First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Our Alto Blue Maverick XLT hybrid just arrived at the dealer, and we had a chance to visit it and drive it around the parking lot before they took it off to install the $3K worth of accessories we bought. One thing I noticed is that Alto Blue is almost black, and with the general lack of ornamentation on the vehicle, it SERIOUSLY needs some chrome accents to make it pop some. Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket addons that would let me dress it up a bit? Particularly interested in opinions about quality and durability of chrome plated plastic parts. Thanks!

Ford Maverick Looking for some chrome! DayOne
Sponsored

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not adding any chrome to my Alto Blue Mav, but I did add tailgate letters and am considering pinstriping. But that will be it.

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Our Alto Blue Maverick XLT hybrid just arrived at the dealer, and we had a chance to visit it and drive it around the parking lot before they took it off to install the $3K worth of accessories we bought. One thing I noticed is that Alto Blue is almost black, and with the general lack of ornamentation on the vehicle, it SERIOUSLY needs some chrome accents to make it pop some. Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket addons that would let me dress it up a bit? Particularly interested in opinions about quality and durability of chrome plated plastic parts. Thanks!

DayOne.jpg
https://www.ebay.com/itm/364130836963

damnclose

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Caravan, 2002 Chevy Silverado 4X4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

DayOne.jpg
Are they going to release it? Thought they were unable to release Hybrid Mavericks due to fire recall.

Sponsored

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

jahaas13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid - Cyber Orange
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are they going to release it? Thought they were unable to release Hybrid Mavericks due to fire recall.
I was able to pick up my Hybrid this past Saturday. I think it all depends on what the Ford VIN recall lookup is stating. I read that entire thread and reached out to my dealer last Thursday. He responded Friday morning by saying "your truck is here, when do you want to pick it up?"

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
maybe consider chrome tailgate lettering

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think on a dark truck a chrome grille ba, door handles, and tailgate handles would look great. All about the same height wrapping around the truck.

As for the chrome naysayers, forget em.everything is blacked out these days. People remember the cars that looked different, not the ones that blended in with everyone else.

Sponsored

Bmavel

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Area 51 awd 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Friends don't let friends do chrome.
This, the "chrome" used nowadays is very cheap and mostly fake and looks awful in months.

Mason

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As an owner of an atlas blue XL who originally wanted the BAP, I decided everyone was blacking out their mavericks and at this point that is the standard maverick. Kept the chrome lights, going to get chrome tailgate lettering, and also going to get the fender badges "XL" painted silver like the XLT and Lariats are. Whenever I finally decide to replace the factory steel XL wheels I will be sticking to a chrome wheel as well.
There is a lack of OEM Maverick wheels on the market, and plenty of XL owners want them. If you decided to get chrome wheels you could probably sell yours for a good price.

Sleeper 7

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Fusion 14 Ram Dump 23 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did upper and lower grill bars all the handles mirrors and tailgate letters with 20 inch machined faced wheels. Its a XL no more. The only issue I ever had with chromed plastic is winter salt will pit it over time.

mspmms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
'MERICA
Threads
Reaction score
U.S.A. Indianapolis, Indiana (Downtown Indy)
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

As an owner of an atlas blue XL who originally wanted the BAP, I decided everyone was blacking out their mavericks and at this point that is the standard maverick. Kept the chrome lights, going to get chrome tailgate lettering, and also going to get the fender badges "XL" painted silver like the XLT and Lariats are. Whenever I finally decide to replace the factory steel XL wheels I will be sticking to a chrome wheel as well.
There is a lack of OEM Maverick wheels on the market, and plenty of XL owners want them. If you decided to get chrome wheels you could probably sell yours for a good price.
I know Black is all the rage right now, but I decided to go with BRONZE to compliment my Atlas Blue.

Ford Maverick Looking for some chrome! 20230605_171957_resized

Ford Maverick Looking for some chrome! 20230602_191136_resized
Sponsored