Market Adjustment Question

jeepgrady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L. 2022 Lincoln Corsair
Engine
Undecided
First post to forum. I'm considering a 23 Lariat. Dealer is asking for 3000 above MSRP. Doesn't seem to want to budge. In looking at other dealers in my area, they are all looking for 5000-7500 above MSRP. Looking throughout the country, all are asking for above MSRP up to 10000. So, as of now, it appears that my selected dealer at 3000 above is the best price out there for stocked , not ordered Mavericks.

Looking for opinions as to whether I should bite. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can order one and wait a year and still end up with nothing. How bad do you want or need it? Some won't pay a penny over MSRP. Others have paid far more. Only you know whether it's worth it to you.

Wylie61

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In November 22 bought Lariat ECO off lot MA 3k, in anticipation of my ordered hybrid not getting built. 23 Lariat Hybrid built and sold Eco 4k over cost. Was wortth it to me for 3k. Ultimately your $$, to spend as you desire.

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also, you need to remember that Ford will more than likely raise the price of the 24 Maverick and options, so that 3000 over MSRP would be the new MSRP for a 24 with the same options.

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Jump on it! You will like it and you can have it now. Waiting sucks!

Sponsored

BlueOval5.0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-150 SuperCab XLT, 5.4L 3V, Chrome Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I spent an entire three day weekend looking, calling, and emailing dealers in May. Markup amounts ranged from $5k to $10k. Finally found one a customer declined to take delivery on. It was May 29th, was able to get dealer down to $895 over MSRP but I had to take delivery by end on month AND finance at standard rate plus 2% markup - wound up being 10.29% interest. My first payment is due on
June 30th and I paying the entire balance.

You can find a deal but it requires being flexible on trim, color, options, etc., while being extremely patient. The other option is to order one in July and wait for it.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have bought to at above MSRP - one at $3k and one at $2K. After buying them, my Lariat hybrids got built and sold both them for more than I paid.

Take it and enjoy every minute of it like we enjoy ours.

c340

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As has been mentioned, at this point, a $3K markup isn't significant considering the price raises coming. Plus, that gets rid of the wait and the relatively high possibility you don't get one if you order one in July. I'd say if you are dead set on a Maverick, go for it.

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think it’s a fair price and I would jump on it.

Sponsored

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The reason there are large market adjustments on Mavericks is because people pay it. If everyone passed they would come down to normal price.
Right now you may be on top for a year if you want to sell it or trade it but before too long the demand will drop and they will be making more of them so they will sell off the lots below MSRP. Then you've lost. Just like over the last couple of years when people paid way above value for homes and now they are under water

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

First post to forum. I'm considering a 23 Lariat. Dealer is asking for 3000 above MSRP. Doesn't seem to want to budge. In looking at other dealers in my area, they are all looking for 5000-7500 above MSRP. Looking throughout the country, all are asking for above MSRP up to 10000. So, as of now, it appears that my selected dealer at 3000 above is the best price out there for stocked , not ordered Mavericks.

Looking for opinions as to whether I should bite. Thanks in advance.
Ford most likely will raise its prices for the maverick. When I bought mine I went through the same thing. A maverick I’m hand is better than none in the bush. To order one in my opinion will take well over a year to get.
Enjoy the truck and save the money on the gad

Joofchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have bought to at above MSRP - one at $3k and one at $2K. After buying them, my Lariat hybrids got built and sold both them for more than I paid.

Take it and enjoy every minute of it like we enjoy ours.
May I ask where you sold them?? Private sales or Carvana???

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The reason there are large market adjustments on Mavericks is because people pay it. If everyone passed they would come down to normal price.
Just like if everyone stopped buying gasoline the price will go down.

You go first. I triple dog dare you.
LOL!
🤣

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is a decision you have to make.
Is it worth $3K over MSRP to you. What other vehicles are in the Maverick MSRP + $3K price range.

I like my maverick but if I was looking to pay Maverick MSRP + $10K, as in one example you gave, I think I could find more for my money elsewhere.

I personally would not do it. As long as people are willing to pay over MSRP the price will continue to be over MSRP.
The Maverick selling price is based on what the market will bear.
Sponsored