Sponsored

Masterlist of functions possible with FORScan??

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They were referring to the OBD Auto-start eliminator.

But the fact is there's no known way in FORScan to disable auto-start or change default drive mode.
You talking about The auto stop start?
Sponsored

OP
OP
KenJ45

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You talking about The auto stop start?
The auto start/stop. That annoying feature where when you stop at a stoplight it shuts off your engine, then starts it again when you release the brake pedal, wearing down your starter at a much higher rate than normal...

ALTOXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT gas
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a question… I enabled the SSR and it works as it should. But when you exceed the selected MPH over the sign flashes continuously, that’s annoying. Anyway to stop that from happening?

It becomes a setting in the vehicle settings

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach E 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The auto start/stop. That annoying feature where when you stop at a stoplight it shuts off your engine, then starts it again when you release the brake pedal, wearing down your starter at a much higher rate than normal...
I imagine the starter in the Mav Hybrid was designed for the higher useage. I remember riding in Mercedes taxis in Cario, Egypt, and elsewhere overseas, in the early 80s and they had stop/start systems even back then. I never heard of a problem with the startes then or now. BTW, they were disel motors. You definitely knew when they shut off and started again.

OP
OP
KenJ45

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I imagine the starter in the Mav Hybrid was designed for the higher useage. I remember riding in Mercedes taxis in Cario, Egypt, and elsewhere overseas, in the early 80s and they had stop/start systems even back then. I never heard of a problem with the startes then or now. BTW, they were disel motors. You definitely knew when they shut off and started again.
Doesn't matter, if it's designed for higher use, then that should just mean it'll last even longer than a normal starter if you don't use auto start stop. Not to mention, I live in South Florida, where air conditioning is not a luxury, but a necessity. When the engine isn't running, the AC doesn't blow as cold, so no matter what, designed for it or not, I don't want to ever use it period.

Sponsored

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach E 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Doesn't matter, if it's designed for higher use, then that should just mean it'll last even longer than a normal starter if you don't use auto start stop. Not to mention, I live in South Florida, where air conditioning is not a luxury, but a necessity. When the engine isn't running, the AC doesn't blow as cold, so no matter what, designed for it or not, I don't want to ever use it period.
I wasn't comenting on wheather to use it or not. I was only addressing your speculation about start stop, "...wearing down your starter at a much higher rate than normal."