Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If you want extreme budget a cinch strap and a towel is how alot of surfers carry their boards out here. I've also seen people wrap foam with cloth or tape or both and make a couple of soft "boards" out of em then just strap though the doors. Otherwise I think amazon, and others can find you racks for the roof for around $300. Then there is always DIY stuff for the bed. Anything you can dream of can work back there.
Sponsored

Xatorius

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saved these to my potential accessory list a while back. They're relatively cheap and I would imagine hold a clamshell well enough. There's a Maverick owner who uploaded a pic with the bars attached in the reviews so it does work with our trucks.

Amazon: MOSTPLUS Universal Roof Rack Cross Bar

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
it's cool, options are always good. I'm limited thought with the hard trifold cover back there.
This is awesome thread. Watching it.

I think you could still do a bed rack if you DIY a bed slide out tray. You wouldn't need to flip up your tonneau cover.
Ford Maverick Looking for a budget roof rack solution 20220625_200643

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gabbydad “budget” roof rack special!!
Ford Maverick Looking for a budget roof rack solution A4A9A14D-4ABE-49F3-A773-32974677B4B9

Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saved these to my potential accessory list a while back. They're relatively cheap and I would imagine hold a clamshell well enough. There's a Maverick owner who uploaded a pic with the bars attached in the reviews so it does work with our trucks.

Amazon: MOSTPLUS Universal Roof Rack Cross Bar
Amazon says it does not fit a Maverick roof, but their site shows a Maverick with Roof Rack installed. I have my Maverick registered with Amazon and user comments say it does not fit a Maverick. But users could be WRONG. I was considering it but Reviews are overall very negative about the supplier.

Last edited:

Xatorius

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Amazon says it does not fit a Maverick roof.
Don't know what the deal is, maybe it's not updated, but there's clearly a picture of them installed on a maverick in the review photos /shrug

OP
OP
Gabbydad

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered this. I’ll circle back with pics and feedback once I use it.

Ford Maverick Looking for a budget roof rack solution F5D7C977-FE33-4AA7-8ABD-714A80396B50

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered this. I’ll circle back with pics and feedback once I use it.

F5D7C977-FE33-4AA7-8ABD-714A80396B50.png
We have this exact one for or jetta. We bought one for my parents a few years ago for their Outback. Has worked fine countless times for both of us...sucks that they are twice the price they were when we bought.

Inspector1

First Name
NIgel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
If you want a really reasonable option (non-locking) I bought this off Ebay ($65) and it fits very well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254369960945

Comes with three different sized clamps. I took the smallest ones and straightened them out a bit (clamped in a vise and bent by hand). It fits perfectly on the black channels. Front and rear racks are set about 3/4" different in length.

All in all, a good super cheap solution. I will grab a photo of it on the truck a bit later today.

Sponsored

Inspector1

First Name
NIgel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Here is a photo of the installation. Pretty low profile. Misses the antenna nicely. Fairly minor wind noise (I've added a kayak rack which does up the noise). But the rack fits really nicely and only takes a minute or two to remove or replace once you've set it up. I recommend writing front and rear on the appropriate racks as they are slightly different lengths

Ford Maverick Looking for a budget roof rack solution 1661116285775

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is a photo of the installation. Pretty low profile. Misses the antenna nicely. Fairly minor wind noise (I've added a kayak rack which does up the noise). But the rack fits really nicely and only takes a minute or two to remove or replace once you've set it up. I recommend writing front and rear on the appropriate racks as they are slightly different lengths

1661116285775.jpeg
At $65 any decrease in mpg is probably worth it compared to an expensive rack system in the bed. Might need to pick these up for the occasional trip with a rooftop box.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At $65 any decrease in mpg is probably worth it compared to an expensive rack system in the bed. Might need to pick these up for the occasional trip with a rooftop box.
Glad I clicked on this thread - I had shopped for some cheap racks months ago but nobody had any experience with any at that time. $65 is cheap for a set of racks. I already have a cheapass cargo basket this will complete the cheapass circle. :ROFLMAO:

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you want a really reasonable option (non-locking) I bought this off Ebay ($65) and it fits very well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254369960945

Comes with three different sized clamps. I took the smallest ones and straightened them out a bit (clamped in a vise and bent by hand). It fits perfectly on the black channels. Front and rear racks are set about 3/4" different in length.

All in all, a good super cheap solution. I will grab a photo of it on the truck a bit later today.
Thx for the head's up - looks like a great cheap option!!

OP
OP
Gabbydad

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just returned from our vacation. Yes it looks like ass. But it worked perfectly and stayed anchored securely.
Probably won’t be using it again for another year so staying under $200 made sense to me.

Ford Maverick Looking for a budget roof rack solution 887FFB6C-1D1E-4D06-86A5-5BCB4E64708A
Ford Maverick Looking for a budget roof rack solution EAFFDC86-93DC-4631-AB64-FFFD7C18D2C1
Sponsored