Lol I recall those, also strios that hung out the rear that was supposed to be if you got hit by lightning.Honestly the big wheel trend of custom cars today has me almost completely uninterested in what any one else does. The real reason you dont see alot of chrome anymore is because how expensive (and toxic) proper chroming is. There is a medium between classic chrome processes and a dozen Autozone furnished "Buick" portholes on every panel everywhere. Getting some of the factory black plastic chrome wrapped or painted, is a whole different thing. The lettering folks are doing is something I'm on the fence about. I prefer a chromed piece to be a chromed piece with defined edges, not a sticker.
Talking about JC Whitney, something I always loved seeing at car shows was "curb feelers".
Such a silly thing yet so popular at on specific time in history.
![]()
I believe so. Have gotten good compliments on knobs, door handles and tailgate handle covers. Really stand out with the Alto Blue.Do they seem like they'll be durable?
Just ordered the grill panel kit. You can find the mirror caps on Amazon for less. Amazon.com: AGGERT Silver Car Chrome Side Rearview Mirror Cover Trim 2pcs for Ford Maverick 2022 2023 : AutomotiveSpotted a few more chrome items for those that are interested. No link, just a photo of a computer screen. I believe this was ebay.
![]()
Are you still able to use your door handle sensors to lock your truck? I'm guessing the plastic blocks the sensor.