First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone have any idea of the cost to ship to Pennsylvania? I received the Docusign document and it says will cover up to $1,000 in standard financing and must finance full purchase. Are these like the 1.9, 2.9 rates advertised by Ford or worse rates and does that mean I can’t make a down payment?
Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are not the 1.9 or 2.9. Even before the feds hiked the rates, it was more like 5% to qualify for the LM free shipping.

Suzysparks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S (Ordered a ‘23 Hybrid & Ecoboost)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Anyone have any idea of the cost to ship to Pennsylvania? I received the Docusign document and it says will cover up to $1,000 in standard financing and must finance full purchase. Are these like the 1.9, 2.9 rates advertised by Ford or worse rates and does that mean I can’t make a down payment?
Last I heard the rates were $1.25 per mile If you pay for shipping. And yes, standard finance rates are at least 4% I believe.

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can’t combine the Ford special rates with the $1,000 toward delivery from Long McArthur. They have been pretty transparent about how the deal works. They don’t make enough money when you use the Ford rates.

I would imagine their rates are probably in line with other ”standard” auto rates for your credit score. I don’t know about what they will allow as far as a down payment. The document I signed with them said something about most loans requiring a 20% down.

Looking at the map it will make a lot of difference where you are in PA. Probably $400-$500 more if you are on the eastern side of the state vs. the western.

I guess if you get scheduled start deciding how you want to handle the delivery and loan. It is always advisable to go in with some financing in your pocket from a bank or credit union just in case you don’t like what the dealership can provide. You’ll have to see based on how long you plan to hold the loan what sort of deal works best for you. If you do get a 23 you are locked into the current Ford promotional rates and it might work out better to take those and pay for the shipping yourself. Everyone expects another 1.5% rate increase out of the Fed through end of 2022 and Ford’s locked rates might look really good if the Fed continues to raise in 2023.

Sponsored

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP you can also fly out to LM and they'll use that $1000 as a travel voucher. That would pay for a plane ticket(s) and hotel room. The best airport is Wichita Kansas because it's serviced by Southwest (cheaper plane tickets means more to spend on better hotel). Someone from LM will come pick you up from the airport for free. You can also become a member of LM's YouTube channel for less than $5/month and get a better delivery experience (dinner, museum tickets, etc).

Or, you can have it shipped...LM will pay $1000 towards the shipping cost, if it's over $1k to get to your location (which is likely) you can put the remainder cost into your car loan. Most have quoted shipping rates at $1.25/mi, but I'm not 100% sure that's what it'll be when your Mav arrives at LM

Suzysparks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

OP you can also fly out to LM and they'll use that $1000 as a travel voucher. That would pay for a plane ticket(s) and hotel room. The best airport is Wichita Kansas because it's serviced by Southwest (cheaper plane tickets means more to spend on better hotel). Someone from LM will come pick you up from the airport for free. You can also become a member of LM's YouTube channel for less than $5/month and get a better delivery experience (dinner, museum tickets, etc).

Or, you can have it shipped...LM will pay $1000 towards the shipping cost, if it's over $1k to get to your location (which is likely) you can put the remainder cost into your car loan. Most have quoted shipping rates at $1.25/mi, but I'm not 100% sure that's what it'll be when your Mav arrives at LM
We have a Bronco Sport that just got scheduled for a November build. So I’ll be in that situation at the end of the year. What to do? I believe the Ford financing will be way more beneficial than the “free” shipping. Luckily we think (if NO delays) it will get delivered over the Holidays so we might just take a long weekend and go pick it up. It should just be a 12 hour drive or so from South Texas. 😜.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have a Bronco Sport that just got scheduled for a November build. So I’ll be in that situation at the end of the year. What to do? I believe the Ford financing will be way more beneficial than the “free” shipping. Luckily we think (if NO delays) it will get delivered over the Holidays so we might just take a long weekend and go pick it up. It should just be a 12 hour drive or so from South Texas. 😜.
Say you were financing $25k for 60 months. Also say you had the choice between 1.9% and 3.9% interest.

1.9% ~= $1,226 interest
3.9% ~= $2,557 interest

So that's $1,331 more in interest just from that extra 2%. The difference in interest rates could be greater and you might be financing more than that, which makes the higher rate that much more expensive. Just something to keep in mind.

Calculator used: https://www.cars.com/car-loan-calculator/

Suzysparks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Say you were financing $25k for 60 months. Also say you had the choice between 1.9% and 3.9% interest.

1.9% ~= $1,226 interest
3.9% ~= $2,557 interest

So that's $1,331 more in interest just from that extra 2%. The difference in interest rates could be greater and you might be financing more than that, which makes the higher rate that much more expensive. Just something to keep in mind.

Calculator used: https://www.cars.com/car-loan-calculator/
You are exactly right. It was one thing when the rates were low and you could take the free shipping at their high finance rates and then turn around and refinance in 3 or 4 months, but those days are over for the foreseeable future. My husband grew up with our salesman, so there is a part of us that does not mind a drive up to Salina. We also have a Maverick on order and if we ever see it, we will have this dilemma again.

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I would ask what rate I'd be getting from LM, then compare to what another lender's rate is (credit union, bank, etc). May not be that much of a difference, especially if you wanna travel anyway and make some memories...

Sponsored

Suzysparks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I would ask what rate I'd be getting from LM, then compare to what another lender's rate is (credit union, bank, etc). May not be that much of a difference, especially if you wanna travel anyway and make some memories...
Most definitely. Not my first car buying rodeo. I’m an informed car buyer; it’s not about the payment people!!! That accounting and finance degree has come in handy over the years. 😉

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am planning on joining a credit union to get a good rate, then fly out and drive the truck back.

Between the flight and gas it will probably be around $600-ish

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I submitted a build sheet to Long McArthur in July and after really thinking about it, I chose a dealer close to home. I chose one that had good Google reviews by people who had ordered from them.. I really wanted it to work, but felt it would cost me more to purchase it there. I live in CA, so I was in the same position as you. I wanted to meet Tim, it would have been fun.

OP
OP

rschroder09

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for everyone’s help. Yeah, I don’t think I am going to go through with my order. Long McArthur seem like great people, but It doesn’t make financial sense for me once I start adding everything up. I have another order with Chapman in Horsham so hopefully that comes through, but I’ll probably end up without any maverick haha.
Sponsored