the Maverick... whenever it comes!!

Tim O'LEARY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 BMW Z3/Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not holding a grudge, just not excited enough about their offerings to consider buying 1. My wife has a 2014 Outback (non-turbo) and I was with her throughout her purchase process. She had narrowed things down to the Outback or Forester and we test drove both. She has been satisfied with MPG, reliability and all weather capabilities both in CA and CO when we relocated. However she has always wished for more expansive dealer network (nearest 1 is 60 miles away) and has grown to hate the CVT and low power output.

My reference points were a 6 months old 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 I bought new after 5 years of owning a 2017 Pontiac Vibe (FWD). My impression was the Outback was far more comparable in driving experience to the Vibe than the Jeep, but I had different requirements and a larger budget than she did at the time and we both got what we wanted. I'm happy enough with the Jeep I plan to keep it forever, but she is starting to think about upgrading the Outback at some point. Different strokes and all that apply :)
That's cool. At least you've based your opinion on ownership. We are on our 6th Subie since the 1980 BRAT. My sone has a Lagacy GT turbo wagon and my daughter just got an Outback Wilderness. We like the Subies just fine. I'm also a Ford guy.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been waiting 40 years to find a replacement for my BRAT! The Maverick is going to be very cool.

20200501_104447.jpg
When I was a kid those came out. We used to joke that it was an "Anthony car" for the Bratty kid down the street. Lol

bykerhd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost FW
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My son had a Brat about 30 years ago. Not sure what year it was but he loved it.
The motors in those were practically indestructible.
He was assigned to a small coastal town in Alaska for his first Coast Guard station.
Sadly, he sold the old Brat to a fellow Coastie when he was assigned next to a station in Maine.
It was getting kind of old, beat and crusty by that point.
Sponsored