First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did upper and lower grill bars all the handles mirrors and tailgate letters with 20 inch machined faced wheels. Its a XL no more. The only issue I ever had with chromed plastic is winter salt will pit it over time.
WInter salt shouldn't be a problem since I live in Florida, but not close enough to the beach to get salt air.
Sponsored

mspmms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
'MERICA
Threads
Reaction score
U.S.A. Indianapolis, Indiana (Downtown Indy)
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As for the chrome naysayers, forget em.everything is blacked out these days. People remember the cars that looked different, not the ones that blended in with everyone else.
You want personalization to stand out because it looks good AND is different. NOT because you ordered every cheap chrome accessory JC Whitney has and stuck it to your vehicle. There is a reason you don't see a lot of chrome on custom cars these days, and it isn't because people aren't creative or have good taste

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You want personalization to stand out because it looks good AND is different. NOT because you ordered every cheap chrome accessory JC Whitney has and stuck it to your vehicle. There is a reason you don't see a lot of chrome on custom cars these days, and it isn't because people aren't creative or have good taste
Honestly the big wheel trend of custom cars today has me almost completely uninterested in what any one else does. The real reason you dont see alot of chrome anymore is because how expensive (and toxic) proper chroming is. There is a medium between classic chrome processes and a dozen Autozone furnished "Buick" portholes on every panel everywhere. Getting some of the factory black plastic chrome wrapped or painted, is a whole different thing. The lettering folks are doing is something I'm on the fence about. I prefer a chromed piece to be a chromed piece with defined edges, not a sticker.

Talking about JC Whitney, something I always loved seeing at car shows was "curb feelers".
Such a silly thing yet so popular at on specific time in history.
Ford Maverick Looking for some chrome! 1686101323119

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last edited:

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This, the "chrome" used nowadays is very cheap and mostly fake and looks awful in months.
The "plastic" chrome on my 2016 Genesis Coupe looked like new after six years. The "plastic" chrome on my son's 2010 F150 still looks great after 13 years. The "plastic" chrome on my Kenmore Fridge still looks great after 30 years. The "plastic" chrome on my wife's front license plate frame looks brand new after 3 years. What I have noticed is that the chrome on "metal" tends to start to bubble and flake off after a few years ;)

Bmavel

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Area 51 awd 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The "plastic" chrome on my 2016 Genesis Coupe looked like new after six years. The "plastic" chrome on my son's 2010 F150 still looks great after 13 years. The "plastic" chrome on my Kenmore Fridge still looks great after 30 years. The "plastic" chrome on my wife's front license plate frame looks brand new after 3 years. What I have noticed is that the chrome on "metal" tends to start to bubble and flake off after a few years ;)
Do you live somewhere that salts cause that chrome would last one month of winter n New England lol when I worked at dealers I would see brand new cars come in after a winter and the chrome is just flaking off

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you live somewhere that salts cause that chrome would last one month of winter n New England lol when I worked at dealers I would see brand new cars come in after a winter and the chrome is just flaking off
The advantage of living in central Texas ;)

Sponsored
OP
OP
RobertSapp

RobertSapp

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe that is really what that OP is asking. Looking for experience with good quality bling if there is any out there.
Yes, exactly!

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
RobertSapp

RobertSapp

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have an Atlas Blue Mav and I've been looking for chrome accessories for a while just to pass the time. Getting my bonus this month and may add a few of there to my cart. Hope this inspires you.

Amazon.com: Brighter Design Set of 4 17" Chrome 1 1/2' Deep Wheel Trim Rings : Automotive

Amazon.com: TAC Side Steps Running Boards Compatible with 2022-2023 Ford Maverick/Maverick Hybrid Pickup Truck 3" Stainless Steel Side Bars Step Rails Nerf Bars Off Road Accessories 2 pcs : Automotive

Amazon.com: License Plate Frames, 1 Pc 4 Holes Slim Stainless Steel Polish Mirror License Plate Frame + Chrome Screw Caps : Home & Kitchen

Amazon.com: Aunginsy Car Tailgate Handle Cover Kit Compatible with Ford Maverick 2022 2023 Car Tailgate Handle Cover Trim Frame Tailgate Handle Scratch Protector Films Rear Handle Cover ABS Exterior Accessories : Automotive

Amazon.com: AGGERT Silver Car Chrome Side Rearview Mirror Cover Trim 2pcs for Ford Maverick 2022 2023 : Automotive

Amazon.com: Mega Racer Silver Aluminum Antenna for Trucks - 3.9" Universal Fit, AM/FM Radio, 6061 Solid Aluminum, Anti-Theft Design, Car Wash Safe, Antenna Replacement, 1 Piece : Automotive

Amazon.com: Auto Exterior Door Handle Protective Trim Cover Compatible with Ford Maverick 2022 2023 Car Exterior Door Handles Cover Exterior Door Handles Protector Trim Decorate Covers Trim Interior Accessories : Automotive

Amazon.com: Car Front Bumper Protector Guard Compatible with Ford Maverick 2022 Car Front Bumper Protector Corner Guard Side Bumper Edge Protection Guard Car Body Anti-Collision Patch Cover Exterior Accessories : Automotive

Amazon.com: Car Gear Shift Switch Button Ring Trim Cover Compatible with Ford Maverick 2022 2023 Car Gear Knob Ring Cover Gear Shift Switch Knob Cover Gear Shifter Head Button Protect Decor Interior Accessories : Automotive

Amazon.com: Headlight Switch Button Frame Cover Trim Compatible with Ford Maverick 2022 Aunginsy Car Headlight Switch Trim Frame Headlight Switch Button Decorative Frame Trim Cover ABS Bright White Accessories : Automotive

Amazon.com: Car Centre Console Air Conditioner Volume Knob Button Circle Cover Compatible with Ford Maverick 2022 Aluminum Car Air Conditioner Switch Button Knob Trim Cover Volume Knob Protection Ring Accessories : Automotive

Amazon.com: Car Door Sill Plate Protectors Compatible with Ford Maverick 2022 2023 Car Door Entry Guards Sill Scuff Cover Step Protector Door Sill Scuff Plate Door Sill Cover Decoration Trim Internal Accessories : Automotive

Amazon.com: Car Door Sill Plate Protectors Compatible with Ford Maverick 2022 2023 Car Door Entry Guards Sill Scuff Cover Step Protector Door Sill Scuff Plate Door Sill Cover Decoration Trim Internal Accessories : Automotive
Thanks for this!

Palms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mercedes GLC; 23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have done the Aunginsy Tailgate and their door covers through Amazon on my Alto Blue and really, really look good. Also their knob sets and couldn't be happier. Great company to work with.

Your_Cousin_Vinny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lincoln Continental, 2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here, and we get very wintery winters here in northeast Ohio. No salt is spared... Not one of my, or my families, cars with "plastic" chrome ever had flaking issues and we had some of them for 15+ years, all American brands (GMs, Fords, Chryslers)

I'm with OP on a love for chrome, despite my age I like a little bling in the right spots on a car. My Lincoln wouldn't have the same presence with a bunch of black plastic where the chrome is now. I've got chrome tailgate letters waiting for my Mav, if it ever comes...
Sponsored